Post proof that you're passing retro on to the kids!

Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
Michi
Next-Gen

Re: Post proof that you're passing retro on to the kids!

Post by Michi »

sevin0seven wrote:if i also ever have a kid, my kid would start where i started. SMB for NES! 8)

Marvelous choice 8)

I don't have any kids, but you'll get a story anyway, because it sort of applies and it was just too cute: The FYE closest to me was closing a while ago and was up to 50% on the misc. items in the back of the store. So while I was back there checking out the game-related items I saw a little boy - couldn't have been older than 5- pick up a small, stuffed Yoshi. I then watched in utter amusement as he picked up a small stuffed Mario, put him on Yoshi's back, and preceded to bounce the two of them around the display shelves. If my cell camera wasn't crap I would've taken a picture :lol:
SpaceBooger

Post by SpaceBooger »

Ack wrote:
SpaceBooger wrote:Here is a grainy pic of my 2 yr old playing Donald Duck on the Dreamcast.

Anybody ever tell you your kid looks just like you? Because he does. He's mini-SpaceBooger.

Yeah I hear that a lot. The mail man looked surprised when he said it though... not really.

Anyway here is two more pics of my oldest son again playing retro games at 6 and 13 months old:
IMG_1286.JPG
IMG_1286.JPG (78.76 KiB) Viewed 3694 times

100_2889.JPG
100_2889.JPG (94.54 KiB) Viewed 3695 times
BLOG | BST
Systems Owned: NES, Game Boy (Original, Pocket, Color & Advance SP), DSi, 3DS, Genesis, Sega CD,
Nomad, SNES, Saturn, PS1, Dreamcast, XBox, PS2, Gamecube, Nintendo DS, Wii, PSP, PS3, WiiU & XBONE.
CFFJR
Next-Gen

Post by CFFJR »

Turtles Arcade and Sonic the Hedgehog. He has good taste. :D
GameSack wrote:That's right, only Sega had the skill to make a proper Nintendo game.
sevin0seven
Next-Gen

Post by sevin0seven »

Michi wrote:I don't have any kids, but you'll get a story anyway, because it sort of applies and it was just too cute: The FYE closest to me was closing a while ago and was up to 50% on the misc. items in the back of the store. So while I was back there checking out the game-related items I saw a little boy - couldn't have been older than 5- pick up a small, stuffed Yoshi. I then watched in utter amusement as he picked up a small stuffed Mario, put him on Yoshi's back, and preceded to bounce the two of them around the display shelves. If my cell camera wasn't crap I would've taken a picture :lol:

:) nice.

it would probably be weird if the 5 yr old would put yoshi on mario's back. :lol:
Visit my stores: Mercari Store, sevin0seven RacketBoy Marketplace
Bay Area Cali: Meet-up Thread
Custom Art Covers & Labels: Click here
Game Room: Click here
elabit
24-bit

Post by elabit »

I put my dreamcast steering wheel in the car for my nephew so he could drive from the back seat when I was watching him.
Also a good trick for kids who aren't old enough to understand how a game works is to let them play with a joystick that isn't plugged in so they think they are playing while they watch.
Bradtemple87
Next-Gen

Post by Bradtemple87 »

elabit wrote:I put my dreamcast steering wheel in the car for my nephew so he could drive from the back seat when I was watching him.
Also a good trick for kids who aren't old enough to understand how a game works is to let them play with a joystick that isn't plugged in so they think they are playing while they watch.

My younger brother did that with me while I was playing Genesis years ago :)
MY Sale/Trade Thread
viewtopic.php?f=22&t=27739
Stark
Next-Gen

Post by Stark »

Michi wrote:
sevin0seven wrote:if i also ever have a kid, my kid would start where i started. SMB for NES! 8)

Marvelous choice 8)

I don't have any kids, but you'll get a story anyway, because it sort of applies and it was just too cute: The FYE closest to me was closing a while ago and was up to 50% on the misc. items in the back of the store. So while I was back there checking out the game-related items I saw a little boy - couldn't have been older than 5- pick up a small, stuffed Yoshi. I then watched in utter amusement as he picked up a small stuffed Mario, put him on Yoshi's back, and preceded to bounce the two of them around the display shelves. If my cell camera wasn't crap I would've taken a picture :lol:

That's a cute story.
Let strength be granted, so the world might be mended...so the world might be mended.
J T
Next-Gen

Post by J T »

This thread is so full of dhaaaaawwww!
My contributions to the Racketboy site:
Browser Games ... Free PC Games ... Mixtapes ... Doujin Games ... SotC Poetry
Stark
Next-Gen

Post by Stark »

Ooh, just had an idea to snap a pic of my daughter playing Zoop tonight, it'll be her first Together Retro!
Let strength be granted, so the world might be mended...so the world might be mended.
mjmjr25

Post by mjmjr25 »

Not sure it's terribly retro (Power Stone 2), but here's my lil' gamers. My daughter (far left) is a very serious gamer, as in she will get pissed and punch her brothers. My older boy (2nd on left) is very talented and is the best of the 4, he is really attuned and has the patience to perform combos. The other two (on the right)...not much going on there yet...but they do want to play w/their older siblings.