45%
noiseredux can write about whatever he wants
55%

Total votes : 56
xan_racketBOY_fan
Next-Gen

Re: Poll: Game Boy Player Land's Future

by xan_racketBOY_fan Tue Jan 04, 2011 1:02 pm

noiseredux wrote:20 GB articles and NO OTHER articles?

Me wants this - not to sound selfish or anything.
dsheinem
Next-Gen

by dsheinem Tue Jan 04, 2011 1:07 pm

xan_racketBOY_fan wrote:
noiseredux wrote:20 GB articles and NO OTHER articles?

Me wants this - not to sound selfish or anything.

ditto.
AppleQueso

by AppleQueso Tue Jan 04, 2011 1:09 pm

fastbilly1 wrote:keep it Gameboy Player related, anything else you want to write you can send to racket?

This is a great compromise idea I think.

You do have a unique thing going with your blog, diluting too much it might alienate some of your readers. You should probably stick to game boy stuff, or at least handheld stuff, for that blog at least.
Bradtemple87
Next-Gen

by Bradtemple87 Tue Jan 04, 2011 8:48 pm

This is getting a little intense :lol:
MY Sale/Trade Thread
viewtopic.php?f=22&t=27739
noiseredux
Next-Gen

by noiseredux Tue Jan 04, 2011 8:53 pm

Bradtemple87 wrote:This is getting a little intense :lol:

I feel it too.
noiseredux
Next-Gen

by noiseredux Fri Jan 07, 2011 11:02 am

I want to thank everybody who has given me feedback on this issue. The fact that that many of you actually CARE enough to have an opinion is awesome and means a lot to. I think ultimately you will see some other stuff trickle into the blog, because frankly it's not some dedicated website or company or whatever -- it's my personal blog. And as I get excited about it, I'm not going to be able to help myself but share it with everyone. However, fear not -- any transition will be as painless as possible. :) You're not going to go to the blog one day and see that it's now PSPlayer Land or anything. :lol: Certainly anything you see on there outside of the realm of GB will still have my same personality and slant on things. I don't think anything will feel as out of place as what some of you might be worried about. Besides that, I think regular readers know that I don't really do "game reviews," but instead I try to outline series, or compare/contrast ports, or highlight specific games from a more personal view (using anecdotes like in the case of why I can't get rid of the godawful Spider-Man 2 cart) or topical/seasonal things (like that time I talked about Malibu Beach Volleyball and the movie Side Out). Anything other than GB that seeps in to the blog will still hold this same tradition and should still feel like home.

Also, without ruining any big surprises there's a really gigantic project that I've been working on for the past 6 months or so that I'm still only about halfway done with. This project is completely original GB-related and pretty much ensures that I will constantly have a lot of GB-related crap on my mind to write about. So even if other consoles/etc get brought up, the GB posts should still remain the majority by necessity of my own OCD.
Return to General Gaming