What are you playing?

Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
Segata
Next-Gen

Re: What are you playing?

Post by Segata »

TMNT IV SNES.

Not played the game since I was a kid in Arcades. I missed this game so much! Seems pretty faithful from what I remember so far. Shame TMNT video games peaked here. I hope Platinum gets another shot with their A team and no Activision.
funk_Farmer
8-bit

Post by funk_Farmer »

Started playing NBA Hang Time with my son. We both made characters with wolf heads and started jamming. Great game. Seems like everyone always talks about NBA Jam but not a whole lot of mention of Hang Time. Playing the Genesis version. Awesome music. I remember my friend got a version of it on pc. It had a lot better graphics and more heads for create a character. Good Times.
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

Railway Empire

I fear this one will slip under most radars.

It feels a little confusing to start, but playing through the campaign helps as it feels like a huge tutorial in a way. I'm a couple of hours into it, and eventually I'll prob quit the campaign and just relax with free mode as that tends to be how I most enjoy this sort of game.
Erik_Twice
Next-Gen

Post by Erik_Twice »

noiseredux wrote:It feels a little confusing to start, but playing through the campaign helps as it feels like a huge tutorial in a way. I'm a couple of hours into it, and eventually I'll prob quit the campaign and just relax with free mode as that tends to be how I most enjoy this sort of game.

My question is: Does the game snowball? I'm a pretty big fan of economic games but after discovering boardgames, I find it hard to justify most of the titles on the digital side.

--

I've been playing some arcade classics lately:

Donkey Kong: Make no mistake, this is a great game that hasn't aged at all. It's surprisingly hard, too. It reminds me of Ghosts'n Goblins in that most of your deaths come from overconfidence.

Q*Bert: Very fun. I think there's a tendence to dimiss pattern-based games that is a bit unfair. I'm trying to play them a bit more and try to understand them better.
Looking for a cool game? Find it in my blog!
Latest post: Often, games must be difficult
http://eriktwice.com/
BoneSnapDeez
Next-Gen

Post by BoneSnapDeez »

Erik_Twice wrote:most of your deaths come from overconfidence.

"I can get up that ladder before the barrel comes rolling down my way!"

No. No, I can't.
marurun

Post by marurun »

You just don't want it bad enough! If you REALLY wanted it you would have made it!
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
Segata
Next-Gen

Post by Segata »

Transformers Devastation.
Fragems
Next-Gen

Post by Fragems »

Just picked up the Sims 4 for the PS4 the other day. Been a while since I played a sims game since I lost a 20+ hour session on the Sims 3 due to save corruption last time I got into it on PC. Was hoping things would go better on the console especially since it's been out for a while, but this is EA we are talking about :lol: . So anyways started it up and sunk about 4 hours into it with only a few minor freeze ups when swapping between menus usually took it 4-5 seconds to load a page which was annoying but okay. Then it happened, I was in the phone menu and the game completely froze PS4 was fine and the game didn't crash but after 10 minutes it was still stuck there. So after trying everything I restarted the application figuring I only lost an hour or so hopefully since you would think there would be some form of auto save. So I booted up and was relieved to see my sim was still there so I loaded in and..... 4 hours of progress down the shitter. The only autosave that occurred was when I created my character :P so literally 2+ weeks of time, multiple job promotions, and etc. don't trigger a save wtf.

Seems like reports online also mention the game freezing when you go to the save menu on occasion so I'm not sure if I even want to bother starting again if I have to worry about loosing progress every time I try to open a menu :lol: . Man would I be pissed if I had paid full price for this game even at $23 on sale it feels like I got ripped off so thanks once again EA for releasing another half baked product onto the market :P.
Segata
Next-Gen

Post by Segata »

Secret of Mana Remake. I never played the original so this is all new to me. The one thing I did do is change the voices to Japanese as the English VA is bad. I changed the music to SNES as the new music is meh. Only like 25 minutes in so can't judge the game itself yet. First impression is it has charm but a little odd.
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

I finished the first chapter of Railway Empire and have started on the second. I'll be honest, this game can feel daunting as F. Even hours in there's some basics that I'm still confused by. But it is still enjoyable. And it looks great. I'm not sure if I'll play the entire campaign or not. I don't think it's incredibly long - there's five chapters, and the first took me about two hours (which included a lot of learning curve stuff). But really I'm playing the campaign to learn how things work. Ultimately a game like this is one that I tend to enjoy the sandbox mode a lot more as it becomes just a relaxing zen garden for me.