What are you playing?

Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
PartridgeSenpai
Next-Gen

Re: What are you playing?

Post by PartridgeSenpai »

I started up Tyranny today and just finished Act 1. It's really fun! I'm not even having tooooo much trouble with hard mode (although those will likely be famous last words). Given how much I enjoyed Pillars of Eternity, though, I guess that isn't a surprise X3

I'm really digging the reputation system. Tied together with the whole theme of working for an evil overlord, it really creates an atmosphere of "you can't please everybody, and trying will generally make things worse" that I can't say I've seen in many other games. Looking forward to the next two acts for sure :D
I identify everyone via avatar, so if you change your avatar, I genuinely might completely forget who you are. -- Me
pierrot
Next-Gen

Post by pierrot »

Xeogred wrote:The worst part for me was having to backtrack through the final dungeon from the last save point to get back to the main world map to buy all this stuff, literally takes like 20 minutes both ways.

Did you not use the elevator? It took me about 10 minutes, round-trip.
Ack

Post by Ack »

Well, since I have beaten Might and Magic 5, I figured I would continue on. I've started up Might and Magic VI: The Mandate of Heaven.
Markies
Next-Gen

Post by Markies »

I started The Granstream Saga on the Sony Playstation 1 this afternoon!

I picked this up because of a member passing away on the Backloggery who had several unfinished games on their page. Since she couldn't beat it, I would beat it in her place. It's a game from the people of Quintet who left to make their own company and this is their first foray into 3D Polygonal gaming.

I really like the Anime style cutscenes and the character design is really enjoyable. They are very classic in look and style and I enjoy that appeal very much. The polygonal design on the other end is very pre-FFVII looking. In fact, the characters don't even have faces, which is a bit weird.

The main hook is the combat and I wish that was better. It is incredibly stiff and feels very much like fencing. Also, fights don't drop experience, only random items. So, I've been skipping them sometimes when I can, but many fights are forced upon you.

So far, it's not bad. I think the combat will get better once I get used to it more.
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

I picked up an Xbox One copy of GTA5 because I've sort of been in the mood to just wander aimlessly around Los Santos again. Plus it was on sale for cheap and I had a gift card to burn. The very first thing I did was my favorite thing to do in GTA5: climb Mt. Chiliad.

I'm kinda sorta but maybe not totally interested in GTA Online. I don't really know yet. I don't know if I'll ever go back to the story either. But I really do love just exploring this game randomly.

I HAVE A QUESTION:

For years I've been interested in all the UFO stuff in this game. And I'd like to go off hunting for the various sightings and crash sites and so on. However, some of them require that you have 100%'d the story mode. And I don't really want to do that. Does anyone know if I'd be able to download a 100% save file and be able to access this stuff? If so... where and how would I do such a thing?

(I'm just not sure if there's issues doing that because of achievements or whatever).
Xeogred
Next-Gen

Post by Xeogred »

Markies wrote:I started The Granstream Saga on the Sony Playstation 1 this afternoon!

I picked this up because of a member passing away on the Backloggery who had several unfinished games on their page. Since she couldn't beat it, I would beat it in her place. It's a game from the people of Quintet who left to make their own company and this is their first foray into 3D Polygonal gaming.

I really like the Anime style cutscenes and the character design is really enjoyable. They are very classic in look and style and I enjoy that appeal very much. The polygonal design on the other end is very pre-FFVII looking. In fact, the characters don't even have faces, which is a bit weird.

The main hook is the combat and I wish that was better. It is incredibly stiff and feels very much like fencing. Also, fights don't drop experience, only random items. So, I've been skipping them sometimes when I can, but many fights are forced upon you.

So far, it's not bad. I think the combat will get better once I get used to it more.

Never hear much about this one, so I'll be curious about your updates on it. I always tend to forget Quintet did more after Terranigma.
Segata
Next-Gen

Post by Segata »

Top Hunter-Wanted this game for a long time. It's fun so far.
Puyo Puyo Tetris-Man the music is very Saturn era sounding. Love it!
Riptide GP Renegade-this is a really fun racing game. It's basically Waverace meets Hydro Thunder. It's very much an arcade game from the late 90s with more modern visuals. (Early PS3 era TBH but still looks crisp) Having a blast with this game!

Playing all of them on Switch.
Segata
Next-Gen

Post by Segata »

Resogun. This game is awesome. It was worth the wait on a good sale. Best Defender clone since the original. Better actually.
Segata
Next-Gen

Post by Segata »

Splatoon 2. Much sharper looking game than the first wow! Seems they tightened up some things and feels a little smoother to play. Enjoying the game.
laurenhiya21
Next-Gen

Post by laurenhiya21 »

Finally got started with Ys Origin! The first time I tried this game (which was in 2012 apparently), I played as Yunica and got my butt kicked mega hard. Apparently Hugo is easier to play as so that's who I'm using this time.

I haven't gotten too far (I'm in some sort of water area I think... I lost a lot of progress since I died for some reason :(), but I'm having a good time so far. Hugo's attacks are fun to use since he can hit enemies from a good distance with his magic attacks. Definitely looking forward to playing more of it!

Also Hugo's attacks are fun since they go pewpewpewpewpewpewpewpewpewpewpew