Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
Breetai
Next-Gen

Re: Video Game Console Chronology - Magnavox Odyssey to DSi XL

by Breetai Thu Jan 06, 2011 7:37 pm

He's a member over at digitpress.com. He had basically EVERYTHING up for sale there last year.
mjmjr25

by mjmjr25 Thu Jan 06, 2011 7:41 pm

CRTGAMER wrote:The OP can be an arduous task of constant update edits, so many systems to categorize. What would be the cutoff considering older computers have cartridge ports and some consoles have add on keyboards. I feel the C64 is the most neglected "game console", some don't realize all the cart games available.

Breetai wrote:Here is the website of someone who did something very similar to what you are thinking of doing. He documented everything very well, and his pictures are wonderful. Although he has since sold off his collection, he still has his site up:

http://www.videogameconsolelibrary.com/index.html

:shock: BOOKMARKED!

Double bookmarked! WOW, what a site and resource, will be invaluable. That is pretty much what I am looking for, information-wise, now to :D consolodate :D to a list. A 1-568 list that fits on like 7-8 pages, year/console/region/etc, etc. Do keep adding to the thread, and then I will post a poll to establish parameters that the majority feels will be most useful. Then garner all the info on here, that site, other sites and hopefully come up w/something refined and useful to the community.
saturnfan
128-bit

by saturnfan Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:28 pm

I did not read through the entire thread, but in case no one mentioned it, I want to point out there are a ton of pong clones. I think there are over 50 of them, and they are all very much "video game consoles". Your quest to collect every system ever made is a daunting one. You could try to tract down the pong ones for years and never complete it, not to mention going for the mainstream systems. Neo Geo CD alone, comes in 3 flavors and the n64 came in several colors which could be considered separate systems to collect for a serious collector.
Opa Opa

by Opa Opa Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:32 pm

saturnfan wrote:[...]the n64 came in several colors which could be considered separate systems to collect for a serious collector.

The "Hey You Pikachu" Model... :mrgreen:
Breetai
Next-Gen

by Breetai Fri Jan 07, 2011 1:04 am

Opa Opa wrote:
saturnfan wrote:[...]the n64 came in several colors which could be considered separate systems to collect for a serious collector.

The "Hey You Pikachu" Model... :mrgreen:

How many Pikachu models (colour schemes) are there? I can think of two, but there could very well me more.
Marriott_Guy

by Marriott_Guy Fri Jan 07, 2011 5:55 am

Glad everyone found our website interesting. It is still a work in progress, but we are knocking it out bit by bit.

I can't assist with the handheld time line since we are focused on consoles (at this point), but here is a pretty comprehensive list of every programmable system that has been released:

http://www.videogameconsolelibrary.com/ ... t-name.htm

I still need to add this current gen systems along with some of the new oddballs (OnLive), but for the most part this is complete. Some clones are included, but to be honest I haven't kept up with them.

Looking forward to contributing to the community.
Terry | Marriott_Guy

The Video Game Console Library | http://www.videogameconsolelibrary.com
Opa Opa

by Opa Opa Fri Jan 07, 2011 11:27 am

Breetai wrote:How many Pikachu models (colour schemes) are there? I can think of two, but there could very well me more.
At least two?! To be honest, I've never heard of more than the blue/yellow color scheme.

Marriott_Guy wrote:Looking forward to contributing to the community.
And welcome to you, good sir.
xan_racketBOY_fan
Next-Gen

by xan_racketBOY_fan Fri Jan 07, 2011 11:32 am

Opa Opa wrote:At least two?! To be honest, I've never heard of more than the blue/yellow color scheme.

A quick Google search resulted in this:

Opa Opa

by Opa Opa Fri Jan 07, 2011 11:36 am

xan_racketBOY_fan wrote:[pic]

Oh great... Pumpkin Orange... Not exactly an appealing color for a console. :?
Breetai
Next-Gen

by Breetai Fri Jan 07, 2011 1:28 pm

Marriott_Guy wrote:Glad everyone found our website interesting. It is still a work in progress, but we are knocking it out bit by bit.

I can't assist with the handheld time line since we are focused on consoles (at this point), but here is a pretty comprehensive list of every programmable system that has been released:

http://www.videogameconsolelibrary.com/ ... t-name.htm

I still need to add this current gen systems along with some of the new oddballs (OnLive), but for the most part this is complete. Some clones are included, but to be honest I haven't kept up with them.

Looking forward to contributing to the community.

Welcome!
Return to General Gaming