What are you playing?

Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
POOPIESkillz
8-bit

Re: What are you playing?

Post by POOPIESkillz »

I'm currently playing Dragon Quest Builders on PS4. I have DQB2 but I really want to beat the first one first. I put SO MUCH time into building and not a lot into the story mode's progression itself. I need to resist the urge to build totally awesome structures for now and complete the story. On a side note, I really regret not buying the physical Asian English version for Vita when I had the chance.
I didn't know what to put for my signature, so I got you this box.
Markies
Next-Gen

Post by Markies »

I started Puzzle Quest on the Sony Playstation 2 this evening.

The game is a port from the DS/PSP versions that were released earlier that year. They did a little to upgrade to the console version, but not much. It still feels like it has touch controls and the text is incredibly tiny to read.

However, the game is a very interesting twist. It is basically bejeweled mixed with Magic: The Gathering and Final Fantasy Tactics. I've always loved little Flash games as they are perfect time wasters. Throw in some mana and attack along with battles, experience and gold and you have a recipe for a good little game.

The computer cheats and the game can get repetitive rather quickly, but for what it is, the game is surprisingly well. I quickly got sucked into it and it was time to stop before I knew it.
PartridgeSenpai
Next-Gen

Post by PartridgeSenpai »

I've been playin Sutte Hakkun for the last week or so. It's a really fun puzzle game that uses its mechanics in really interesting ways. At times the level set-ups use half-widths in such a way that it almost feels like something out of a ROM hack or a Mario Maker-style thing rather than an official product :lol:

I'm 75 levels in out of 100 and just unlocked world 10, so all the levels are now available for me to play. I seriously doubt I'm gonna be able to figure out ALL the puzzles on my own, and will probably end up at least looking up a play strategy or two online if not a couple outright level solutions before I see the credits XP. Either way, it's been a very fun off-game in between RPGs and platformers that I can play on my Wii U VC ^w^
I identify everyone via avatar, so if you change your avatar, I genuinely might completely forget who you are. -- Me
BoneSnapDeez
Next-Gen

Post by BoneSnapDeez »

noiseredux wrote:I never cared much for Joust. I think Balloon Fight is the way to go.

Have you played Balloon Kid??

I always found NES Joust pretty fun. I think it's cool that HAL brought a few old Western arcade titles to the Fami/NES.
PartridgeSenpai
Next-Gen

Post by PartridgeSenpai »

In addition to Sutte Hakkun, I've been playing Wario's Woods as a de-stress puzzle game. I got to level 92 last night, although I'll admit I definitely would've game over'd on level 88 if I hadn't been resetting the level with save states to effectively have infinite lives XP . I'm playing the VC Famicom version, and I thought I didn't remember the ability to hop to the top of the stack of stuff you're carrying was a way easier bit to control than simultaneously pressing A and B (which is so sensitive it has mis-read and gotten me killed or nearly killed more than once XP), and I was right! A look at The Cutting Room Floor proves my memory right, and that was a command bound to Up on the D-pad for the NES and SNES ports, so I am actually playing a needlessly harder version. Great XP
I identify everyone via avatar, so if you change your avatar, I genuinely might completely forget who you are. -- Me
pook99
128-bit

Post by pook99 »

Just started dead effect on PC, its a pretty fun space zombie shooter, I'm enjoying it so far.

I probably will start electronic super joy 2 at some point soon given that it was just released and its free and I also have this strange urge to play donald duck going quackers on ps1, which I have never played before.
Gunstar Green
Next-Gen

Post by Gunstar Green »

Took a break from sports games to play my much anticipated Rebel Galaxy Outlaw. I haven't really advanced the story yet so I can't speak much on that but the rest of the game is extremely similar to Wing Commander: Privateer. From the art and world design to the ships and even the sleazy guy who sells them to you. The upgrades and grindy gameplay loop are all lovingly transcribed into a modern game, warts and all. On one hand that's great and more modern gamers can experience what Privateer was all about, on the other hand the fanservice is a bit much in spots. There are some places where it's improved of course, every station and planet is pretty distinct and there's more to do out in the universe than just complete missions.

The biggest and most interesting difference is the controls, or rather, your options for them. The default setting has flight and aiming assist as well as the option for third person mode which makes the game feel a lot more like Freespace. You also start out with more equipment. The final setting is "old-school mode" which plays straight up like Privateer did in the 90's, no third person camera, no assists and you don't even start with the bare essentials for survival. If you want a fun and casual space game then the easier options are great but if you're familiar with old-school space games like Wing Commander or TIE Fighter you'll probably want to play on that setting as it gives you a more challenging experience that mirrors how those games play.

It works great with a controller and that's the way it's intended to be played so so the flight model isn't very realistic, but it wasn't for the game it's emulating either. I've got a new ship now so I'm going to start braving some story missions soon.
prfsnl_gmr
Next-Gen

Post by prfsnl_gmr »

pook99 wrote:Just started dead effect on PC, its a pretty fun space zombie shooter, I'm enjoying it so far.

I probably will start electronic super joy 2 at some point soon given that it was just released and its free and I also have this strange urge to play donald duck going quackers on ps1, which I have never played before.

There’s a sequel to Electronic Super Joy?! I love that game, and I exercise to the soundtrack. I am pumped... :D
ElkinFencer10
Next-Gen

Post by ElkinFencer10 »

Having been inspired by finishing Fire Emblem: Three Houses (that review is coming if I ever get the time or energy), I started playing Fire Emblem: New Mystery of the Emblem. I have been quite spoiled the more forgiving newer games because wow, I keep underestimating the enemies in this game.
Exhuminator wrote:Ecchi lords must unite for great justice.

pook99
128-bit

Post by pook99 »

prfsnl_gmr wrote:
pook99 wrote:Just started dead effect on PC, its a pretty fun space zombie shooter, I'm enjoying it so far.

There’s a sequel to Electronic Super Joy?! I love that game, and I exercise to the soundtrack. I am pumped... :D

yup, and its free, so there is no reason not to play it.