Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
User avatar
Gamerforlife
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 10185
Joined: Thu Jul 12, 2007 5:15 pm
Location: Florida

Re: Games Beaten : 2011

by Gamerforlife Sun Dec 25, 2011 12:57 pm

MrHealthy wrote:Can I ask why you always put it as PS 3 instead of PS3? I just find it odd as no one else adds in the space.


Yeah, I guess you're right. I guess I just always do it that way because when you see Playstation 3 anywhere, there is always a space before the 3, but I guess people don't do that when they abbreviate it
RyaNtheSlayA wrote:
Seriously. Screw you Shao Kahn I'm gonna play Animal Crossing.
User avatar
MrHealthy
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 1200
Joined: Fri Nov 06, 2009 6:46 am
Location: Wellington, New Zealand

Re: Games Beaten : 2011

by MrHealthy Sun Dec 25, 2011 1:48 pm

Haha, I thought maybe having them all together was a pet peeve or something.
Image
User avatar
BoringSupreez
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 9740
Joined: Wed Feb 11, 2009 10:09 pm
Location: Tokyo

Re: Games Beaten : 2011

by BoringSupreez Sun Dec 25, 2011 2:46 pm

Just beat Half-Life 2 again last night. It's still as good as ever, despite its age. Now, I have to decide which to play next: HL2 Episode 1, Batman Arkham City, or inFamous 2?
prfsnl_gmr wrote:There is nothing feigned about it. What I wrote is a display of actual moral superiority.
User avatar
Stark
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 9578
Joined: Wed Jan 05, 2011 8:43 pm
Location: Low Overhead Marysville, WA

Re: Games Beaten : 2011

by Stark Sun Dec 25, 2011 6:43 pm

BoringSupreez wrote:Just beat Half-Life 2 again last night. It's still as good as ever, despite its age. Now, I have to decide which to play next: HL2 Episode 1, Batman Arkham City, or inFamous 2?


Don't play HL2: Ep 1 until Ep 3 is out. I would play Batman: Arkham City personally over inFamous 2, even though I like both.
Let strength be granted, so the world might be mended...so the world might be mended.
User avatar
Gamerforlife
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 10185
Joined: Thu Jul 12, 2007 5:15 pm
Location: Florida

Re: Games Beaten : 2011

by Gamerforlife Sun Dec 25, 2011 9:21 pm

Stark wrote:
BoringSupreez wrote:Just beat Half-Life 2 again last night. It's still as good as ever, despite its age. Now, I have to decide which to play next: HL2 Episode 1, Batman Arkham City, or inFamous 2?


Don't play HL2: Ep 1 until Ep 3 is out. I would play Batman: Arkham City personally over inFamous 2, even though I like both.


I hate to rag on the Infamous games, because they come from the same developers that gave me my beloved Sly Cooper games, but there is a vast ocean of difference when it comes to the quality of the Infamous games and the Batman games. Infamous isn't even in Batman's league
RyaNtheSlayA wrote:
Seriously. Screw you Shao Kahn I'm gonna play Animal Crossing.
User avatar
BoringSupreez
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 9740
Joined: Wed Feb 11, 2009 10:09 pm
Location: Tokyo

Re: Games Beaten : 2011

by BoringSupreez Sun Dec 25, 2011 11:03 pm

Gamerforlife wrote:
Stark wrote:
BoringSupreez wrote:Just beat Half-Life 2 again last night. It's still as good as ever, despite its age. Now, I have to decide which to play next: HL2 Episode 1, Batman Arkham City, or inFamous 2?


Don't play HL2: Ep 1 until Ep 3 is out. I would play Batman: Arkham City personally over inFamous 2, even though I like both.


I hate to rag on the Infamous games, because they come from the same developers that gave me my beloved Sly Cooper games, but there is a vast ocean of difference when it comes to the quality of the Infamous games and the Batman games. Infamous isn't even in Batman's league

I can tell when I play inFamous and Arkham Asylum that AA is certainly the deeper, higher quality game of the two, but for some reason I find inFamous every bit as fun as AA IMO.
prfsnl_gmr wrote:There is nothing feigned about it. What I wrote is a display of actual moral superiority.
User avatar
Stark
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 9578
Joined: Wed Jan 05, 2011 8:43 pm
Location: Low Overhead Marysville, WA

Re: Games Beaten : 2011

by Stark Mon Dec 26, 2011 9:26 pm

BoringSupreez wrote:
Gamerforlife wrote:I hate to rag on the Infamous games, because they come from the same developers that gave me my beloved Sly Cooper games, but there is a vast ocean of difference when it comes to the quality of the Infamous games and the Batman games. Infamous isn't even in Batman's league

I can tell when I play inFamous and Arkham Asylum that AA is certainly the deeper, higher quality game of the two, but for some reason I find inFamous every bit as fun as AA IMO.


I'm in the middle of you two, inFamous 2 is very fun, but it's not Batman, but I also wouldn't call it a vast ocean of difference.
Let strength be granted, so the world might be mended...so the world might be mended.
User avatar
Gamerforlife
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 10185
Joined: Thu Jul 12, 2007 5:15 pm
Location: Florida

Re: Games Beaten : 2011

by Gamerforlife Wed Dec 28, 2011 5:43 am

Games Beaten:
Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin for the DS
Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light for the PS3
Sonic 4: Episode 1 for the PS3
Donkey Kong Country Returns for the Wii
Oddworld: Munch's Oddysee for the original Xbox
Portal 2(PS3)
Flower(Playstation Network)
Darksiders (PS3)
Alice Madness Returns(Xbox 360)
The Dishwasher Vampire Smiles(Xbox 360)
Heavy Rain (PS 3)
Plants vs Zombies Game of the Year - PC Steam version
Outland - PS 3
Catherine - PS 3
Beyond Good and Evil HD - PS 3 and 360(I love Jade enough to buy this twice)
BATMAN: ARKHAM CITY - PS 3
Shank - PS 3

RAYMAN ORIGINS - PS3

Oddly enough, there doesn't seem to be a trophy for beating this. I talked about this game quite a bit in the Rayman Origins thread. Overall, it's a pretty good platformer, but not quite as good as reviewers are making it out to be. Some of the level designs are annoying and collecting stuff is kind of a pain in the butt. Remember how FUN collecting stuff was in Donkey Kong Country and Donkey Kong Country 2? I miss those days.

It's worth checking out though, the humor and bizarreness of the game is very similar to the Earthworm Jim games and one or two levels even reminded me of levels in those games. The game just didn't knock my socks off quite like I expected, given all the buzz it's gotten. I might have been more impressed if it was a PSN/Xbox Live Arcade game, like it was originally intended. It probably would have sold more too I bet, given that its sales figures were reportedly very, very low. Interesting to see Ubisoft screw Ancel over yet again by releasing the game at a time where there are tons of other major titles out. It's Beyond Good and Evil all over again.
RyaNtheSlayA wrote:
Seriously. Screw you Shao Kahn I'm gonna play Animal Crossing.
User avatar
noiseredux
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 37789
Joined: Fri Nov 14, 2008 1:09 pm

Re: Games Beaten : 2011

by noiseredux Wed Dec 28, 2011 8:59 am

Gamerforlife wrote:
MrHealthy wrote:Can I ask why you always put it as PS 3 instead of PS3? I just find it odd as no one else adds in the space.


Yeah, I guess you're right. I guess I just always do it that way because when you see Playstation 3 anywhere, there is always a space before the 3, but I guess people don't do that when they abbreviate it


I was going to ask too actually, but then I figured I already got finalfightcd to stop calling his Genesis a "sega," so I didn't wanna be that guy y'know? :lol:

BTW, gamerforlife I find your Games Beaten list really interesting. I've not played most of them, but they are almost all games that I am interested in trying at some point.
Image
User avatar
BoringSupreez
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 9740
Joined: Wed Feb 11, 2009 10:09 pm
Location: Tokyo

Re: Games Beaten : 2011

by BoringSupreez Wed Dec 28, 2011 12:59 pm

I put in a major game playing session yesterday (8 hours), and finished off Arkham City. I daresay, it's actually a better game than AA (and we all know AA was great.) I enjoyed the atmosphere and environment of Arkham City more than I did that of the asylum. I'm hoping they make a third game where the villains aren't in jail at all, they're out in the wild of Gotham City. The player would have to catch, subdue, and send them off to jail, sort of like in the original Mercenaries.
prfsnl_gmr wrote:There is nothing feigned about it. What I wrote is a display of actual moral superiority.
Return to General Gaming

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests