Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
swiftzx
Next-Gen

Re: Games Beaten : 2011

Post by swiftzx »

Buck and the coin of destiny (iPhone)
FIFA 10 (DS)
Total games beat:2

Buck is the rabbit in gamestop commercials and that being said, it is one of those tap to jump platformer that the screen moves for you. The game is generous in giving you hearts and invincibility and took about 30 minutes to beat. Also the cutscenes are cool.

I beat a season of the EPL with Tottenham. The AI is dumb in the game, as I can easily score 3+ goals on the highest difficulty. The game is your standard soccer game and where you can buy players and make the team that you want. The Ds screen is used for free kicks and penalty kicks. Other than that the top screen is where the action is happening and the bottom is your map.
Sale thread (please buy!): viewtopic.php?f=22&t=19428
ReddMcKnight
128-bit

Post by ReddMcKnight »

Just completed Yoshi's Island for SNES! :D

Done so far: 3

I noticed that Yoshi didn't come out of Bowser's Castle when he blew it up and raised the flag at the end. I wonder what happened to him.
Made by the extremely talented MrAfterFx!
My Blog, Hardcore Old-School: http://www.rfgeneration.com/blogs/ReddMcKnight/
Luke
Next-Gen

Post by Luke »

noiseredux wrote:
dsheinem wrote:You beat Madden when you win the Super Bowl in single player,

agree 100%

Yeah, lets not turn this thread into defining what it is to beat the game, rather just explain how you beat the game. Oh, and I'm close to editing my first post. I want to play the game a few more times so it's fresh on the brain as they say.
heelsinc
32-bit

Post by heelsinc »

Zathura (X-Box) This game pretty much sucked but I have been going through X-box trying to complete every game for that system. You can basically just run past all enemies. Took about 4 hours to beat.
lorryguy

Post by lorryguy »

Just beat Black Ops on Regular.

At first, the story was very slow and uninteresting but after the 3rd or 4th mission the story quickly progressed and the story got very interesting. The storyline also introduces a new "EndGame" scenario which is much needed. Every other game focuses on a nuclear apocalypse or an EMP but this game introduces chemical warfare. The story is also scary because it seems so real. The developers kept using flashbacks to give the story detail and introduce (and kill off) very important characters. I never really felt bad about video games where I shoot Russians or terrorists because I didn't really connect with them. This game is sad because all the enemy soldiers are just regular guys and during cutscenes you can sometimes see a soldier disobey the inhumane orders that were given to him. Also at one point you have to kill British soldiers which was a big bummer for me. The ending got a little unrealistic however with (spoiler alert) huge underwater Cuban bases (Cubans can barely swim across the Gulf of Mexico so how can they build such a large underwater structure?) that you have to eradicate. After watching the sad ending and while you watch the credits, you feel a little scared because of the realism as well as sad for all the characters until you find yourself watching a cutscene of Kennedy, McNamara, Nixon, and Castro laughing and drinking together in the Pentagon.

Overall, I would give this game's story a high rating. It's slow to start but once it does you won't want to put the controller down. The game introduces a new concept as well as keeps the player thinking. The game is what I call a "Thinker" much like the movies Shutter Island and Inception. It just makes you wonder....
Last edited by lorryguy on Sun Jan 02, 2011 3:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
War. War Never Changes.

SwooshBear
Next-Gen

Post by SwooshBear »

Call of Duty 4: Modern warfare (ps3)
Soul Calibur 3 (ps2)
Total: 2

I was never really into fighters until I joined racketboy. Soul calibur is just about the first fighter I beat. I like how it's like 3D yet in a classic fighter 2D fighting view. Best way I can explain it. One thing I liked is how much of a replay value it has. Fighters are the best multiplayer games IMO. I want to get other fighters, since I've only played SC and mortal kombat. Marvel vs capcom 3 looks good, I might try that. Next up is Yoshi's island.

I have a new years goal of beating a game on each system I own. (excluding handhelds, since Ive beaten every psp/gb game I have)
Incognito D wrote:Mere months after buying my original GBA, Nintendo trolled me hard by releasing the SP.

Check me out on twitter: SwooshBear742
dsheinem
Next-Gen

Post by dsheinem »

SwooshBear wrote:I have a new years goal of beating a game on each system I own.

Good goal. I had the same one last year, and intend to do the same this year :D

Also, for those who are new to the thread this year, most of the time last year people posted after they had beaten several games at a time (or perhaps one long one) and kept a running list going instead of just posting one game at a time. Give it a read - you might find some great ideas for this year from my choice for the forum's thread of the year.
porygon
24-bit

Post by porygon »

So far, just PokéPark Wii haha
<3
lorryguy

Post by lorryguy »

CoD: Black Ops
Fallout: New Vegas [New]

Just beat Fallout: New Vegas on my XBox 360. I've been a fan of Fallout since Fallout 3 and absolutely adored Fallout 3. The first disappointment of New Vegas was the soundtrack. In Fallout 3, I used to jam to Three Dog's continuous news updates as well as the song choice. The songs went hand-in-hand with the post-apocalyptic D.C. environment. The songs for New Vegas seemed to fit with the Mojave desert setting but just didn't make the cut. The songs also seemed to be on shuffle as I would sometimes find myself listening to "Big Iron" for the 3rd time in a row. Very quickly I turned the radio off..
One new improvement to New Vegas that I absolutely loved was iron sights. I am a huge handgun fan and so being able to aim down the sights really helped me save ammunition.
As the main storyline goes it was a huge disappointment. The new story allows the player to choose his destiny by siding with one of four factions to complete the game. This is a great feature to help keep the game less-linear, but being the completionist as I am, it forces me to play the game at least 4 times to finish the story from each faction's point of view. I first beat it through the somewhat-democratic NCR quests and found myself finishing the final battle within 5 minutes. Throughout the game everyone talks about the "huge battle" or the "powderkeg about to go off" and the end was very easy and was extremely anti-climatic. You can even pass speech checks to avoid fighting the final "boss".
Overall, I love the game for exploration purposes because every location on the map has its own story to tell. You can also help broken up factions join together such as the Enclave (which are the best). Each follower you have also has their own story to tell which helps you connect with the character. (I myself have always been a fan of Arcade Gannon's story and smart aleck personality.) The game loses points for soundtrack and main storyline but gains points for being a game of discovery with sad stories that helps you connect with the world before the war.
Plus it has some epic Monty Python references.
War. War Never Changes.

dsheinem
Next-Gen

Post by dsheinem »

lorryguy wrote:
Plus it has some epic Monty Python references.

My interest in this game just went up considerably. I need to get Black Ops for Zork and New Vegas for the Python references.