Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
Markies
Next-Gen

Re: What are you playing?

by Markies Mon May 28, 2018 5:56 pm

I started Secret of Evermore this afternoon.

I played a little of the game before and I have beaten Secret of Mana before, so I knew what I was getting into. Like Mana, I wish the hit detection was a little bit better and the game so far is rather dark, so it is hard to figure out where to go.

But, I enjoyed myself while playing the game. The alchemy system is really unique and I like that items are basically everywhere, so you never feel like you are going to run out. Having only three weapons makes the game a bit more simpler and lets you concentrate on the best weapon at a single time. Also, having a dog as a party member is cute and it also simplifies from Mana as well.

I am not completely wowed yet, but I am enjoying myself, so I am fine with that.
BogusMeatFactory
Next-Gen

by BogusMeatFactory Mon May 28, 2018 6:55 pm

It's been two months and I am still playing exclusively Sea of Thieves. I have never played a game for this long with little to no diversions. It is still the most fun I have ever had in any video game, but I do understand how it isn't for everyone.

I take great pleasure in playing with random players, showing new ones the ropes and showing veterans new ways to do things. It is absolutely a, "Think outside the box," type of game, but for me there is nothing better than socializing and engaging in crazy, self-encapsulated adventures driven by my own imagination.

Tomorrow starts the first in a series of big content updates that involve new item types, the signal flags and sounding trumpet, as well as a new musical instrument, the drums, tons of new cosmetics and a limited-run event with a new boss fight and quest line with tgeir own unique rewards. I couldn't be more excited to summon and destroy the new boss, the megashark!!
Ack wrote:I don't know, chief, the haunting feeling of lust I feel whenever I look at your avatar makes me think it's real.

-I am the idiot that likes to have fun and be happy.
BoneSnapDeez
Next-Gen

by BoneSnapDeez Mon May 28, 2018 7:17 pm

Markies wrote:I started Secret of Evermore this afternoon.

I played a little of the game before and I have beaten Secret of Mana before, so I knew what I was getting into. Like Mana, I wish the hit detection was a little bit better and the game so far is rather dark, so it is hard to figure out where to go.

But, I enjoyed myself while playing the game. The alchemy system is really unique and I like that items are basically everywhere, so you never feel like you are going to run out. Having only three weapons makes the game a bit more simpler and lets you concentrate on the best weapon at a single time. Also, having a dog as a party member is cute and it also simplifies from Mana as well.

I am not completely wowed yet, but I am enjoying myself, so I am fine with that.

High IQ game. Fantastic worlds to explore and unparalleled ambiance. I approve.
Segata
Next-Gen

by Segata Tue May 29, 2018 1:01 pm

Ikaruga-NSW
BoneSnapDeez
Next-Gen

by BoneSnapDeez Sun Jun 03, 2018 1:03 pm

This game kicks so much ass.

Best of '78? It certainly is a contender.
PartridgeSenpai
Next-Gen

by PartridgeSenpai Mon Jun 04, 2018 8:21 am

I really liked Ghirahim in Hyrule Warriors, so I set about trying once again to beat Skyward Sword the other day. I forgot he isn't actually much like that in the original game, but I'm about to start the 3rd flame dungeon (so the 6th dungeon, I guess), and last time I played this six years ago, I had gotten about to the 3rd trial, I think.

I'm definitely looking like I'm actually gonna finish it this time, but I gotta say my opinions from the previous time I played it are slowly being reaffirmed one-by-one. I'll save most of the specifics on here for my review, but I'll leave it at saying that this is still obviously an entry you shouldn't touch with a ten-foot pole if you're at all annoyed by motion controls :lol:
I identify everyone via avatar, so if you change your avatar, I genuinely might completely forget who you are. -- Me
PartridgeSenpai
Next-Gen

by PartridgeSenpai Tue Jun 05, 2018 10:35 pm

I got my PSTV hooked up to my Japanese PSN account and bought some PSN credits on Play-Asia and FINALLY got myself playing the PSP version of Tales of Phantasia on a TV!
I'm only like an hour in (just got Mint), which is about where I got to on the GBA version before I stopped and started planning to play this version, but I've noticed some stuff is different already. Some items where there weren't before, as well as some extra dialogue scenes. For example:
When Cress' uncle Orson turns him into those knight guys to get him arrested and Cress is led away, they added more to that scene where one of the knights comes back and kills Orson for no reason other than that can, apparently.

Also, apparently they spell his name "Cless" in Japanese, because that's what the English reads as in the intro to the game when it's crediting who voices which character :lol:
I identify everyone via avatar, so if you change your avatar, I genuinely might completely forget who you are. -- Me
ESauced
64-bit

by ESauced Wed Jun 06, 2018 9:57 am

Finally had the chance to start Curse of the Moon. I got to level 6 last night and I am thoroughly impressed. I’m finding the game to have a lot of variety in the level and boss design, and the challenge is just right on normal mode. I’ll definitely do multiple play-throughs of this.
laurenhiya21
Next-Gen

by laurenhiya21 Fri Jun 08, 2018 2:27 am

So maybe I'm doing something very wrong, but I recently started up a new game of Xenoblade Chronicles and it's kicking my butt?? Not sure if I have to do a bunch of grinding (bleghh) or what, but I'm not very far in the game and I'm having the hardest time getting past some mandatory spider guys.

It's especially baffling to me since I have gotten way farther than this before in another playthrough (the old save is at Eryth Sea) and I don't remember having this much trouble so early.
alienjesus
Next-Gen

by alienjesus Fri Jun 08, 2018 4:30 am

laurenhiya21 wrote:So maybe I'm doing something very wrong, but I recently started up a new game of Xenoblade Chronicles and it's kicking my butt?? Not sure if I have to do a bunch of grinding (bleghh) or what, but I'm not very far in the game and I'm having the hardest time getting past some mandatory spider guys.

It's especially baffling to me since I have gotten way farther than this before in another playthrough (the old save is at Eryth Sea) and I don't remember having this much trouble so early.

Xenoblade is a game where being a couple of levels lower than the enemies has some big repurcussions as it makes your attacks miss much more. If the enemies are higher level than you, I recommend doing a few sidequests around Colony 6 until you're evenly matched with them.

Sidequests give exp in Xenoblade and are much faster for levelling up than just killing bunnits for all time.
Return to General Gaming