Wantedgametesters.com - Is it legit

Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
TheyCallMeTheSwede
128-bit

Wantedgametesters.com - Is it legit

Post by TheyCallMeTheSwede »

http://wantedgametesters.com/register/?zp=1&aff=147

Usually, I do not trust the advertisements anywhere on the internet, and I have seen websites similar to this, but this one got me a bit curious, as of now I am unemployed and I am looking for a new job, and I am just curious if this is legit because I don't want to be another fool who has been tricked.
Top 101 Favorite Games of All Time

CURRENTLY OWNED: NES, SNES, GC, GB, GBA:SP, GEN, SAT, DC, PS2, PS3, PSP, X360, NGPC, Neo-Geo AES, PCE Duo, PS4, PSX, oXbox

$ALE: NOTTING!!! ABSORUTRY NOTTING!!!!!!

WANTED: CDX, 3DO, Amiga 32CD, Master System, Wii

Xbox Live: AHTNF
PSN: CallMeTheSwede

Be a pal, Check out my Photography
http://callmetheswede.deviantart.com
tommyboy8689
24-bit

Re: Wantedgametesters.com - Is it legit

Post by tommyboy8689 »

it doesnt look very legit to me personally... i could be wrong but

1. very generic sounding "testimonials"
2. the website is asking to see if you qualify, which im guessing that everybody tends to qualify.

also it seems like the website is some kind of training course so you can become a game tester...

thats just my 2 cents, i dunno what everybody else thinks

edit- i looked at tos real quick and heres something you might wanna see
2. BILLING

2.1 By submitting an order, You will be billed today up to $39.99 USD and up to $39.99USD every following 30 days. You may cancel Your subscription by calling toll-free at (866)395 1113 or by writing to customerservice@wantedgametesters.com.

2.2 You authorize wantedgametesters.com to initiate debit/credit entries to your bank deposit account or credit card as indicated upon sign-up and enrollment. This authority is to remain in full force and effect until You cancel Your subscription.
Last edited by tommyboy8689 on Tue Jan 18, 2011 3:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
gtmtnbiker
Next-Gen

Post by gtmtnbiker »

I suggest that you read the Terms of Service (TOS) agreement on the website and make the conclusion yourself.
Jamisonia
128-bit

Post by Jamisonia »

from searching the domain name on whois i can tell you that they have only had a domain since August 2010.
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

tommyboy8689 wrote:
edit- i looked at tos real quick and heres something you might wanna see
2. BILLING

2.1 By submitting an order, You will be billed today up to $39.99 USD and up to $39.99USD every following 30 days. You may cancel Your subscription by calling toll-free at (866)395 1113 or by writing to customerservice@wantedgametesters.com.

2.2 You authorize wantedgametesters.com to initiate debit/credit entries to your bank deposit account or credit card as indicated upon sign-up and enrollment. This authority is to remain in full force and effect until You cancel Your subscription.

right... so it looks like your new job is to pay them $40/mo to play games. :|
Czernobog
Next-Gen

Post by Czernobog »

It doesn't look like a legitimate employment opportunity at all so I recommend you stay away as you're much more likely to lose money than you are to make any as far as I can tell.
Dup
8-bit

Post by Dup »

Not mention Game Testing is boring and menial. Trying to break a game is the most stupid and boring ways thinkable? Fun.