First game you ever beat

Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
Bradtemple87
Next-Gen

Re: First game you ever beat

Post by Bradtemple87 »

alienjesus wrote:I have a feeling it was Streets of Rage for the sega mega drive.

YES :wink:
MY Sale/Trade Thread
viewtopic.php?f=22&t=27739
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

Inazuma wrote:I understand what you guys are saying about Mario 2. Being wrong a million times is more powerful than being right one time.

The correct way to pronounce the word "forte", meaning "one's strong point" is fort. However, so many people incorrectly pronounced it as fortay. So much so, that it ended up also being a correct pronunciation, and being added to the dictionary. Even though fort is still a correct pronunciation, it will be perceived as incorrect by the ignorant majority. Fort went from being correct to incorrect, all because the intelligent people were vastly outnumbered by ignorant people.

I really hate when stuff like this happens and I don't like to lower myself to their level, even if I am vastly outnumbered. You guys can continue to call the game Mario 2 and you are "right" because most people agree with you and it is the official name in the USA. I will specify it's a USA game because it is not actually Mario 2. All of us are right in different ways. I am actually right thanks to truth. You guys are right because there are many ignorant people who agree with you.

While it sounds like I am calling all of you idiots, that's not exactly right. If there are enough idiots who support each other, they stop being idiots, and can actually turn someone like me who sticks to the truth into the idiot.

I'd rather incorrectly refer to a game's title than come off the way you just did with this post.
itsmattxp
128-bit

Post by itsmattxp »

Pokemon Blue
alienjesus
Next-Gen

Post by alienjesus »

noiseredux wrote:
Inazuma wrote:I understand what you guys are saying about Mario 2. Being wrong a million times is more powerful than being right one time.

The correct way to pronounce the word "forte", meaning "one's strong point" is fort. However, so many people incorrectly pronounced it as fortay. So much so, that it ended up also being a correct pronunciation, and being added to the dictionary. Even though fort is still a correct pronunciation, it will be perceived as incorrect by the ignorant majority. Fort went from being correct to incorrect, all because the intelligent people were vastly outnumbered by ignorant people.

I really hate when stuff like this happens and I don't like to lower myself to their level, even if I am vastly outnumbered. You guys can continue to call the game Mario 2 and you are "right" because most people agree with you and it is the official name in the USA. I will specify it's a USA game because it is not actually Mario 2. All of us are right in different ways. I am actually right thanks to truth. You guys are right because there are many ignorant people who agree with you.

While it sounds like I am calling all of you idiots, that's not exactly right. If there are enough idiots who support each other, they stop being idiots, and can actually turn someone like me who sticks to the truth into the idiot.

I'd rather incorrectly refer to a game's title than come off the way you just did with this post.

There's nothing incorrect about the games title anyhow. PAL and US copies are named Mario Bros. 2, so that is what they are. They are not Doki Doki Panic, and they are not Mario Bros USA - that was the renaming of the game in that form in Japan, but we are not playing the japanese edition of the game, and we are not going to use the renamed name of the game for another country. Hell, the game isn't Doki Doki Panic anyhow - things have been changed and the game has been repackaged as Mario Bros 2, and that is the name given to this remixed Doki Doki Panic. Even if it was the same, why should I use the japanese name for it anyway? I dont use the japanese name for all the other games that have been brought out here.

We're not an ignorant majority, you're a pretentious stuck up minority with a holier-than-thou attitude.
jfrost
Next-Gen

Post by jfrost »

Inazuma wrote:I am actually right thanks to truth. You guys are right because there are many ignorant people who agree with you.

Likewise, you're an asshole thanks to your assholitude, not just because we all agree you are, even though we do.
scott33
16-bit

Post by scott33 »

Took a lot of thinking to remember (a sign of old age?), but the first game i beat was Advanced Dungeons and Dragons: Cloudy Mountain for the Intellivision. I think i was 6 or 7 years old! :lol:
Gunstar Green
Next-Gen

Post by Gunstar Green »

First game I ever beat was Kirby's Adventure. I remember how proud I was. Before that I only ever saw games beaten by my best friend's dad who always learned the tricks to games then showed them to us.
Bradtemple87
Next-Gen

Post by Bradtemple87 »

jfrost wrote:
Inazuma wrote:I am actually right thanks to truth. You guys are right because there are many ignorant people who agree with you.

Likewise, you're an asshole thanks to your assholitude, not just because we all agree you are, even though we do.

+1
MY Sale/Trade Thread
viewtopic.php?f=22&t=27739
Opa Opa

Post by Opa Opa »

Bradtemple87 wrote:
jfrost wrote:

+1

:lol:
---
But seriously guys; I think that's enough.
This really doesn't have anything to do with the "First game you ever beat".
Opa Opa

Post by Opa Opa »

scott33 wrote:Took a lot of thinking to remember (a sign of old age?), but the first game i beat was Advanced Dungeons and Dragons: Cloudy Mountain for the Intellivision. I think i was 6 or 7 years old! :lol:

Nothing is better than beating an Intellivision game. :)