Post proof that you're passing retro on to the kids!

Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
BoneSnapDeez
Next-Gen

Re: Post proof that you're passing retro on to the kids!

Post by BoneSnapDeez »

She loves the older shooters.
samsonlonghair
Next-Gen
Location: Now: Newport News, VA. Formerly: Richmond. Before that: Near the WV/VA border

Post by samsonlonghair »

BoneSnapDeez wrote:Image
She loves the older shooters.

Well done, sir! Your girl is learning why Galaga is a classic! 8)
Stark
Next-Gen

Post by Stark »

NICE!
Let strength be granted, so the world might be mended...so the world might be mended.
BoneSnapDeez
Next-Gen

Post by BoneSnapDeez »

Okay not entirely retro here but... my eldest daughter plays a lot of Switch. She likes Gunbird quite a bit, and the Arcade Archives titles. Today though, she beat Kirby Star Allies, the first game she's ever finished on her own. Small sister was spectator.
Anapan
Next-Gen

Post by Anapan »

Holy crap! If you were that old in 1991 when you did the boxart photoshoot, it's very impressive you had kids only a few years ago.
My nephew's the same age and he has not yet beat Kirby Star Allies - I think he might be half way.
Here's Deakon and my brother playing Kirby: Nightmare in Dreamland on 2 Gamecubes in my den. Lights are down because the screen on the left is a rear projection 3CRT.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
stickem
Next-Gen

Post by stickem »

took my kids to Game Galaxy, an arcade/store, a couple miles away to give the wife a break lol. Store is weak, but the arcade is really really impressive. 10 bucks for an hour, 12 for all day.

my youngest playing some super mario, and in the background, my oldest with her friend playing some street fighter variant.

An import racer/rpg i think, she didn't last to long. looked cool though.

the street fighter thing again with my oldest

them playing some minecraft

my youngest again playing darius burst. didn't go so well. I jumped on after. what a gorgeous game!

this place has hundreds of pinball and hundreds of arcade cabs everywhere. all home consoles hooked up to crts/flat panels as well.

spoiler for more random arcade pics for anyone intrrested.. excuse the quality, dim lighting, just like an arcade should be!
Note
Next-Gen

Post by Note »

Damn, that arcade looks awesome. Seems like they have a great selection of games there -- cool to see that Versus City cabinet with Street Fighter. That Darius Burst cabinet is wild, I've never come across one but looks like fun to try out. I spotted the Captain America and Avengers beat em up game in your photos too.

Also, I appreciate the various setups for fighting game fans. Cool to see the place has both cabinets and stations where patrons can play a console version.

Looks like a great place to spend a day!
stickem
Next-Gen

Post by stickem »

You'd lose yourself for hours. Some of those may look like the same pics but different angles but nope. There are aisle after aisle of stuff and not much room to squeeze into position for clear pics that show most of the titles.
Note
Next-Gen

Post by Note »

stickem wrote:You'd lose yourself for hours. Some of those may look like the same pics but different angles but nope. There are aisle after aisle of stuff and not much room to squeeze into position for clear pics that show most of the titles.

Oh I can definitely spend a day in there, no problem. Lol. Ton of games I'd like to play again or try.

Hope the family enjoyed it!
BoneSnapDeez
Next-Gen

Post by BoneSnapDeez »

Man that arcade looks sweet as hell.