A new browser game every few days

Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
J T
Next-Gen

Re: A new browser game every few days

Post by J T »

I just finished the last level of normal mode in Give Up Robot 2.

Deaths = 418
Coins = 861
Time = 53:56:23
Score = 8,481,752

That game is brutally hard. I think I agree that I would not necessarily want more length to the game. I felt exhausted by it by the end, even though I think it is quite an enjoyable challenge. What they could do with it though is open the world up a bit so that you had more choice over where to go, but there were secret areas that would allow you to use some of the strategies you learn from playing the challenges in this game.
My contributions to the Racketboy site:
Browser Games ... Free PC Games ... Mixtapes ... Doujin Games ... SotC Poetry
YoshiEgg25
Next-Gen

Post by YoshiEgg25 »

First level

Score: 2,798,486
Coins: 234
Time: 14:34.28

Then I decided to stop being a masochist.
Gaming accomplishments:
Nibbler (marathon): 251,169,160 / Nibbler (one life): 5,263,360 (WR)
Donkey Kong: 423,100 [L12-1] (150th place as of 2019-01-15)
Super Smash Bros. (N64): Ranked top 5 in Wisconsin from Q1 2016 to Q2 2017
Shrek SuperSlam: won largest tournament in game's history (Shrekfest 2018)

Speedrun.com Profile (contains multiple WRs)
J T
Next-Gen

Post by J T »

BeGone
http://www.nplay.com/BeGone/

This is an online FPS. It's mainly impressive because it shows off the graphical capabilities of the Unity software for browser-based games. Nevertheless, the gameplay is still pretty fun if you have a high speed internet connection and can get a decent frame-rate. It plays similar to Counter Strike in that there are two teams competing against each other and if you die, you have to wait until the next round.
J T
Next-Gen

Post by J T »

Cardboard Box Assembler
http://games.adultswim.com/cardboard-bo ... -game.html

This game is a total brain bender. You have to run around these rotating boxes to find keys to open a door. It sounds simple, but it requires that you be able to imagine how objects will rotate in your mind. It's like a Rubick's cube platformer. Really weird. Great concept. Weird frame story. Definitely worth your time. I just played through all the main levels because I couldn't put it down. It's got that "just one more" quality to it.
AmishSamurai
Next-Gen

Post by AmishSamurai »

I like what I've played of this game so far. The cube physics are really brain-bending. When I land in a room with a gate, have all the keys, but can't advance because I'm not at the right angle- all of my hate.
MrPopo wrote:The life lesson here is jobs will come and go, but Earthbound will always be there for you.

I'm a girl btw
YoshiEgg25
Next-Gen

Post by YoshiEgg25 »

51/52 gems, bonuses 1, 2, and 4 solved. I cannot for the life of me get the last gem or beat the "arcade" on bonus level 3.
Gaming accomplishments:
Nibbler (marathon): 251,169,160 / Nibbler (one life): 5,263,360 (WR)
Donkey Kong: 423,100 [L12-1] (150th place as of 2019-01-15)
Super Smash Bros. (N64): Ranked top 5 in Wisconsin from Q1 2016 to Q2 2017
Shrek SuperSlam: won largest tournament in game's history (Shrekfest 2018)

Speedrun.com Profile (contains multiple WRs)
Ivo
Next-Gen

Post by Ivo »

Cube Some is Awe Some.

Another great concept here. Thanks JT! Reminds me a bit of Nudo (which I think it was also introduced to me in one of your threads).

A drawback of playing Cube Some: I just stopped playing and came to write this. When the cursor showed up inside the text box to post, my eyes automatically expected the cursor to fall down and flip the box around when reaching the bottom (true story).

Ivo.

Edit: finished it with all gems. You need to "cheat" for the last gem. I was speed-running several levels until I got to the last Chapter. Then I got all gems, the "god-mode unlockable" of the last Bonus chapter.
It is all moot as you can do most of the levels much faster (usually the designers disable the scoring when you activate this kind of thing...).
I had 9th position or better before finishing the last chapter. But trying with the god-mode I could lower my times on the two last levels by stupid amounts (I think I'm 5th currently on the scoreboards). The other guys probably redid all levels where the "god-mode" helps :/
J T
Next-Gen

Post by J T »

Ivo, did you see some sort of ending? I was surprised when I beat the last level it just went back to the map screen. Did I miss something?

I haven't beaten Bonus Levels 3 or 4 yet, and I'm still missing that one pesky gem in World VIII.

p.s. I thought of Nudo too. It plays differently, but they both feel like a mixture of rubick's cube and platformer. I think Nudo went a bit under the radar (even for an indie game), so I'm glad to hear someone else played.
Ivo
Next-Gen

Post by Ivo »

J T wrote:Ivo, did you see some sort of ending? I was surprised when I beat the last level it just went back to the map screen. Did I miss something?

I haven't beaten Bonus Levels 3 or 4 yet, and I'm still missing that one pesky gem in World VIII.

p.s. I thought of Nudo too. It plays differently, but they both feel like a mixture of rubick's cube and platformer. I think Nudo went a bit under the radar (even for an indie game), so I'm glad to hear someone else played.

I still need to play more Nudo, just played a few levels.

There is an ending - try replaying the last level to see it (probably do it after you unlock the last mode, it makes it less of a chore). I saw it the first time I finished the last level, and then again when replaying it with the unlockable.

If you want I can try recording it.

If anyone needs hints let me know. It took me a while to get the 2nd gem of the Portal level, and getting the 4th bonus is also a bit of a pain.

Ivo.
J T
Next-Gen

Post by J T »

Organ Trail
http://hatsproductions.com/organtrail.html

No, I did not spell Oregon incorrectly. I meant to spell Organ. This little flash game is a spoof of the original Oregon Trail game that many of us that grew up in the 80s with an Apple II computer in our school played for hours. This time, instead of being a pioneer and making the treck across the country along the Oregon Trail, you are instead a band of suvivors in the midst of a zombie apocalypse trying to get across the country to a safehouse.