What are you playing?

Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
Xeogred
Next-Gen

Re: What are you playing?

Post by Xeogred »

I finally played and beat Revenge of Shinobi myself last year. Not going to lie though, I used some save states and eventually looked up how to finish the last level because it got infuriating haha. Final boss was tough as nails too.

Have you played Shadow Dancer? Though you can only take one hit in that one, I found it to be a little easier and breezy.
pook99
128-bit

Post by pook99 »

Finally got back into god of war on PS4, I'm enjoying it a lot more now, I'm not sure why since the game did not captivate me in the past but I'm loving it right now.

I also started Celeste, which is an amazing game, some terrific level design and great overall atmosphere.
Kowalski
8-bit

Post by Kowalski »

Lineage 2 Classic, STALKER Lost Alpha. Stalker is kinda buggy but I'm trying to deal with it.
strangenova
Next-Gen

Post by strangenova »

Dead Cells....I can not get enough. Everytime I sit down to play something different I fire it up for one more run...
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

strangenova wrote:Dead Cells....I can not get enough. Everytime I sit down to play something different I fire it up for one more run...

yup. That game is amazinggg.
strangenova
Next-Gen

Post by strangenova »

noiseredux wrote:
strangenova wrote:Dead Cells....I can not get enough. Everytime I sit down to play something different I fire it up for one more run...

yup. That game is amazinggg.

It really is, I'm currently trying to take down the Hand on 1 cell. How far did you get?
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

um... I know I beat Conjunctavitius (or whatever his name is). I never did get the Spider Rune, though. It's the sort of game I'll play for a month then take some time off and then come back to for a month. So I'm far from done with it.

Have you seen that speedrun of that dude who beat it in 10 minutes? It's unreal.
strangenova
Next-Gen

Post by strangenova »

I have not seen that no, but I can spare 10 minutes for something that awesome. Yeah it's one that you can always come back to and chip away at. I love all the weapon synergies you can build and just do crazy things with
pierrot
Next-Gen

Post by pierrot »

Xeogred wrote:I finally played and beat Revenge of Shinobi myself last year. Not going to lie though, I used some save states and eventually looked up how to finish the last level because it got infuriating haha. Final boss was tough as nails too.

So, I actually finished The Revenge of Shinobi. Kept with just the 50 "shurikins." Over the weekend, I realized that I could farm lives in stage 3-2, after figuring out that the "1up" buried in some of the containers was actually a 2up. After doing that for a while (I think I stopped somewhere around 13, or 14 lives in stock), I moved on, and was able to get to stage 7 without too much trouble, but oh man! That jump in stage 7 is pure bull crap. I lost all of my lives (even going through all my continues) just trying to 1) get to that jump, and 2) make it over that jump. I don't know why they did this again. There's a jump like it in Shinobi for the Master System, too, and it's one of the main reasons I've not gone back to that game at all (that and Madara). I eventually, on the final life of my final continue, realized that I needed to actually run at the jump. Before that I had even been trying to use the fuushin jutsu, but was still coming up short. So I made that jump on my last possible attempt. I think I picked up an extra life via points, in stage 7-2, and made it to the boss, which is unfortunately where I found out that my copy of the game is the last revision of it. I had two cracks at the boss, but no dice.

I let a day or two pass, and came back to it with the knowledge that another "1up" at the beginning of stage 5-2, that I was initially very confused by when I had found it, was also a 2up. That one's a lot faster to farm, so I grabbed a few extra lives in 3-2, then got I-don't-even-know-how-many extra lives in stock from 5-2. It was plenty. I didn't really die all that much, this time around, and was able to clear the jump in 7-1 on my first attempt, somehow. Was also able to beat the boss of stage 7 pretty easily, and 8-1 was not even all that difficult, either, even though I hadn't seen it before. Stage 8-2 was a little annoying, but at least the areas were numbered, and after 20 minutes or so, I was able to finish it. The actual route is really pretty simple, but figuring it out was the really tough part. It was the point where I really wish the game had a dash mechanic, like Shinobi III, because a lot of the time, I was just walking back through empty areas that I had already cleared of enemies. I was able to find a secret room full of nice stuff along the way, anyway. Final boss was a jerk. I ended up using a fair number of mijin jutsu against him, but got the bad ending, apparently. Still had nine or more lives in stock, though. Was not too pleased to find out I had completely missed a fairly subtle component of that last fight, that's actually pretty important within the context of the game. It's a weirdly abrupt ending regardless, though.

I kind of like the game, overall, but I feel like it's partly out of Stockholm Syndrome. It's honestly not terribly difficult, after learning it, but learning the game is really frustrating.

Xeogred wrote:IHave you played Shadow Dancer? Though you can only take one hit in that one, I found it to be a little easier and breezy.

I've tried it out when testing the copy that I have, but not really, no. I've kind of prevented myself from playing Shadow Dancer or Shinobi III, fully, before finishing Revenge of Shinobi. So, now that it's out of the way (and I was really unsure about whether or not it ever would be), I intend to play Shadow Dance, and Shinobi III. I'm really looking forward to playing more of Shinobi III, but hopefully Shadow Dancer is also really good.

In other news, I'm also up to Stage 9 of Shijou Saidai Soukoban. I'm not sure if I'll actually stick with this version of Soukoban through the 25 stages, just because it requires finishing a certain number (seems to be between six and ten, in my experience) of the ten floors of the stage, before moving on to the next stage, and getting a password. Some of the floors at this point take a lot of time to finish, even if the solutions aren't all that difficult. When I actually have to think about the solution, particularly on the larger floors, it's a lot of time to invest when there are a handful more floors needed before I can get a password, and stop. I usually don't think much about the time, but I also don't want to be up until 4am working on Soukoban puzzles all the time, because I could easily make the mistake of continuing on with the next stage, and throw away two hours without even really thinking about it.
Kowalski
8-bit

Post by Kowalski »

Farming the fire spirit stones in Lineage Classic. Kinda chilling gameplay.