What are you playing?

Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
SwooshBear
Next-Gen

Re: What are you playing?

Post by SwooshBear »

I got Scribblenauts today and this game is amazing! My favorite DS game so far.
Incognito D wrote:Mere months after buying my original GBA, Nintendo trolled me hard by releasing the SP.

Check me out on twitter: SwooshBear742
barbapapa

Post by barbapapa »

Mole Mania
Oh god this game. <3
Also, Jinbe burn in HELL.
I talk about movies on Letterboxd and on a blog called Back Row.
Ack

Post by Ack »

I have just started playing SaGa Frontier. I played it a bit back around 2001 or so and managed to beat one of the scenarios but got stuck later on because I grinded too much...something that honestly annoys me about the game. It feels like a step backwards. I'm also not a fan of the leveling system...or lack thereof I should say. We'll see if I stick with this one or give up on it.
wip3outguy7
Next-Gen

Post by wip3outguy7 »

Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2
Earth Defense Force: Insect Armageddon
Moon Diver
Xeogred
Next-Gen

Post by Xeogred »

Ack wrote:I have just started playing SaGa Frontier. I played it a bit back around 2001 or so and managed to beat one of the scenarios but got stuck later on because I grinded too much...something that honestly annoys me about the game. It feels like a step backwards. I'm also not a fan of the leveling system...or lack thereof I should say. We'll see if I stick with this one or give up on it.

Funny enough I was talking about that game with another friend recently, the game was apparently headed by the guy who did a lot of the game design for the first two Final Fantasy's, among other titles (Akitoshi Kawazu), and I guess the leveling system is similar to FFII's? From what I heard.

Definitely looks and sounds weird, I'll have to check them out sometime.
swiftzx
Next-Gen

Post by swiftzx »

SwooshBear wrote:I got Scribblenauts today and this game is amazing! My favorite DS game so far.

Wait until you play the sequel, Super Scribblenauts. 10x better imo as they improved the controls, add adjectives, and has a larger vocabulary.

On topic, I restarted my copy of Super Mario 64 ds. Just got Mario.
Sale thread (please buy!): viewtopic.php?f=22&t=19428
Flake

Post by Flake »

I am playing NiGHTS for the Saturn again. It's kinda become my go-to game when things are cruddy and I want to forget about problems for a bit.
Maybe now Nintendo will acknowledge Metroid has a fanbase?
I Feel Asleep!!
64-bit

Post by I Feel Asleep!! »

Final Fantasy 9....Really disappointed in myself for not playing this sooner! Seriously addicting, it seems to take things I like about FF7 and FF8 and combine them into a cool hybrid of the two. What's even cooler for me is that I really never knew much about FF9 until I started playing it here recently for the first time, so I know nothing about the final boss, storyline stuff, etc until I get to it. Awesome possum. Amarant is RIDICULOUSLY powerful early on too. He's already doing 9999 or a little below that attacking normally. :twisted:
Bradtemple87
Next-Gen

Post by Bradtemple87 »

A little Garou and more Progear
MY Sale/Trade Thread
viewtopic.php?f=22&t=27739
Ack

Post by Ack »

I Feel Asleep!! wrote:Final Fantasy 9....Really disappointed in myself for not playing this sooner! Seriously addicting, it seems to take things I like about FF7 and FF8 and combine them into a cool hybrid of the two. What's even cooler for me is that I really never knew much about FF9 until I started playing it here recently for the first time, so I know nothing about the final boss, storyline stuff, etc until I get to it. Awesome possum. Amarant is RIDICULOUSLY powerful early on too. He's already doing 9999 or a little below that attacking normally. :twisted:

I really have trouble getting into this one for some reason. I know it is supposed to be Square harkening back to the good old days(pretty funny considering it was only a few short years after the good old days compared to now, when they could really stand to do it), but every time I try, I make it through the first disc and then quit. I don't know what it is, I just can't stay focused in it.