Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
CFFJR
Next-Gen

Re: Games Beaten : 2011

by CFFJR Thu Jan 06, 2011 9:27 pm

Niode wrote:I consider Crazy Taxi beaten when you've done all of the Crazy Box and have a Crazy Licence ($20k+) on both Arcade and Original (if you're not playing the arcade original of course!). Something I tend to do every year. I think I've done it 4 or 5 times now. It's not hard to do. I managed to 100% the 360 port in a couple of hours (check my xbox live profile for proof).

I completely suck at Crazy Taxi.

I've always liked the game, and I've owned it since it released on Dreamcast. Try as I might though, I've never been able to get good at it.

Hell, I was better at The Simpsons Road Rage, and that game is nothing but Crazy Taxi with a license.

Its not for lack of trying. I really don't know what it is.
GameSack wrote:That's right, only Sega had the skill to make a proper Nintendo game.
jfe2
Next-Gen

by jfe2 Thu Jan 06, 2011 10:02 pm

Games Finished 2011

Call of Duty: Black Ops - 360
    Sonic and Knuckles - XBLA
    K.O.L.M. - PC
    Protect Me Knight aka Mamotte Knight - XBLA *new*

Total: 4

Protect Me Knight, also known as Mamotte Knight, is an absolute gem of a game that was released last year on the 360 as an XNA title. Graphically, it mimics an NES title, and even goes so far as to simulate blowing into a Famicom cartridge to get the game working at first! In Protect Me Knight, you play as a fighter, ninja, amazon, or mage, who must protect a princess from an onslaught of goblins, centaurs, dragons, zombies, and succubi. The game is played from a top-down perspective and has simple controls to either attack or use a special ability, which uses up MP. The game supports up to four players locally, and your character "levels up" based on how well you perform in each stage. It all adds up to make a very entertaining experience. If you have XBLA, at least download the trial version!

"The List" or "Games I intend on beating before the years end!"

Final Fantasy XIII - 360
    Pier Solar - Genesis
    Zaku - Lynx
    Fallout: New Vegas - 360
    Fable III - 360
    New Super Mario Bros. - Wii
    Mario and Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story - DS
    Donkey Kong Country Returns - Wii
    Legend of Wukong - Genesis
    Beggar Prince - Genesis
    Breath of Death VII - XNA
    Dishwasher: The Dead Samurai - XBLA
    Sonic and Knuckles - XBLA BEAT!
    Sonic CD - Sega CD
    Super Mario Bros. - NES
    Panzer Dragoon - Saturn
    Guardian Heroes - Saturn
    Earthbound - SNES
    Braid - XBLA
    Call of Duty: Black Ops - 360 BEAT!
noiseredux
Next-Gen

by noiseredux Fri Jan 07, 2011 11:44 pm

1. Mercs (PS2)

Ok, so my first game beaten of the year. This was a surprise, since I don't recall ever playing this one before. At any rate, I'm glad I didn't beat it in the arcade, because I wouldn't spend that many quarters really. But considering the PS2 port is set to free-play, I just treated the game as a playthrough. Sure I TRIED to not die -- but really I found the game pretty cheap. I mean it's not exactly Smash TV... but it's certainly designed to be a quarter-gobbler. But yeah it was fun. I much prefer y'know "space" shmups to the run-n-gun style, but this was a fun way to kill an hour.
ReddMcKnight
128-bit

by ReddMcKnight Sat Jan 08, 2011 7:10 am

I beat Super Mario USA and Super Mario Bros. 2 For Super Players the other night on Super Mario Collection. I recall hearing somewhere that someone from Japan said that Super Mario Bros. 2 was too hard for US Gamers. I'd like to hear them say that to my face. XD

Games done so far: 5
Made by the extremely talented MrAfterFx!
My Blog, Hardcore Old-School: http://www.rfgeneration.com/blogs/ReddMcKnight/
noiseredux
Next-Gen

by noiseredux Sat Jan 08, 2011 9:54 am

ReddMcKnight wrote:I beat Super Mario USA and Super Mario Bros. 2 For Super Players the other night on Super Mario Collection. I recall hearing somewhere that someone from Japan said that Super Mario Bros. 2 was too hard for US Gamers. I'd like to hear them say that to my face. XD

Games done so far: 5

y'know you're not Japanese.

SpaceBooger

by SpaceBooger Sat Jan 08, 2011 4:49 pm

Games Beaten in 2011:

*none yet

Games I Plan On Beating In 2011:
Together Retro games
Jan: Riviera – GBA
Feb: King of Fighters ’98 – Arcade (emulated)
Mar: Dark Forces – PC
Jun: Gradius III & Parodius – Arcade (emulated)
Jul: Rayman – PS1
Oct: Splatterhouse – Arcade (emulated)
Nov: Shining Force – VC
Previously Started Games
Batman Brave and the Bold Wii
A Boy and His Blob Wii
Cave Story WiiWare
Kalona Wii
Metroid: Other M Wii
Sonic Unleashed Wii
Super Mario Bros. NES (via All Stars)
Super Mario Bros. 2 NES (via All Stars)
Other Games
Drill Dozer GBA
Little Nemo The Dream Master NES
Pier Solar GEN (I realistically don’t plan on beating this NEWLY RELEASED Genesis game, but do plan on putting many hours into this RPG)
The Punisher Arcade (emulated)
Spawn SNES
Super Mario 64
Super Meat Boy PC
*This list may grow depending on what is released or purchased throughout the year.
BLOG | BST
Systems Owned: NES, Game Boy (Pocket & Advance SP) Genesis (SCD, 32X, Nomad), SNES,
Saturn, PS1, Dreamcast, XBox, PS2, Gamecube, Nintendo DS, Wii, PSP, PS3 and WiiU.
yomomma1
128-bit

by yomomma1 Sat Jan 08, 2011 4:58 pm

1. Deja Vu
2. Lunar Legend(new)

I heard that this wasn't the best port, I didn't have any problems with it though.
noiseredux
Next-Gen

by noiseredux Sat Jan 08, 2011 5:25 pm

yomomma1 wrote:1. Deja Vu
2. Lunar Legend(new)

I heard that this wasn't the best port, I didn't have any problems with it though.

I really liked the GBA port, even having grown up with the PS1 version.
noiseredux
Next-Gen

by noiseredux Sat Jan 08, 2011 6:18 pm

1. Mercs (PS2)
2. Darkstalkers 3 (PS1)

Wow, I actually beat this game the first time I played it. I had to use ONE continue (against Lilith). :shock: This was my first time playing the Darkstalkers series. It was great. I've read about the series many times, and I had used Morrigan in Capcom Vs SNK 2 previously, so I sort of felt like I knew how to use her a bit. It didn't take me too long to get accustomed to the buttons and even figure out some of her special moves on my own. One thing I really, really like is the whole no stopping between rounds. I think that's a really cool way to do the best-out-of-three thing. And now I'm wondering why more games don't use that format. It just flows so much better that way. Anyway, as a fighting game goes this one kind of blew my mind. The sprite work was amazing and the intensity is up there (I actually noticed my heart pounding during a couple of nail-biting rounds). Great game, and I will be playing the shit out of it a lot in the near future I'm sure. (Oh and thanks to AppleQueso who sold it to me :wink: ).
Ack

by Ack Sat Jan 08, 2011 7:39 pm

noiseredux wrote:1. Mercs (PS2)

Ok, so my first game beaten of the year. This was a surprise, since I don't recall ever playing this one before. At any rate, I'm glad I didn't beat it in the arcade, because I wouldn't spend that many quarters really. But considering the PS2 port is set to free-play, I just treated the game as a playthrough. Sure I TRIED to not die -- but really I found the game pretty cheap. I mean it's not exactly Smash TV... but it's certainly designed to be a quarter-gobbler. But yeah it was fun. I much prefer y'know "space" shmups to the run-n-gun style, but this was a fun way to kill an hour.

Was that the version in the Capcom Classics Collection, Vol. 1?
I have a movie review website now: https://moviereviewsbyamook.com/
Return to General Gaming