What are you playing?

Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
prfsnl_gmr
Next-Gen

Re: What are you playing?

Post by prfsnl_gmr »

PresidentLeever wrote:Going full blast with Blaster Master: Blasting Again.

This game isn't so bad. But would it have killed them to use the dual shock when it's mentioned in the manual? Or add regular strafing to the on foot controls?

The ost sounds kinda like the 90s didn't happen besides techno, sometimes rather similar to the NES game in composition, but with PS1 midi synth and more harmonies.

Have you beaten this yet? Thoughts on it? It’s been on my “to play” list for a while.
prfsnl_gmr
Next-Gen

Post by prfsnl_gmr »

Sweet. Thanks for the update.
stickem
Next-Gen

Post by stickem »

stickem wrote:Picked up Tanzer for the genesis and after a few runs, I'm pretty impressed. Nice run and gun with good graphics, sound, and control. Perfect game for me for when I dont have much time.

Ok after a few more days running through this game, I'm going to say top 20 genesis game. It's that good, highly addictive. If you own a genesis, it's well worth the purchase. I hope new games like this and xeno crisis are regular occurrences.
pook99
128-bit

Post by pook99 »

Playing Epic Mickey on wii, almost at the end of it, not sure what I will play after that. I did try and start neo contra (ps2)tonight which was a game I always wanted to try but it was more or less unplayable so I decided to quit after the first level.

stickem wrote:
stickem wrote:Picked up Tanzer for the genesis and after a few runs, I'm pretty impressed. Nice run and gun with good graphics, sound, and control. Perfect game for me for when I dont have much time.

Ok after a few more days running through this game, I'm going to say top 20 genesis game. It's that good, highly addictive. If you own a genesis, it's well worth the purchase. I hope new games like this and xeno crisis are regular occurrences.

I saw that game and it looked really cool, I don't own a genesis but if it released on steam/switch I would definitely pick it up. I think it is cool that developers are still making games for old platforms but they are definitely selling themselves short by not porting them over to modern hardware.
Note
Next-Gen

Post by Note »

stickem wrote:

Good to get an opinion of Tanzer, I saw some footage and was intrigued. I gotta try it out. I played Xeno Crisis and really dig it as well, it's a pretty tough game, but I had a good time repeatedly playing through a portion of it -- I'd imagine it's a blast playing in co-op. The graphics and sound are also great for a Genesis title. Also hoping we get more impressive Genesis games moving forward.
TheSSNintendo
128-bit

Post by TheSSNintendo »

Playing The Last of Us Remastered.
PretentiousHipster
Next-Gen

Post by PretentiousHipster »

Started Quarantine, because of its suitable title, and it's not what I expected at all. It was made 5 years before Crazy Taxi, and it's developed by a company that later turned into Rockstar Games. I'm surprised how obscure it is considering that's the case. Was the Crazy Taxi style gameplay ever utilized before 1994?
alienjesus
Next-Gen

Post by alienjesus »

PretentiousHipster wrote:Started Quarantine, because of its suitable title, and it's not what I expected at all. It was made 5 years before Crazy Taxi, and it's developed by a company that later turned into Rockstar Games. I'm surprised how obscure it is considering that's the case. Was the Crazy Taxi style gameplay ever utilized before 1994?

Most of rockstars output pre-gta is pretty obscure, especially outside of Europe where the Amiga wasn’t so popular. That’s true even if the uk branch which was previously known as DMA design.

Lemmings is probably the most well known of the games, but very few people seem to know that they are the company who made it. Shadow of the Beast probably after that.

I’d never heard of imagexcel though, so obviously the Canadian branch has an even more obscure back catalogue
pook99
128-bit

Post by pook99 »

Started 007 blood stone on the xbox 360, fun james bond game, nothing revolutionary, but it is an original bond story that gets the fundamentals right.
Syndicate
32-bit

Post by Syndicate »

...I'm working on wrapping up Hollow Knight but the Trial of the Fool is just tough. I also have Streets of Rage 4 in rotation and have finally made it back to the AC series and started Assassin's Creed III today. I'm going to try to get through the main games to get caught up before Valhalla launches this holiday.