What are you playing?

Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
Syndicate
32-bit

Re: What are you playing?

Post by Syndicate »

...taking a break from the longer stuff again and working my way through all of the non-X Mega Man games. I'm currently sort of stuck on 8, those snowboard levels are annoying, but I think I can finish up to 11 w/in the next two weeks. Then it's back to Hollow Knight and ACIII, hopefully finally finishing these two.
Note
Next-Gen

Post by Note »

I also took a break from any longer games, but am starting to get the itch to begin another RPG. Anyway, I've been playing these titles recently ...

Panzer Dragoon (SS) - Just purchased this game a month ago and have been playing it regularly the past few weeks. I was having trouble getting through Episode 4, but more recently have been able to get past that level and even made it to the Final Episode on one occasion, but couldn't beat the final boss. Tough game, but I'm having fun with it, and hopefully I can finish it.

Mega Man X (SNES) - This is also a new game for me. I finished the mavericks and am up to the first Sigma stage, but was having trouble defeating the spider boss. I'm gonna give it another go this weekend.
stickem
Next-Gen

Post by stickem »

I've been wanting to add streets of rage 3 to the collection to complete the series but always heard negative stuff towards that version. Found a nice repro bare knuckle 3 on the bay. It actually looks like a legit copy, everything from the case, manuel, and cart. Real happy with that, and the price. The gameplay itself I find fun and similar enough to 2. The soundtrack on the other hand just confuses me. Most are horrible and just don't seem to fit the type of game I'm playing so 1 and 2 are ahead there. Overall pretty good though, only played a couple times to round 5 so far.
Markies
Next-Gen

Post by Markies »

I did the same as you.

The differences between the NA Streets of Rage 3 and the JP Bare Knuckle 3 is utterly insane.

It's my least favorite in the series, but at least the Japanese version is playable. But, yes, the soundtrack is really bad as well. It's an interesting experiment, but not something I enjoy going back to.
PartridgeSenpai
Next-Gen

Post by PartridgeSenpai »

I've been playing Super Mario Picross on the Switch Online service! It's a great little picross game, but it's a big weird not having QoL features of more recent games.

I've also started playing Battle Stadium D.O.N. again, since I found it for cheap and I wanna stream it sometime. It's just as fun as I remember, and now that I've watched a bit more One Piece since then, I can appreciate the attention to detail with the fan service way better ^w^
I identify everyone via avatar, so if you change your avatar, I genuinely might completely forget who you are. -- Me
TheSSNintendo
128-bit

Post by TheSSNintendo »

Xenoblade Chronicles: Definitive Edition for the Switch. Pretty much close to the end. Once I finish that, I'm gonna take a brief RPG break and play some New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe before I start Trials of Mana.
PretentiousHipster
Next-Gen

Post by PretentiousHipster »

Note to self. Do not play Gabriel Knight while forgetting to take your mental health meds for more than a day. Woke up in the middle of the night just now with an ultra terrifying experience.
opa
128-bit

Post by opa »

LotR Two Towers on PS2.

I hit a wall at helms deep (no pun intended). The entire game up til this point has been a mostly average hack-n-slash. When I got to helms deep they've started throwing waves of enemies at me. The combat kinda sucks too so I don't really feel like pulling off combos works all that well.
PretentiousHipster
Next-Gen

Post by PretentiousHipster »

I'm going through a streak of bad Zelda games and it's stressing me out. The cookie trail in Faces of Evil is draining in the worst way possible, especially collecting all the snowballs and fireballs (which you need snowballs to get in the first place). Twilight Picross is fun, but I'm in the advanced mode now and it really hurts my brain. Triforce Heroes might honestly be Faces of Evil level bad. It just feels like a really poorly done mobile game.

The amount of grinding you have to do to get more materials for more outfits is ludicrous. I wouldn't even call it grinding since it's repeating entire levels, just for the CHANCE to get the materials required. At the end of them you have 3 chests to choose from, 2 common items, and one rare. See? You can already see how annoying it is. At the very least they have a store where you can buy some of the materials for rupees. On top of that, you have a store where you can open one chest a day for free. Go there 4 days in a row, and you are guaranteed a piece of treasure. I'm honestly so shocked that you don't have to wait like 24 hours for an outfit to be made, energy needed to complete the levels that recharges over time, and premium currency to buy the fancier material. I'm honestly quite shocked they didn't do this route on the mobile since it would make them more money.

EDIT: After playing it a bit more, Triforce Heroes might actually be the worst Zelda game.
pook99
128-bit

Post by pook99 »

Been on a fighting game kick lately so I have been playing a little super street fighter, some tmnt tournament fighters(snes), and tuff e nuff. I plan on messing around a bit with SVC chaos when I get home later since I finally have a working xbox again.