Retro Gamers Age

Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
marurun

Re: Retro Gamers Age

Post by marurun »

Spacebooger, you and I are very close in age. We’re two of the old men on the forum.
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
retrosportsgamer
Next-Gen

Post by retrosportsgamer »

retrosportsgamer wrote:32 - grew up with the NES erupting, genesis greatness in the mid '90s, playstation in college (then the dreamcast, with n64 mixed in) - then ps2 at age 22, etc, etc.

I'd argue being born in 1979 is probably one of the top years for nostaglic feelings around retro gaming given the growth of the industry as we grew up.

Heh I knew I must have replied 9 years ago.
Key-Glyph
Next-Gen

Post by Key-Glyph »

marurun wrote:Been really admiring Bone's epic necropost.

Same. :lol:

For the first few replies I thought I was losing my mind. I see BradTemple87's comment, completely overlook the obvious birthday year in their username, and have a mental record scratch over "I'm 24, and most of the retro games I know are around my age to early 30's."

Then I'm like, "BoringSupreez is is 17?! How did I not know that? Wait, we have how many teenagers on this board? Where did all these early-twenty-somethings come from?!"

Finally I noticed the years, flipped forward to the most recent post, and guffawed.

Thanks Bone. You are a treasure.

BogusMeatFactory wrote:If I could powder my copies of shenmue and snort them I would