What are you playing?

Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
PartridgeSenpai
Next-Gen

Re: What are you playing?

Post by PartridgeSenpai »

I was checking out Hokuto Ga Gotoku (Fist of the North Star X Yakuza) a little and the premium edition has already proved itself worthy of the higher price I paid for it. Not only does it let you replace Kenshirou with Kiryu Kazuma, they even got Kiryu's voice actor to voice all the lines as well! (I'm pretty sure, it sounds a lot like him at least). Absolutely worth the price of admission to see him beating up all these dystopian punks :lol:
I identify everyone via avatar, so if you change your avatar, I genuinely might completely forget who you are. -- Me
Xeogred
Next-Gen

Post by Xeogred »

PartridgeSenpai wrote:I was checking out Hokuto Ga Gotoku (Fist of the North Star X Yakuza) a little and the premium edition has already proved itself worthy of the higher price I paid for it. Not only does it let you replace Kenshirou with Kiryu Kazuma, they even got Kiryu's voice actor to voice all the lines as well! (I'm pretty sure, it sounds a lot like him at least). Absolutely worth the price of admission to see him beating up all these dystopian punks :lol:

I actually think Kiryu's VA just voices Kenshiro himself too here. I can see that fitting... but nobody will ever be better than Akira Kamiya.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-kPII561-GY

I'm definitely tempted to import this game myself. I'll be excited to see your thoughts on it.

I might grab Yakuza 5 before Kiwami 2 drops. I saw the price for 5 is now $30 on PSN. The last two I need to play!
PartridgeSenpai
Next-Gen

Xeogred wrote:
PartridgeSenpai wrote:I was checking out Hokuto Ga Gotoku (Fist of the North Star X Yakuza) a little and the premium edition has already proved itself worthy of the higher price I paid for it. Not only does it let you replace Kenshirou with Kiryu Kazuma, they even got Kiryu's voice actor to voice all the lines as well! (I'm pretty sure, it sounds a lot like him at least). Absolutely worth the price of admission to see him beating up all these dystopian punks :lol:

I actually think Kiryu's VA just voices Kenshiro himself too here. I can see that fitting... but nobody will ever be better than Akira Kamiya.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-kPII561-GY

I'm definitely tempted to import this game myself. I'll be excited to see your thoughts on it.

I might grab Yakuza 5 before Kiwami 2 drops. I saw the price for 5 is now $30 on PSN. The last two I need to play!

I'm honestly not 100% sure. He sounds a lot like I remember him from playing Yakuza 1 and 2 on PS3 a year or so ago, but even if it is his normal VA, he sounds pretty similar to Kenshirou. At any rate, you can't switch between characters/models on the fly. You've gotta go all the way back to the main menu, so it's difficult to do quick comparisons. I shall try to recompare again tomorrow to make sure though. For science! :lol:
I identify everyone via avatar, so if you change your avatar, I genuinely might completely forget who you are. -- Me
Ack

Post by Ack »

Let's see...

Dungeon Hack - My current selection for this month's Together Retro.

SNK vs. Capcom: Match of the Millennium - I have been turning to my NGPC regularly this year, and MotM is what I've been keeping in it for the past month. Unlocking things can take a while, but I am making progress.

Killing Floor 2 - I have been playing this the last two weeks with friends. Every now and again, I will hit this hard and put some serious time into leveling up the few perks I still don't have maxed out. I'm almost through all ten.

Torchlight - I am almost done wrapping this up, but the last achievements to go take some time. Still, every little bit means I am that much closer to the end. I look forward to finishing this once and for all.
alienjesus
Next-Gen

Post by alienjesus »

Markies wrote:
I do have to admit. I am playing on Easy mode. I died on that first boss like 15 times on Normal. I said screw it, restarted and dumbed it down to Easy. When I go back, maybe someday, I will play on Normal.

That first boss is probably the single hardest part of the game. I used an exploit after that to power myself up quite a bit - if you learn how to beat the boss when he chases you in the corridor, he drops like 400 of the item you use to power up. If you then save and restart the chapter, you keep the 400 stuff, but can get it again. I think I used this opportunity to buy a whole bunch of power ups.
Erik_Twice
Next-Gen

Post by Erik_Twice »

I'm playing Pathos: Nethack, a Nethack variant that you can play on your phone. It's actually better than Nethack: Great user interface, more balanced, less annoying bits.

I polymorphed into a Silver Dragon and I don't know if't s a good idea to keep at it.
Looking for a cool game? Find it in my blog!
Latest post: Often, games must be difficult
http://eriktwice.com/
PartridgeSenpai
Next-Gen

@Xeo I found this video, and while it's the only comparison video I could find easily online, it does seem to confirm that they at the very least have different recorded lines if not entirely different VA's doing (at least some) of their lines. I wanna say they didn't get Kiryuu's VA to do all the crazy battle cries that Kenshirou does, but other than that I'm pretty sure he has all his own VA.
pierrot
Next-Gen

Post by pierrot »

It's the same voice actor. Most of the characters in Hokuto ga Gotoku are voiced by voice actors who did Ryu ga Gotoku characters:

https://gamepedia.jp/hokuto-ga-gotoku/archives/25

https://ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/%E9%BB%92%E7%94%B0%E5%B4%87%E7%9F%A2
PartridgeSenpai
Next-Gen

pierrot wrote:It's the same voice actor. Most of the characters in Hokuto ga Gotoku are voiced by voice actors who did Ryu ga Gotoku characters:

https://gamepedia.jp/hokuto-ga-gotoku/archives/25

https://ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/%E9%BB%92%E7%94%B0%E5%B4%87%E7%9F%A2

Ahhhh, well that certainly makes sense. At least he's giving them recognizably different voices though :)
Thank you for the clarification :3
Tiduas
16-bit

Post by Tiduas »

I have just started playing Pokemon Alpha Sapphire which is my first Pokemon game in ages. I have had quite a hard time with Pokemon. Since childhood I played a ton of the first generation and a little of the second one, after that I haven't really touched the games that much. This has mainly been because I have found them to be a little too slow and most of the times too easy as well.

Once again I just wanted to give the series a new chance. While I have tried to mentally prepare myself this time for a slower experience, do you guys have any additional good ways that you approach the games with in order to enjoy the games more? I'm not really into the whole competative scene and aim the enjoy the singleplayer part of this game and hopefully more of them if I'm hooked this time around.
My YouTube channel with a focus on mainly retro and indie titles:
https://www.youtube.com/c/Teedyan