Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
yomomma1
128-bit

Re: Dreams about Games

by yomomma1 Sat Jan 08, 2011 8:42 pm

noiseredux wrote:y'alls ever have the "Tetris dreams" if you play too much? I've experienced that numerous times.

Never had a dream with tetris, but after playing too much when I close my eyes I see blocks falling and tetris type a music playing.
fvgazi
Next-Gen

by fvgazi Sat Jan 08, 2011 8:53 pm

So weird, Last night I had a game nightmare. I dreamed that a large portion of my collection got stolen. I woke up pissed. I was especially angry about my Model 2 Saturn in my dream.

When I was younger I had a dream so vivid and lucid that I thought my parents bought me a SNES. I woke up disappointed. Luckily I got it for Xmas that year.
[ XBL: downedcity | PSN: biggry | Steam: Merchandise ]
Black Lodge Amplification: http://blacklodgeamps.tumblr.com/
Josh
64-bit

by Josh Sat Jan 08, 2011 9:11 pm

I once had a dream I found a box of NES games at a Goodwill for 2 bucks apiece, and in the box was NWC and Stadium Events.

I begged my mom to take me to the local goodwill, only to have my dreams crushed by Jeopardy. :lol:
Collects promo gaming stuff, certain import games, hockey memorabilia, and other oddball things. (sig and avy under construction)
REPO Man
Next-Gen

by REPO Man Sat Jan 08, 2011 10:19 pm

Sometimes, I dream of finding a new Sonic game for the Genesis. Some time after these dreams started, I discover the magical world of Sonic hacks, which in theory are new games altogether (in a few cases, like S Factor or Sonic 1 Megamix). I still have these dreams, and it's usually the same basic level concept.

I also dream of finding cool games at the local thrift stores.

Oh, and I constantly dream of finding arcades filled with cool games.

And once or twice, dreamt of a vending machine game (kinda like the one where you have to stop the light at the right time) that has Sega Saturn games in it.

But on the subject of dreams themselves, I actually wanna map out the locales in my dreams, since they usually are just variations of the same basic layout.
pakopako
Next-Gen

by pakopako Sat Jan 08, 2011 10:21 pm

noiseredux wrote:y'alls ever have the "Tetris dreams" if you play too much? I've experienced that numerous times.

Applies to any game. I was on an 8-hour Advance Wars bender. I had a dream I was still awake and screwing up AC Kanbei's Error.

In fact, most of my dreams are "still awake" dreams, making "waking up" feel like a bad rerun.
My scheduling skills have died of dysentery; I hope to visit at least on a monthly basis.
Still, don't forget to tip your waitress.
Tiamat
8-bit

by Tiamat Sun Jan 09, 2011 1:14 am

A lot of the times I fall asleep after playing any RPG (and it happens a lot) I end up dreaming that I'm in the game, as one of the characters. I'm always vaguely disappointed when I wake up that I don't get to go off on a quest to save the world with a quirky cast of characters.

And I've had the Tetris dreams, but usually I get the DDR arrow ones instead.
It is better to die on one's feet than to live on one's knees.
-Albert Camus

Transition What (Tiamat's Blog)
I write fanfiction, and I no longer care who knows it.
Return to General Gaming