Can somebody explain the Metal Gear Solid series to me?

Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
Haoie
128-bit

Re: Can somebody explain the Metal Gear Solid series to me?

Post by Haoie »

Lots and lots of homoerotic material.

I kid you not.
If each mistake being made is a new one, then progress is being made.
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

Rurouni_Fencer wrote:You are an old fart trying to prevent nuclear catastrophe. You like smoking, shooting, and hiding in boxes. If you feel like you're on some psychotropic drugs, it's most likely because you are...
or you're just old.
The End.

AppleQueso wrote:also Twin Snakes is a remake of the ps1 game, and the GBC one is great but non-canon.

Haoie wrote:Lots and lots of homoerotic material.

I kid you not.

I'm fairly certain that none of you read the actual question I had posted in the original post.
AppleQueso

Post by AppleQueso »

I read it fine, I figured everyone else had answered your question already and figured I'd pop in with that tidbit you probably already knew about.
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

AppleQueso wrote:I read it fine, I figured everyone else had answered your question already and figured I'd pop in with that tidbit you probably already knew about.

ah, ok. I like the GBC game a lot. If anyone missed out on it, it's basically a throwback to the NES game. It's awesome.
Niode
Next-Gen

Post by Niode »

noiseredux wrote:
Rurouni_Fencer wrote:You are an old fart trying to prevent nuclear catastrophe. You like smoking, shooting, and hiding in boxes. If you feel like you're on some psychotropic drugs, it's most likely because you are...
or you're just old.
The End.

AppleQueso wrote:also Twin Snakes is a remake of the ps1 game, and the GBC one is great but non-canon.

Haoie wrote:Lots and lots of homoerotic material.

I kid you not.

I'm fairly certain that none of you read the actual question I had posted in the original post.

Since when do we ever stay on topic?

Here's some MGS easter eggs for you:

In MGS4 you can play with Rosemary's boobies by jiggling your sixaxis/dualshock 3.

Early on in MGS4 there are some greek statues that you can use to hide next to and your octocamo will adjust to stone camo. Not only that, but snake puts his hands on the statues privates. If you do it again, he accidentally breaks the statue's manhood off. Surprised, Snake watches it roll off. You can even play with your balls (literally) by running around next to it and snake will kick it and it will roll around.

In MGS if you enter the duct where you see Meryl for the first time. Exit, then re-enter to look at Meryl doing sit ups again. Keep doing this and eventually you will see here exercising in her underwear.

In every MGS you can smoke. Smoking actually affects your health and your life meter will go down. However this has some interesting gameplay effects. In MGS4 it is used to lower Snake's stress. You can also use it to see laser trip wires without IR goggles.

In MGS you can use the camera and certain places you will see ghost images of the developers. Very cool!

In MGS there are references to Kojima's earlier games, including a poster of Policenauts in the area where you fight Ninja. (IIRC) There is also a Playstation in the room along with that particular area being modelled on the office that created MGS.

That's all I can remember off the top of my head. Anybody else got any more?
Marurun wrote:Don’t mind-shart your pants, guys
MrEco
Next-Gen

Post by MrEco »

Niode wrote:In MGS there are references to Kojima's earlier games, including a poster of Policenauts in the area where you fight Ninja. (IIRC) There is also a Playstation in the room along with that particular area being modelled on the office that created MGS.

Except in the Gamecube remake, it's a Gamecube instead of a Playstation.

Also, every game has posters of Japanese super models in bikini's hidden around in secret places.

In MGS4 during all the boss fights against the B&BC members they have two versions. First where they're in the robot suits. Second in some skin tight leather outfits. If you get them to the second part and then just run around avoiding fighting them for like 4 minutes the screen will go white and you'll both be transported to an alternate dimension. In this place you can point a camera at the boss chick and she'll pose for you to take pictures of her. Each lady has like 5 different poses that they randomly use.
I feel old when talking to anyone my age yet too inexperienced to effectively talk to anyone older. Life is grand that way.

My twitter handle is @EckoExplores
Niode
Next-Gen

Post by Niode »

MrEco wrote:
Niode wrote:In MGS there are references to Kojima's earlier games, including a poster of Policenauts in the area where you fight Ninja. (IIRC) There is also a Playstation in the room along with that particular area being modelled on the office that created MGS.

Except in the Gamecube remake, it's a Gamecube instead of a Playstation.

Also, every game has posters of Japanese super models in bikini's hidden around in secret places.

In MGS4 during all the boss fights against the B&BC members they have two versions. First where they're in the robot suits. Second in some skin tight leather outfits. If you get them to the second part and then just run around avoiding fighting them for like 4 minutes the screen will go white and you'll both be transported to an alternate dimension. In this place you can point a camera at the boss chick and she'll pose for you to take pictures of her. Each lady has like 5 different poses that they randomly use.

I heard if you play music on your iPod they do a little dance for you as well! Haha!
Marurun wrote:Don’t mind-shart your pants, guys
AppleQueso

Post by AppleQueso »

hahahaa I'm gonna have to try that stuff next time I give MGS4 a spin
Luke
Next-Gen

Post by Luke »

MrEco wrote:Also, every game has posters of Japanese super models in bikini's hidden around in secret places.

Whomever has played MGS without looking at a poster of a bikini clad model while hiding in a locker has really, really missed out.
xan_racketBOY_fan
Next-Gen

Post by xan_racketBOY_fan »

Luke wrote:
MrEco wrote:Also, every game has posters of Japanese super models in bikini's hidden around in secret places.

Whomever has played MGS without looking at a poster of a bikini clad model while hiding in a locker has really, really missed out.

Pretty much -- this YouTube video captures Snake's priceless expression :lol: