What are you playing?

Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
pierrot
Next-Gen

Re: What are you playing?

Post by pierrot »

As I had feared with Ore Ike, the next stage (and I think one in the latter half of the story mode, at least) introduced a boss in the top floor that I have no idea how to deal with. First of all, just getting up there takes about 3-4 copies, and I'm not sure how to shave that number down. Then it has 400 health, and is invulnerable when any of the three torches at the southeast edge of the floor (opposite side of the floor from where the boss sits) are unlit, and the only way that I know to light them is with the Katon skill, which I have limited use of, and don't really understand the mechanisms for restoring. Regardless, the boss is almost constantly shooting out rows of whirlwinds that put out the torches. I can slash them away, but it's still a lot to keep up with, and I'm not sure how I can do all of that while killing the boss, with only 3 or so copies. While typing this, I actually had a few ideas of things I could try, but I'm not really holding my breath.
Last edited by pierrot on Fri Feb 16, 2018 9:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ESauced
64-bit

Post by ESauced »

Playing Doom on Switch. Like the game but the Switch joycons are not great for an FPS. Regardless of if I play tabletop or handheld mode I have trouble with keeping my thumb on the right joystick.
GSZX1337
Next-Gen

Post by GSZX1337 »

ElkinFencer10 wrote:
GSZX1337 wrote:I knew it was free, it's just that it wanna finish the games I paid for before I got after the free stuff. I do take meds for depression, but that's a result of my anger problems so I don't think the game will have the same effect on me. I'll still have someone nearby though. I've never had someone advise me to do that before.

Better safe than sorry. I've never been reduced to a sobbing wreck in the fetal position on the floor by a game before I played this one.

I played through Doki Doki Literature club and fucking loved it. That's especially odd since I have no interest in Visual Novels or anything within a nautical mile of anime. The subject put me in a downer mood at times, but I didn't get seriously affected by it. Also, it made the good ending much more satisfying. :D
casterofdreams wrote:On PC I want MOAR FPS!!!|
Xeogred
Next-Gen

Post by Xeogred »

Black Ops 3

Treyarch sucks so bad it's insane. I'm laughing at how this game looks worse than Advanced Warfare despite being newer. It's clear that Treyarch are the C-tier team with the leftovers budget. Just like the first two, it tries so hard to be edgy and angsty. I've already seen almost a dozen technical hiccups from textures popping in and out, even characters, screen tearing, and the lip sync is dreadful. Literally everything looks like trash compared to Ghosts and Advanced Warfare, PS4 wise. The multiplayer leveling system and unlocks are all integrated into the campaign, making it feel all the more soulless and lame. I'm sure some know what I'm getting at, it just feels far too artificial. It doesn't help that it's entirely designed with co-op as well... which is probably fun for some, but not what I want. The main character is literally just "player" too. I never finished Black Ops 2 and I'm not sure I have it in me to get through all of this either when I have Infinite Warfare on my shelves which sounds like one of the best in the series campaign wise. The IW games blow these Crap Ops out of the water. CoD is CoD but I never knew there would be such a divide in terms of quality.

Such a shame Treyarch weren't the ones that had to poop out the lifeless WW2 and instead Sledgehammer were forced into that. I'd be excited for some more original Sledgehammer stories and settings for CoD.
ElkinFencer10
Next-Gen

Post by ElkinFencer10 »

....are you sure you meant 3? Because I've been saying that it's the best game of the whole series since the weekend it came out. And I stand by that. :shock:
Exhuminator wrote:Ecchi lords must unite for great justice.

Xeogred
Next-Gen

Post by Xeogred »

Yeah, 3.

The level design seems atrocious too... the weird train junk/shipyard area (level 4 I think) reminded me of FEAR 3, another game I absolutely hate. Everything about the HUD is annoying too, the "danger zone", the fuzziness of the ammo/grenade indicators, etc. I guess you can customize most of this, but oh well. I'm not finding the special abilities to be that intuitive either.

This feels like if Project Snowblind went from an F to D.

A third into it based off a level list and me not caring about anything story/character/level design wise whatsoever, the fourth level went on too long... I thought I was at the end of it until a cutscene led into more. I just turned it off and cooked some ramen noodles. Probably done with it forever. Playing CoD's back to back probably isn't ideal but I don't know man, nothing but bad vibes here and since I hated Black Ops 1 and didn't care to even finish 2, I don't think the extra dose of sci-fi is enough to make me care about this one.
ArtificeSiren

Post by ArtificeSiren »

Hey what is the best CoD to get if you want to play in an active community?
ElkinFencer10
Next-Gen

Post by ElkinFencer10 »

ArtificeSiren wrote:Hey what is the best CoD to get if you want to play in an active community?

The most recent is usually the most active. Either WWII or Infinite Warfare is your best bet.
Exhuminator wrote:Ecchi lords must unite for great justice.

Xeogred
Next-Gen

Post by Xeogred »

ArtificeSiren wrote:Hey what is the best CoD to get if you want to play in an active community?

Check out Titanfall 2 instead, if you haven't played that one yet. It's incredible, the campaign blows all CoD's out of the water and the multiplayer is amazing. Most fun I've had with an online shooter of this type since CoD4 and Bad Company 2. The campaign wasn't as good as Doom 2016 to me, but it was around that level and one of the best in years. A huge surprise.

Too bad EA fully owns Respawn now.

@Elk: I gave Blops 3 two more levels today but yeah, deleted it and I'm installing Infinite Wafare now. :P :lol:
PartridgeSenpai
Next-Gen

Post by PartridgeSenpai »

Xeogred wrote:

Check out Titanfall 2 instead, if you haven't played that one yet. It's incredible, the campaign blows all CoD's out of the water and the multiplayer is amazing. Most fun I've had with an online shooter of this type since CoD4 and Bad Company 2. The campaign wasn't as good as Doom 2016 to me, but it was around that level and one of the best in years. A huge surprise.

The only thing with Titanfall 2 is that I'd worry on if it has an active community anymore. It had a bad launch to release with (becuase EA are either idiots and released it a week apart from Battlefield 1, or they're evil and wanted Respawn's latest effort to fail so they could buy them), so I'd worry on if anyone is even still playing it a year and a half out past launch. The campaign is great sure, but I'd be cautious on buying it for a multiplayer component populated by anything but the most die-hard of fans still kicking around.
I identify everyone via avatar, so if you change your avatar, I genuinely might completely forget who you are. -- Me