What are you playing?

Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
ElkinFencer10
Next-Gen

Re: What are you playing?

Post by ElkinFencer10 »

PresidentLeever wrote:
ElkinFencer10 wrote:Okay, so Ys IV didn't happen - I can't make the fucking file mount to a virtual CD drive, and when I try to burn a disc, it won't burn quite right (audio distortions and eventual freezing) - but I did manage to beat Galaxy on Fire 2 tonight, and I'm hoping to finish Valkryie Drive tomorrow.

Try Retroarch with its bios pack, worked for me after having the same problem.

I got it to work on Turbo Engine, but I downloaded RetroArch anyway since it seems like a pretty convenient thing.
Exhuminator wrote:Ecchi lords must unite for great justice.

ESauced
64-bit

Post by ESauced »

Been playing Mario and Rabbids Kingdom Battle. Man this game is really well done. The gameplay is fun and the writing is actually kind of funny. Of Nintendo games, only Paper Mario Color Splash has been funnier in my opinion. Like Color Splash, nothing is laugh out loud funny, but there are a lot of cute jokes that make you smile, especially just details in the background. I really liked the two Rabbids that are dueling in the second world.

The only strategy games I’ve really played before this one are the Advance Wars games but I’m finding that the game so far isn’t overly difficult at all. I haven’t had any difficulties in the first world or the first half of the second world and I’m fine if it keeps getting harder. I was a little worried I’d be put off by the difficulty as I’ve read it’s surprisingly hard and like I said, my strategy game experience is minimal. I am enjoying the mechanics so far, except I wish you got a few more coins. It’s hard to use all the characters if you only have enough coins to buy upgraded guns for any 3 at a time. I know I could replay levels for more but I don’t want to and I’d rather they just provided a few more on the first play through.
ElkinFencer10
Next-Gen

Post by ElkinFencer10 »

Had to restart Final Fantasy Legend since my cart battery died. Not the end of the world since it's not a SUPER long game, and I remember my way through the dungeons in the first half of the game, but it's still a bummer. I'm using the Retron 5 and save states this time (I was using the Gamecube's GB player before).

Erik_Twice
Next-Gen

Post by Erik_Twice »

I'm trying out Descent II and wow, this is a great game! It takes some time to get used to it and I'm certain my joystick doesn't work correctly but it's fun, I'm using joystick for throttle/sideways movement, mouse for aiming which feels right but seems worse than using two joysticks (The game doesn't have mouselook). I expected it to be more Doom-like but it actually has a completely different feel and is designed very differently.

The best thing about this, however, is not the game. Is the fact that I've been gaming "seriously" again. I played for about an hour, hour and a half and it was more fun, more interesting and more fulfilling than hours of browsing the internet or checking up the first 5 minutes of games for five hours. I'm very glad to be playing this way.
Looking for a cool game? Find it in my blog!
Latest post: Often, games must be difficult
http://eriktwice.com/
BoneSnapDeez
Next-Gen

Post by BoneSnapDeez »

@Elkin

It's so demoralizing when that happens. You've heard my tale of woe. I can't be arsed to (re)start Adventure again, at least not for a couple of weeks/months.

I actually packed up my Retron 5 today. I had it and the Retro Freak hooked up for about a year now. It was a little excessive. Now I have space under my TV to get a Xbox One X!!!!!!!
Melek-Ric
32-bit

Post by Melek-Ric »

noiseredux wrote:In Enemy Within I always feel like satellites is priority one while taking a beaten in the early game.

Yeah for sure.

I ended up getting an "A" grade for April even though Russia left the project. I'm halfway thru May and it's amazing how much laser rifles and vests make a difference on missions. I'm skipping Carapace armor for Skeleton; It should be available after my current mission. I just need to build my thermo plant, launch a couple more satellites, and interrogate aliens. It's too bad Brazil left the project so early. "We Have Ways..." would have really helped out. Also the game refuses to give me another Assault. I have only had ONE since the beginning. (Nicknamed him "Deadman" cuz he's had so many near-misses, I can't believe he's not dead!) I need to buy the squadie OTS upgrade soon. I know the next couple months are going to get tough when the aliens start becoming better armed and aggressive. I still cannot believe I've made it this far on Impossible.
"Challenging my unit was both foolish and reckless! You are nothing more than my prey... one that is soon to be retired!"
ElkinFencer10
Next-Gen

Post by ElkinFencer10 »

BoneSnapDeez wrote:@Elkin

It's so demoralizing when that happens. You've heard my tale of woe. I can't be arsed to (re)start Adventure again, at least not for a couple of weeks/months.

I actually packed up my Retron 5 today. I had it and the Retro Freak hooked up for about a year now. It was a little excessive. Now I have space under my TV to get a Xbox One X!!!!!!!

I love my One X. I've been playing Legend most of the day since about 11 or noon. Using a Genesis controller is nice because I just set fast forward to the C button and that's saved me a good bit of time when money grinding.

porynog
8-bit

Post by porynog »

Recently I (finally) came into a copy of the first Lufia on SNES and holy moly it's a fantastic game. It's honestly in the running for my favorite SNES RPG, haha
Game collection: http://www.backloggery.com/porynog (still a wip)
BoneSnapDeez
Next-Gen

Post by BoneSnapDeez »

Oh man, how many have you played? Wait until you get a load of Chrono Trigger, FFVI, and hell, Lufia II.

I love Lufia, but I'd definitely call it a "B-list" SNES JRPG, all things considered. At about the same level as the first Breath of Fire.
Segata
Next-Gen

Post by Segata »

BoneSnapDeez wrote:Oh man, how many have you played? Wait until you get a load of Chrono Trigger, FFVI, and hell, Lufia II.

I love Lufia, but I'd definitely call it a "B-list" SNES JRPG, all things considered. At about the same level as the first Breath of Fire.

Best/Better and personal preference do not always line up.