Next-Gen

Re: What are you playing?

Post by Xeogred »

It's like Metroid... all gone wrong.
alienjesus
Next-Gen

Post by alienjesus »

1-3 is probably one of the hardest levels in my eyes. It’s early enough that you haven’t powered up yet, and the vertical scrolling is pretty hazardous. World 2 is much easier overall.
Dikdikvandik
32-bit

Post by Dikdikvandik »

Splatoon 2 the answer will always be Splatoon 2.
Markies
Next-Gen

Post by Markies »

alienjesus wrote:1-3 is probably one of the hardest levels in my eyes. It’s early enough that you haven’t powered up yet, and the vertical scrolling is pretty hazardous. World 2 is much easier overall.

I would fully agree with you.

If you don't do any grinding for health in 1-2, 1-3 can give you a swift kick. The level goes on forever and they ramp up the amount of enemies.

Once you are able to beat your first boss, the game gets so much easier.
Dikdikvandik
32-bit

Post by Dikdikvandik »

I Started Mark of the Ninja Remastered on Switch last night.

THAT is a Ninja game.
nullPointer
128-bit

Post by nullPointer »

Dikdikvandik wrote:I Started Mark of the Ninja Remastered on Switch last night.

THAT is a Ninja game.

Amen to that. There are plenty of games featuring ninjas, but very few of them make you feel like a ninja. That is where Mark of the Ninja excels and using that as a primary measure, it might even be my favorite ninja game.
Dikdikvandik
32-bit

Post by Dikdikvandik »

Some of the puzzles near the end are infuriating but I've enjoyed it.

I wish Tenchu would come back.
PartridgeSenpai
Next-Gen

Post by PartridgeSenpai »

About to finish Fist of the North Star: Lost Paradise's main story, it would seem. The final chapter really snuck up on me, tbh. Like, if I hadn't been muckin' around hunting for side-stuff to do SO much, I probably could've gotten through the main story in less than 10 hours. Some chapters are literally just one boss fight. This has been a very odd Yakuza spin-off, but not really an all bad one. It does seem like there have been sacrifices narratively for the sake of incorporating FotNS's universe as a compelling story surrounding one city location, but the combat is freaking AWESOME, so the game is certainly mechanically compelling where it counts. I haven't even found HALF the side missions yet though, so I gotta imagine there's a fair amount of content post chapter 10.

I'm also playing 3D Picross Round 2 on my 3DS, and this game is SO fun! It's 3D Picross, but now two colors you're playing around instead of 1, so the whole dynamic of how not just Picross but 3D Picross shifts. This is in addition to tiny cool things like 3 selectable difficulties, and the game will even tell you which default one it picked for you depending on how well you handled the tutorial. It's just a really well made little Picross game, and the music is also really good, which is a nice bonus ^w^
I identify everyone via avatar, so if you change your avatar, I genuinely might completely forget who you are. -- Me
Ack

Post by Ack »

I'm making progress in Starship Titanic after not having played it in a while, but it takes some getting used to. For one, there is a lot that doesn't seem to get explained, so I'm figuring out controls as I go along. I realized tonight that I could actually save locations in the ship and store the location record to remind myself where to go; that would have been helpful earlier. There are also some annoying layout issues since there are four elevators. They take you to locked off sections of different floors, so you have to be sure you have the right one before heading down. And don't bother asking the elevator about it; he'd prefer to talk about his days in the service and the war.

From what I have gathered, I have to collect the parts of the ship's central computer. It seems sabotage by the assistants to the main designer is afoot. As of now, I have both of the computer's eyes, a nose, an ear, and a few fuses. I also just got a robot bartender drunk with something involving a broken TV and a bunch of birds I may have *accidentally* pureed in a high-speed fan.

Oh, and then there is John Cleese...or rather, a bomb voiced by John Cleese. It insults you while you try to solve it. Just remember, folks, nobody likes a smart ass.
Xeogred
Next-Gen

Post by Xeogred »

PartridgeSenpai wrote:About to finish Fist of the North Star: Lost Paradise's main story, it would seem. The final chapter really snuck up on me, tbh. Like, if I hadn't been muckin' around hunting for side-stuff to do SO much, I probably could've gotten through the main story in less than 10 hours. Some chapters are literally just one boss fight. This has been a very odd Yakuza spin-off, but not really an all bad one. It does seem like there have been sacrifices narratively for the sake of incorporating FotNS's universe as a compelling story surrounding one city location, but the combat is freaking AWESOME, so the game is certainly mechanically compelling where it counts. I haven't even found HALF the side missions yet though, so I gotta imagine there's a fair amount of content post chapter 10.

As awesome as Lost Paradise looks (and I'm a fan of the original anime), I might have to hold off on this one for awhile. After playing through four Yakuza games in the span of just this year and last... I need a serious break from these games. :lol:

I'm mainly playing Soul Calibur 6 and Xenoblade 2 Torna lately. I thought Xenoblade had some fans here but I've seen nobody talk about Torna, which might have the best combat in the entire Xeno-verse. They finally perfected the gameplay with this one. God tier OST too. I might even 100% this one, which will probably only run me about ~40 hours most I'd think. I kind of like how this one is a bit more bite sized... compared to the others at least.

I still haven't played X and have a feeling it might be hard to go back to after 2 and Torna.