What are you playing?

Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
Syndicate
32-bit

Re: What are you playing?

Post by Syndicate »

...so I'm about 30+ hours into Okami HD and have also been also trying my hand at Hard Corps: Uprising, it's a tough one but still pretty fun. I'll be going through some of the Genesis Mickey and Donald games for the February Together Retro.
pook99
128-bit

Post by pook99 »

Going to start river city girls tonight, finally, really excited to play this game.

Syndicate wrote:...so I'm about 30+ hours into Okami HD and have also been also trying my hand at Hard Corps: Uprising, it's a tough one but still pretty fun. I'll be going through some of the Genesis Mickey and Donald games for the February Together Retro.

Hard corps is definitely hard, but as you play more you can upgrade your health and lives which make it more manageable, also be prepared for the worst final boss in the history of gaming.
stickem
Next-Gen

Post by stickem »

Playing some universal soldier on the genesis. It's turrican/gunlord to a tee, so dam good game so far, especially for a licensed game but produced by the turrican people. Only thing I hate is enemies just hover on you while your life bar drains. No knockback, limited invincibility, or any noise letting you know your getting hit, for that matter. Otherwise, a cheap hidden gem.
prfsnl_gmr
Next-Gen

Post by prfsnl_gmr »

stickem wrote:Playing some universal soldier on the genesis. It's turrican/gunlord to a tee, so dam good game so far, especially for a licensed game but produced by the turrican people. Only thing I hate is enemies just hover on you while your life bar drains. No knockback, limited invincibility, or any noise letting you know your getting hit, for that matter. Otherwise, a cheap hidden gem.

I think Universal Soldier for the Genesis is literally a redlined port of Turrican II, which is sweet. I’m glad to hear you like it, and I need to pick it up soon.
marurun

Post by marurun »

I'm played a bit into Code of Princess EX on the Switch. This game has a hard-on for Guardian Heroes but it isn't quite pulling it off. You walk SO slow, and there are already too many main playable characters. How am I supposed to figure out who to settle on? It's not a bad game, mind you, but I'm already suffering from character selection indecision, the items are all too similar, and I don't have a good feel for the stats. I'm keeping at it, but if anyone has any advice for a healthier way to approach this game I'd appreciate it.
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
stickem
Next-Gen

Post by stickem »

Playing through Nekketsu Oyako. It feels like streets of rage on the saturn. I only have a burned copy but this looks like one I may drop the money on to buy.
PretentiousHipster
Next-Gen

Post by PretentiousHipster »

Bad Day on the Midway. A game that The Residents were involved in. David Lynch was gonna make it but left the project because of scripting issues. The publishers Inscape are mostly known for The Dark Eye, which I did review and didn't mind, but it keeps being called underrated due to it being incredibly depressing and horrifying. That game is NOTHING compared to this. I can only play it in small doses, because it makes me feel like shit lol, but it's still highly recommended.

Played 2 out of the maybe 6 or 7 characters so far.
BoneSnapDeez
Next-Gen

Post by BoneSnapDeez »

marurun wrote:I'm played a bit into Code of Princess EX on the Switch. This game has a hard-on for Guardian Heroes but it isn't quite pulling it off. You walk SO slow, and there are already too many main playable characters. How am I supposed to figure out who to settle on? It's not a bad game, mind you, but I'm already suffering from character selection indecision, the items are all too similar, and I don't have a good feel for the stats. I'm keeping at it, but if anyone has any advice for a healthier way to approach this game I'd appreciate it.

Maybe it's my tendency to power-level but I found that game so incredibly easy. Like, completely devoid of challenge. Some cute character designs. Solid 7/10. I've only played the original, though.

Oh and I never found any compelling reason to play as anyone besides the princess.
marurun

Post by marurun »

BoneSnapDeez wrote:Maybe it's my tendency to power-level but I found that game so incredibly easy. Like, completely devoid of challenge. Some cute character designs. Solid 7/10. I've only played the original, though.

Oh and I never found any compelling reason to play as anyone besides the princess.

Power leveling does help, but it only helps so much in EX. Unlike the original, you can't assign stats at level up and there's no speed stat. My favorite characters are actually Master T. and Sister Hel. I love their move sets. I just can't get over how slow they are and how hard it is to turn those bathtubs around.
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
stickem
Next-Gen

Post by stickem »

snow day for me so i burned seven mansions, a survival horror, translated on the dreamcast. pretty much a resident evil clone done better than a few others i've tried on the dreamcast. A little on the easy side but i'm enjoying it. i think i'm almost done with the guy characters story. You get 2 choices to play. the guy is more of an action game, the girl is more puzzle oriented, but it's tag along on a few parts WITH friendly fire. Shit ton of fetching as well. I think i was on the last section of the game when i accidently shot the girl, killing her and ending my game. anybody burning this, it doesn't support vga mode. threw out a few burns before i realized i need to flip that off.