Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
User avatar
noiseredux
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 38075
Joined: Fri Nov 14, 2008 1:09 pm

Re: Snickerd00dle's Summer Game Challenge 2011

by noiseredux Mon Jun 13, 2011 8:07 am

:roll: fine you guys, I won't call it beaten.
Image
User avatar
NeverGoBak
32-bit
 
Posts: 213
Joined: Mon May 16, 2011 4:49 pm

Re: Snickerd00dle's Summer Game Challenge 2011

by NeverGoBak Mon Jun 13, 2011 8:31 am

noiseredux wrote::roll: fine you guys, I won't call it beaten.


I thought you already weren't calling it beaten :lol: .


All this pushiness makes me specifically not want to play Chrono Trigger, If I make a VC purchase, it's gonna be Kirby's Dream Land 3.
Current Consoles: SNES, GBC, Game Cube, Nintendo DSL, Wii, N64, PS2
Past Consoles: PS1, X-BOX, GBA

FAV Franchises/Games: Sonic The Hedgehog, Lock's Quest, Legend of Zelda, Megaman Battle Network, Mysims, Plok(SNES), Kirby, Ristar, Sly Cooper, Pokemon Mystery Dungeon, Smash Bros, Okami, Tekken, Super Mario, Wario Land, Golden Sun, Streets of Rage and Elite Beat Agents.
User avatar
CFFJR
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 4372
Joined: Sun Feb 21, 2010 7:51 am
Location: Denver, CO

Re: Snickerd00dle's Summer Game Challenge 2011

by CFFJR Mon Jun 13, 2011 8:41 am

NeverGoBak wrote:All this pushiness makes me specifically not want to play Chrono Trigger, If I make a VC purchase, it's gonna be Kirby's Dream Land 3.


:? Please don't completely write it off. Opinions differ of course, between people who simply like the game and people who genuinely believe its the best game ever (and some who don't like it at all), but either way it deserves a look.

I'm not trying to push you or anything, I'm just saying. Keep it in mind for down the line. I'd be genuinely surprised if you tried it and didn't find something to like about it.
GameSack wrote:That's right, only Sega had the skill to make a proper Nintendo game.
User avatar
lisalover1
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 4964
Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2008 10:50 am
Location: Redmond, WA

Re: Snickerd00dle's Summer Game Challenge 2011

by lisalover1 Mon Jun 13, 2011 9:06 am

While you're at it, Noise, give Story Mode a shot in BlazBlue. I certainly wouldn't call just finishing story mode with one character completing the game. Fighting games have evolved a loooooonnng way since the 16-bit era where the arcade mode was the only mode. This game has a great story, if a bit hard to follow, as well as excellent music and voice acting. At least try playing through to the good ending of Ragna's story; it shouldn't take you long, and is well worth it.
Image
~My name's Vicky, by the way!~ ^_^
User avatar
noiseredux
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 38075
Joined: Fri Nov 14, 2008 1:09 pm

Re: Snickerd00dle's Summer Game Challenge 2011

by noiseredux Mon Jun 13, 2011 9:12 am

lisalover1 wrote:While you're at it, Noise, give Story Mode a shot in BlazBlue. I certainly wouldn't call just finishing story mode with one character completing the game. Fighting games have evolved a loooooonnng way since the 16-bit era where the arcade mode was the only mode. This game has a great story, if a bit hard to follow, as well as excellent music and voice acting. At least try playing through to the good ending of Ragna's story; it shouldn't take you long, and is well worth it.


yeah. No.

I mean I probably will eventually do Story Mode anyway. But that's just the way I play fighting games. I think of fighting games as arcade style games. I'm not even interested in any story honestly. To me, I'm satisfied to have beaten Arcade Mode in a fighter. And at any rate, I'm focusing on these Summer Gaming games I've chosen, plus we've got Together Retro going on. So re-playing through a fighter I only liked (didn't love) isn't too high on my list right now. :wink:
Image
User avatar
NeverGoBak
32-bit
 
Posts: 213
Joined: Mon May 16, 2011 4:49 pm

Re: Snickerd00dle's Summer Game Challenge 2011

by NeverGoBak Mon Jun 13, 2011 9:21 am

CFFJR wrote:
:? Please don't completely write it off. Opinions differ of course, between people who simply like the game and people who genuinely believe its the best game ever (and some who don't like it at all), but either way it deserves a look.

I'm not trying to push you or anything, I'm just saying. Keep it in mind for down the line. I'd be genuinely surprised if you tried it and didn't find something to like about it.


I've played through the first half hour already actually, It's a pretty fun game(only in real time though...), but the fact that I haven't played Dream Land 3 is FAR more important to me, Chrono is maybe 3rd or 4th priority, even if it is much, much longer.
Current Consoles: SNES, GBC, Game Cube, Nintendo DSL, Wii, N64, PS2
Past Consoles: PS1, X-BOX, GBA

FAV Franchises/Games: Sonic The Hedgehog, Lock's Quest, Legend of Zelda, Megaman Battle Network, Mysims, Plok(SNES), Kirby, Ristar, Sly Cooper, Pokemon Mystery Dungeon, Smash Bros, Okami, Tekken, Super Mario, Wario Land, Golden Sun, Streets of Rage and Elite Beat Agents.
User avatar
lisalover1
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 4964
Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2008 10:50 am
Location: Redmond, WA

Re: Snickerd00dle's Summer Game Challenge 2011

by lisalover1 Mon Jun 13, 2011 9:28 am

noiseredux wrote:
lisalover1 wrote:While you're at it, Noise, give Story Mode a shot in BlazBlue. I certainly wouldn't call just finishing story mode with one character completing the game. Fighting games have evolved a loooooonnng way since the 16-bit era where the arcade mode was the only mode. This game has a great story, if a bit hard to follow, as well as excellent music and voice acting. At least try playing through to the good ending of Ragna's story; it shouldn't take you long, and is well worth it.


yeah. No.

I mean I probably will eventually do Story Mode anyway. But that's just the way I play fighting games. I think of fighting games as arcade style games. I'm not even interested in any story honestly. To me, I'm satisfied to have beaten Arcade Mode in a fighter. And at any rate, I'm focusing on these Summer Gaming games I've chosen, plus we've got Together Retro going on. So re-playing through a fighter I only liked (didn't love) isn't too high on my list right now. :wink:

Hey, all I'm saying is that you really ought to learn to stop and smell the roses every now and then. Beating games isn't a race... well, except to speedrunners, that is.
Image
~My name's Vicky, by the way!~ ^_^
User avatar
noiseredux
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 38075
Joined: Fri Nov 14, 2008 1:09 pm

Re: Snickerd00dle's Summer Game Challenge 2011

by noiseredux Mon Jun 13, 2011 9:34 am

lisalover1 wrote:Hey, all I'm saying is that you really ought to learn to stop and smell the roses every now and then. Beating games isn't a race... well, except to speedrunners, that is.


no, that's not my intention either. It's not like I play a game just to beat it and then throw it on my shelf never to touch it again. But certain genres I play a certain way. Like I said, fighters -- like shmups, slashers and porn -- just don't require too much story for me. And in fact, I find that too much story can actually detract. I don't pop in a fighting game because I want to sit through cutscenes, y'know? All I want is a fun arcade experience. I play fighters because I'm in the mood to do some quick fighting. With the advent of online gaming, "smelling the roses" of a fighting game for me is playing online. That's the mode outside of Arcade that I'm looking for, and where I get more out of the game than just a single play-through.
Image
User avatar
lisalover1
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 4964
Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2008 10:50 am
Location: Redmond, WA

Re: Snickerd00dle's Summer Game Challenge 2011

by lisalover1 Mon Jun 13, 2011 9:39 am

noiseredux wrote:
lisalover1 wrote:Hey, all I'm saying is that you really ought to learn to stop and smell the roses every now and then. Beating games isn't a race... well, except to speedrunners, that is.


no, that's not my intention either. It's not like I play a game just to beat it and then throw it on my shelf never to touch it again. But certain genres I play a certain way. Like I said, fighters -- like shmups, slashers and porn -- just don't require too much story for me. And in fact, I find that too much story can actually detract. I don't pop in a fighting game because I want to sit through cutscenes, y'know? All I want is a fun arcade experience. I play fighters because I'm in the mood to do some quick fighting. With the advent of online gaming, "smelling the roses" of a fighting game for me is playing online. That's the mode outside of Arcade that I'm looking for, and where I get more out of the game than just a single play-through.

Fair enough. Maybe I'm just letting my love of a good story fog my vision of what is appropriate in different game genres. That, and I am used to taking my good sweet time when playing through a game, just to learn all of what it has to offer.
Image
~My name's Vicky, by the way!~ ^_^
User avatar
KillemallCFH
32-bit
 
Posts: 226
Joined: Mon Feb 15, 2010 9:54 am
Location: Massachusetts

Re: Snickerd00dle's Summer Game Challenge 2011

by KillemallCFH Mon Jun 13, 2011 9:45 am

NeverGoBak wrote:I've played through the first half hour already actually, It's a pretty fun game(only in real time though...), but the fact that I haven't played Dream Land 3 is FAR more important to me, Chrono is maybe 3rd or 4th priority, even if it is much, much longer.
Warning, you're likely to be massively disappointed by Kirby's Dream Land 3, especially if you've played Super Star.
Favorite System: SNES
Second Favorite System: Playstation
Return to General Gaming

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Ack, bmoc, Flake, Gunstar Green, isiolia, MrPopo and 3 guests