Games Beaten : 2011

Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
Ack

Re: Games Beaten : 2011

Post by Ack »

swiftzx wrote:A couple of questions:

How do you consider a fighting game beat? Also, how do consider a game like crazy taxi beat? S ranking?

Actually we debated this point last year over fighting games. I consider a run through story mode (or arcade if no story mode is present) to be beating the game. Originally that was all there was to a fighting game, so at the end of the day, that's how I see it. Now completing a game takes a lot more, including beating it on higher difficulty settings, seeing the endings, unlocking characters, finishing alternate game modes, etc.

As for Crazy Taxi, I have no idea.
SwooshBear
Next-Gen

Post by SwooshBear »

Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare *NEW*

Total: 1

I played the campaign before, but i didn't really have a chance to beat it since i didn't own a copy of it myself. i always preferred mw1 online multiplayer over the other newer cod titles. Campaign however seemed really short, like each mission was shorter that mw2 IMO. Campaign was fun, and i really enjoy the Soap/Price storyline. I never pay attention to the us storyline. The british guys are way cooler. Mw might be overrated, but its still a fun console fps game.
Incognito D wrote:Mere months after buying my original GBA, Nintendo trolled me hard by releasing the SP.

Check me out on twitter: SwooshBear742
dsheinem
Next-Gen

Post by dsheinem »

Ack wrote:

How do you consider a fighting game beat?

Actually we debated this point last year over fighting games. I consider a run through story mode (or arcade if no story mode is present) to be beating the game. Originally that was all there was to a fighting game, so at the end of the day, that's how I see it.

Yeah, I counted fighting games if I got all the way through on one credit or (if the game was much tougher) a set amount of continues (I usually allot myself like $1 or something worth of credits for an especially tough fighting game). Most of the 6 fighting games I beat last year were 1cc runs.

I wish I could say the same for shmups...
Gamerforlife
Next-Gen

Post by Gamerforlife »

Ack wrote:

How do you consider a fighting game beat? Also, how do consider a game like crazy taxi beat? S ranking?

Actually we debated this point last year over fighting games. I consider a run through story mode (or arcade if no story mode is present) to be beating the game. Originally that was all there was to a fighting game, so at the end of the day, that's how I see it. Now completing a game takes a lot more, including beating it on higher difficulty settings, seeing the endings, unlocking characters, finishing alternate game modes, etc.

As for Crazy Taxi, I have no idea.

I don't really think you CAN beat a fighting game. Since beating a game is usually applied to games with a single player focus and fighters are always more about the multi-player, human competition. Saying you beat a fighting game is sort of like saying you beat a Madden game. You don't REALLY beat games like this in my opinion
RyaNtheSlayA wrote:
Seriously. Screw you Shao Kahn I'm gonna play Animal Crossing.
dsheinem
Next-Gen

Post by dsheinem »

Gamerforlife wrote:Saying you beat a fighting game is sort of like saying you beat a Madden game. You don't REALLY beat games like this in my opinion

You beat Madden when you win the Super Bowl in single player, something I try to do every year. After that you can play more seasons, but I consider those the equivalent of "loops".

EDIT: Generally we counted games as beaten last year if we got to a credits screen or to the second loop. How you get there and whether you count it is up to you :)
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

dsheinem wrote:You beat Madden when you win the Super Bowl in single player,

agree 100%
YoshiEgg25
Next-Gen

Post by YoshiEgg25 »

Octodad (PC) NEW

Total: 1

So what if I beat this game last year? I beat it again this year. It's that awesome.
Gaming accomplishments:
Nibbler (marathon): 251,169,160 / Nibbler (one life): 5,263,360 (WR)
Donkey Kong: 423,100 [L12-1] (150th place as of 2019-01-15)
Super Smash Bros. (N64): Ranked top 5 in Wisconsin from Q1 2016 to Q2 2017
Shrek SuperSlam: won largest tournament in game's history (Shrekfest 2018)

Speedrun.com Profile (contains multiple WRs)
hashiriya1
Next-Gen

Post by hashiriya1 »

DoDonPachi DFK 1.5 *new*
Gamerforlife
Next-Gen

Post by Gamerforlife »

dsheinem wrote:
Gamerforlife wrote:Saying you beat a fighting game is sort of like saying you beat a Madden game. You don't REALLY beat games like this in my opinion

You beat Madden when you win the Super Bowl in single player, something I try to do every year. After that you can play more seasons, but I consider those the equivalent of "loops".

EDIT: Generally we counted games as beaten last year if we got to a credits screen or to the second loop. How you get there and whether you count it is up to you :)

Yeah, I guess that's cool. I remember when I used to think I was weird for playing fighters solo and just seeing everyone's endings while I figured other people were only playing these games when they had human friends to play against. I guess it's not so odd to play a fighter solo every now and then
RyaNtheSlayA wrote:
Seriously. Screw you Shao Kahn I'm gonna play Animal Crossing.
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

Gamerforlife wrote:
Yeah, I guess that's cool. I remember when I used to think I was weird for playing fighters solo and just seeing everyone's endings while I figured other people were only playing these games when they had human friends to play against. I guess it's not so odd to play a fighter solo every now and then

well for those of us who have no "human friends" who play games, this is really our only option... :|