First game you ever beat

Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
Limewater
Next-Gen

Re: First game you ever beat

Post by Limewater »

There are way too many ad hominem attacks on this thread, imo. Name-calling is rarely a great way to get people to listen to you or seriously consider your ideas, at least in my experience.

Also, I didn't think of this before, and I don't know if it counts, but I won several games of Hunt the Wumpus on the TI-99/4A. I did that before I beat Chip 'N Dale on the NES. I do still consider that one to be the first one I really "beat," though.
Systems: TI-99/4a, Commodore Vic-20, Atari 2600, NES, SMS, GB, Neo Geo MVS (Big Red 4-slot), Genesis, SNES, 3DO, PS1, N64, DC, PS2, GBA, GCN, NDSi, Wii
Tiamat
8-bit

Post by Tiamat »

It's hard to say, and I doubt I'll ever really know for sure, but I think the first game I ever beat was Kid Dracula on my GameBoy, largely because I think it was the one GameBoy game I actually owned at the time. There's a chance it was a borrowed copy of Kirby's Dreamland I beat first, but I'm pretty sure it was Kid Dracula.
It is better to die on one's feet than to live on one's knees.
-Albert Camus

Transition What (Tiamat's Blog)
I write fanfiction, and I no longer care who knows it.
MrPopo

Post by MrPopo »

Limewater wrote:There are way too many ad hominem attacks on this thread, imo. Name-calling is rarely a great way to get people to listen to you or seriously consider your ideas, at least in my experience.

I was going to say anything short of a lobotomy is rarely a great way to get people on the internet to listen to you or seriously consider your ideas.
Blizzard Entertainment Software Developer - All comments and views are my own and not representative of the company.
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

MrPopo wrote:
Limewater wrote:There are way too many ad hominem attacks on this thread, imo. Name-calling is rarely a great way to get people to listen to you or seriously consider your ideas, at least in my experience.

I was going to say anything short of a lobotomy is rarely a great way to get people on the internet to listen to you or seriously consider your ideas.

who's that handsome man? Is that Mr. Popo?