How do you feel about more expensive ported games?

Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
Ivo
Next-Gen

Re: How do you feel about more expensive ported games?

Post by Ivo »

kingmohd84 wrote:At other times, things just don't seem to make sense.
World of Goo was being sold for "pay what you want" and people paid as low as $0.50 or maybe less. Now its being sold on the iPad for $10.
Not only that but look at this comparison ,
World of Goo(a digital copy on the iPad) , sells for $10 , yet a triple A titles likes Gears of War and Assassin's Creed are being sold for less than that !
And those are tangible , collectible, triple A full HD, "best of the year" games.

I don't mean to pick on World of Goo, just an example of many out there. You probably know better than me.

I think the "pay what you want" promotion has to be put into a bit of context. Those are time-limited for a reason. Part of what the devs get from that is that it exposes (by word of mouth after the time-limited promotion) the game to new customers which will then pay the "regular" price.

Ivo.
GigaPepsiMan
64-bit

Re: How do you feel about more expensive ported games?

Post by GigaPepsiMan »

Digital downloaded stuff is as fair/unfair as you want it to be. You probably could get certain games cheaper on the original hardware but for the sake of convenience you might as well download them for any of these reasons:
Easier to get hold of, you don't have to look for it, it doesn't take up space, you can get it in your home straight away with a short wait.
There are negatives that could be picked out but anyone for knows the positives and anyone against knows the negatives.