What are you playing?

Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
pierrot
Next-Gen

Re: What are you playing?

Post by pierrot »

marurun wrote:Look, man, this story will never sell unless there’s a princess, or at least some romantic companion. Could there just maybe be a princess at the end and they neck a little before the credits roll?

Nope, no can do. Okay, but how about a compromise. What if, at the end, there's almost a full two minutes of inspirational poetry from Rasputin, praising your achievements? Hold on, wait, I'm really serious about this--.
Oh, also, your character dies.
PretentiousHipster
Next-Gen

Post by PretentiousHipster »

Twilight Princess definitely picked up at the Goron mines. The way they gave a standard item (iron boots) a fresh twist was really impressive, and I always thought climbing the walls and ceilings with it looked so cool. Like the first dungeon, the boss was definitely the highlight. It had the same eye weak point trope, but instead of just using the item you required you had multiple steps requiring multiple items to defeat him. Again, this made it feel fresh.

I will have to slow down with Zelda though. Beat 2 games recently, and am playing 4 at once now. Kind of overloaded with them. I guess I'll just play one of them for 1-2 hours a day until my peaked interest in them returns. That will hopefully happen after playing some different games.
dogman91
128-bit

Post by dogman91 »

Just finished Tomb Raider on PS1, and I'm now playing Super Mario Land on Game Boy. Dang this is quite the simple and short Mario game.... I already beat it and I just started it lol. I'm doing the "expert mode" now. Fun for what it is I suppose... ultra catchy music too.

I hated Tomb Raider when I first starting playing it TBH; it just felt really archaic going back in terms of wrestling with the controls. By the time I got to the end though, I ended up loving the game. The exploration and foreboding atmosphere is fantastic IMO.
PretentiousHipster
Next-Gen

Started a new fantastic game today called Moonstone: A Hard Days Knight. I know it's a meme, but it really is the Demon's Souls of the early 90s.

Langelinette

Post by Langelinette »

Currently I'm playing Pokemon and super smash bros ultimate.

The training to become a master will be long :)
pierrot
Next-Gen

Post by pierrot »

Langelinette wrote:Currently I'm playing Pokemon

Which one?
PretentiousHipster
Next-Gen

Is there any point playing Map 2 of BS Legend of Zelda? I feel like it might overstay its welcome since I assume the only difference is the location of stuff, and maybe different dungeon layouts.
prfsnl_gmr
Next-Gen

Post by prfsnl_gmr »

PretentiousHipster wrote:Is there any point playing Map 2 of BS Legend of Zelda? I feel like it might overstay its welcome since I assume the only difference is the location of stuff, and maybe different dungeon layouts.

Yeah. It’s basically a second quest. I played both, but it’s really more of the same.
PretentiousHipster
Next-Gen

prfsnl_gmr wrote:
PretentiousHipster wrote:Is there any point playing Map 2 of BS Legend of Zelda? I feel like it might overstay its welcome since I assume the only difference is the location of stuff, and maybe different dungeon layouts.

Yeah. It’s basically a second quest. I played both, but it’s really more of the same.

Sounds good. I'll play it but after a few weeks so it won't feel too repetitive.
PretentiousHipster
Next-Gen

Started Tiger Woods PGA Tour 2004, and it's actually kind of awesome. The controls are in-depth, yet accessible. I was impressed with how fluid they still are. Putting and chipping definitely has a learning curve though. It's also so much of a product of its time. When you do a good shot they try to make it cinematic, or even epic, and it just looks so funny now. The intro has DMX ffs.