What are you playing?

Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
PartridgeSenpai
Next-Gen

Re: What are you playing?

Post by PartridgeSenpai »

Tales is one of my favorite series for practicing Japanese in! Precisely because of how you mention that the whole story is always VA'd. It really helps get around not knowing how to pronounce certain kanji. I really like playing the Yakuza games to practice my Japanese for the same reason ^w^

-----

I started God of War on PS4 at a friend's house today. I'm really enjoying it! It's certainly very different from the old ones, but I never really liked the old ones (anything about them, really Xp), so that doesn't really bother me :P . At the same time, I do have a friend who really liked the old ones and is quite disappointed that the new one is such a different game to those, so I can't help but feel for him.
I identify everyone via avatar, so if you change your avatar, I genuinely might completely forget who you are. -- Me
TSchwa

Post by TSchwa »

I play several games at the same time usually. However, there are some things that I play all the time, like Lineade 2 Classic. Play it now to take a break from Hitman, decided to challenge myself and complete all the missions (or rmost of them) with a screwdriver or a knife haha.
Kowalski
8-bit

Post by Kowalski »

TSchwa wrote:I play several games at the same time usually. However, there are some things that I play all the time, like Lineade 2 Classic. Play it now to take a break from Hitman, decided to challenge myself and complete all the missions (or rmost of them) with a screwdriver or a knife haha.

Lineage Classic is an MMO, that's a common thing for MMO games :)
ayumarcan
8-bit

Post by ayumarcan »

TSchwa wrote:I play several games at the same time usually. However, there are some things that I play all the time, like Lineade 2 Classic. Play it now to take a break from Hitman, decided to challenge myself and complete all the missions (or rmost of them) with a screwdriver or a knife haha.

That's a tough thing to do in Hitman! But Lineage 2 Classic is a realy nice way to relax, this is what I got as my first impressions of this game
Last edited by ayumarcan on Tue Jan 15, 2019 5:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ack

Post by Ack »

I'm playing a mix of stuff right now:

Ziggurat - a roguelike FPS that requires multiple playthroughs to get the full experience.
Inquisitor - a 100+ hour action RPG that is challenging and dark.
Wolfenstein 3D: The Ultimate Challenge - the last of the Wolf 3D expansions, though not much has changed from the previous expansion. It feels like a rehash, and I'll be happy to finish it.
isiolia
Next-Gen

Post by isiolia »

pook99 wrote:Currently playing God of War on PS4 again, in the past I could not get into the game at all but decided to give it another go and I am really enjoying it.

I got so far as popping the disc in my PS4 Pro so it'd install. :lol:

Then I went back to playing FFXI (finished 99 Daurdabla on one of my alts, for those who know what that is...both of you...).

Actually, I did finishing Shadow of the Tomb Raider over the weekend too, which was great for fans of the previous two like it.
YoshiEgg25
Next-Gen

Post by YoshiEgg25 »

I've been playing a lot of Picross 3D: Round 2, Rocket League, and chess lately. Also some Yooka-Laylee and Overwatch.

I got Pokémon: Let's Go Pikachu for Christmas, so that needs to be played. Also going to try to get my speedruns of Backyard Baseball and Rainbow Six (N64) going again.

Wish I had the time for games that I used to.
Gaming accomplishments:
Nibbler (marathon): 251,169,160 / Nibbler (one life): 5,263,360 (WR)
Donkey Kong: 423,100 [L12-1] (150th place as of 2019-01-15)
Super Smash Bros. (N64): Ranked top 5 in Wisconsin from Q1 2016 to Q2 2017
Shrek SuperSlam: won largest tournament in game's history (Shrekfest 2018)

Speedrun.com Profile (contains multiple WRs)
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

YoshiEgg25 wrote:I've been playing a lot of Picross 3D: Round 2, Rocket League, and chess lately. Also some Yooka-Laylee and Overwatch.

I got Pokémon: Let's Go Pikachu for Christmas, so that needs to be played. Also going to try to get my speedruns of Backyard Baseball and Rainbow Six (N64) going again.

good to see you, bud!
TSchwa

Post by TSchwa »

ayumarcan wrote:

That's a tough thing to do in Hitman! But Lineage 2 Classic is a realy nice way to relax, this is what I got as my first impressions of this game

Well, it is! But you have to make sure you don't get sucked into the grindeo too much. I've just turned my grilled cheese into a burned one because of that. Not blaming the game tho, I've just gotten distracted.
YoshiEgg25
Next-Gen

Post by YoshiEgg25 »

noiseredux wrote:
YoshiEgg25 wrote:I've been playing a lot of Picross 3D: Round 2, Rocket League, and chess lately. Also some Yooka-Laylee and Overwatch.

good to see you, bud!

Hey noise! Good to see you too! Maybe I'll stick around for more than two days at a time at some point...
Gaming accomplishments:
Nibbler (marathon): 251,169,160 / Nibbler (one life): 5,263,360 (WR)
Donkey Kong: 423,100 [L12-1] (150th place as of 2019-01-15)
Super Smash Bros. (N64): Ranked top 5 in Wisconsin from Q1 2016 to Q2 2017
Shrek SuperSlam: won largest tournament in game's history (Shrekfest 2018)

Speedrun.com Profile (contains multiple WRs)