Post proof that you're passing retro on to the kids!

Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
Stark
Next-Gen

Re: Post proof that you're passing retro on to the kids!

Post by Stark »

A cute one of Charlotte "playing" XBLA. :D
Attachments
DSC_0646.JPG
DSC_0646.JPG (125.32 KiB) Viewed 3660 times
Let strength be granted, so the world might be mended...so the world might be mended.
SpaceBooger

Post by SpaceBooger »

More Dreamcast fun with my sons from earlier this month:
Rainy days are made for video games.
BLOG | BST
Systems Owned: NES, Game Boy (Original, Pocket, Color & Advance SP), DSi, 3DS, Genesis, Sega CD,
Nomad, SNES, Saturn, PS1, Dreamcast, XBox, PS2, Gamecube, Nintendo DS, Wii, PSP, PS3, WiiU & XBONE.
TEKTORO
Next-Gen

Post by TEKTORO »

A lil Contra practice.My 2yr old daughter and me stage 1 where the bridges explode,I blast away while she trails.She also drags around the house a red N64 controller I fixed poorly.

If you can see the future while remembering the past, you may just have control of the present.
BlackDS
Next-Gen

Post by BlackDS »

TEKTORO wrote:Image

I never knew the wavebird receivers fit into the wii gamecube ports. how well does the wavebird work with the receiver facing that angle?
Ack wrote:You WILL be respectful of each other, or I WILL shove my mod foot so far up your Internet ass that your avatar will wince. Do you understand, children?

My Sale thread, lots of nintendo, neo-geo, and sega stuff!
http://www.racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=24526&p=305373#p305373
TEKTORO
Next-Gen

Post by TEKTORO »

The wavebird works really good on the Wii.My couch is towards the left of the pic and I sit about 6-8 ft away from the TV.If you remove the Wii flaps you can sit it flush,either way works like a charm.
If you can see the future while remembering the past, you may just have control of the present.
Navin_Johnson
16-bit

Post by Navin_Johnson »

I have five sons, ages 1 through 9. The three older ones are of video gaming age, and all three prefer retro games to the current systems. It's a lot of fun to relive playing the games of my childhood through their eyes, and they also love hunting thrift stores, yard sales, and used stores for games to play.

Boy number 4, is three years old. He doesn't really play yet but watches with great interest. A couple years ago his first really intelligible word (besides babblings of "mama" and "dada") actually was "SEGA" which he would say fairly close in tune to how it is said at the beginning of the Genesis games he was watching.
Consoles: Wii, Xbox 360, Nintendo DS, Xbox (x3), Gamecube (x3), Playstation 2 (x2), Dreamcast (x2), Nintendo 64 (x2), Playstation 1 (x3), Saturn, SNES (x2), Sega 32X, Sega CD, Genesis (x4), Gameboy Color, NES.
arnold_the_bartender
64-bit

Post by arnold_the_bartender »

I may not have any kids but still, I wish I had the luck to influence all the ones younger than me (or even around my age) in the family to at least give them a thought. Instead, retro games get trashed. I'm the only one in my family who prefers and plays retro games. Guess I get to feel like a rebel then. :wink:
What a maneuver!

My j00tube channel: http://www.youtube.com/arnoldthebartender
TEKTORO
Next-Gen

Post by TEKTORO »

SpaceBooger wrote:More Dreamcast fun with my sons from earlier this month:
Rainy days are made for video games.

Your home looks very cozy,nice family time :D
elabit
24-bit

Post by elabit »

my 8 month old loves to sit on my lap and bang on the control panel of my candy cab, I have to take a video he goes nuts! He also is yelling when he does it, I wonder where he got that from???? :lol:
SpaceBooger

Post by SpaceBooger »

Super Mario World 2 is the current favorite at my house right now:
cal.jpg
cal.jpg (59.25 KiB) Viewed 3304 times

olie.jpg
olie.jpg (72.92 KiB) Viewed 3308 times
BLOG | BST
Systems Owned: NES, Game Boy (Original, Pocket, Color & Advance SP), DSi, 3DS, Genesis, Sega CD,
Nomad, SNES, Saturn, PS1, Dreamcast, XBox, PS2, Gamecube, Nintendo DS, Wii, PSP, PS3, WiiU & XBONE.