Fun Video Game Rebus

Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
tylerbgood
16-bit

Fun Video Game Rebus

Post by tylerbgood »

I found a cool game-related rebus puzzle on another website this morning and thought you guys might enjoy having a look. I've figured out all of them but C3. Good luck and don't cheat!

The image is too big to embed so here's the link. http://i.imgur.com/IIvR2.jpg

*I don't know the original author, and tineye couldn't find the image either.

SPOILER: ANSWERS IN NEXT POST
Last edited by tylerbgood on Mon Jan 24, 2011 11:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
tylerbgood
16-bit

Re: Fun Video Game Rebus

Post by tylerbgood »

Huh, I thought people would find this more entertaining. Anyway, for anyone who cares to know, I'll start putting up the answers row by row in this post.

ANSWERS:

1A - Endless Ocean, 1B - Twisted Metal, 1C - Half-Life, 1D - Halo, 1E - Wii Sports, 1F - Odin Sphere.
2A - Left 4 Dead, 2B - Myst, 2C - Saints Row, 2D - Lost in Blue, 2E - Area 51, 2F - Altered Beast.
3A - Killer 7, 3B - Scribblenauts, 3C - Afternoon of Darkness,* 3D - Angry Birds, 3E - Q*Bert, 3F - Chrono Cross.

*See comment below regarding 3C
Last edited by tylerbgood on Mon Jan 24, 2011 5:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gao
8-bit

Post by Gao »

tylerbgood wrote:Huh, I thought people would find this more entertaining. Anyway, for anyone who cares to know, I'll start putting up the answers row by row in this post.

Well if it helps you feel better, I enjoyed it. Got all but 4 or so with a friend, then I tried to find the answer for the rest, but I didn't find any for 5C.
tylerbgood
16-bit

Post by tylerbgood »

Gao wrote:Well if it helps you feel better, I enjoyed it. Got all but 4 or so with a friend, then I tried to find the answer for the rest, but I didn't find any for 5C.

What did you guys settle on for 3C? That was the only highly contested answer being discussed or reddit, where I found this puzzle. Welcome to the site, by the way. Always good to see a new face!

And the answer to 5C is LittleBigPlanet.
Gao
8-bit

Post by Gao »

tylerbgood wrote:
Gao wrote:Well if it helps you feel better, I enjoyed it. Got all but 4 or so with a friend, then I tried to find the answer for the rest, but I didn't find any for 5C.

What did you guys settle on for 3C? That was the only highly contested answer being discussed or reddit, where I found this puzzle. Welcome to the site, by the way. Always good to see a new face!

And the answer to 5C is LittleBigPlanet.

Sorry, I meant to write 3C originally. The only thing that I could think of for that one was Eternal Darkness, but given how obvious the others are once you figure them out, I doubt that's right.
tylerbgood
16-bit

Post by tylerbgood »

The most popular guess for 3C is Disgaea: Afternoon of Darkness, but it is highly contested since the rebus would be referencing the subtitle and the game itself is a handheld rerelease - both details which most of the other games don't share. People have guessed the answer is everything from Timeshift to Afterburner.

Edit: Spelling
Last edited by tylerbgood on Mon Jan 24, 2011 5:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Gao
8-bit

Post by Gao »

tylerbgood wrote:The most popular guess for 3C is Disgaea: Afternoon of Darkness, but it is highly contended since the rebus would be referencing the subtitle and the game itself is a handheld rerelease - both details which most of the other games don't share. People have guessed the answer is everything from Timeshift to Afterburner.

That Disgaea one sounds like the best fit so far, but I agree that the problems those problems mean that it probably still isn't right.