Games Beaten : 2011

Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
Gamerforlife
Next-Gen

Re: Games Beaten : 2011

Post by Gamerforlife »

noiseredux wrote:
Gamerforlife wrote:
Yeah, I guess that's cool. I remember when I used to think I was weird for playing fighters solo and just seeing everyone's endings while I figured other people were only playing these games when they had human friends to play against. I guess it's not so odd to play a fighter solo every now and then

well for those of us who have no "human friends" who play games, this is really our only option... :|

Yeah, I know what you mean. Used to drive me nuts in high school and college when I had friends who were into geeky stuff like comic books, D&D, sci fi, yet very few that were gaming geeks. Hence why present day me seems to be more into single player games I guess
RyaNtheSlayA wrote:
Seriously. Screw you Shao Kahn I'm gonna play Animal Crossing.
Ack

Post by Ack »

Gamerforlife wrote:
noiseredux wrote:
Gamerforlife wrote:
Yeah, I guess that's cool. I remember when I used to think I was weird for playing fighters solo and just seeing everyone's endings while I figured other people were only playing these games when they had human friends to play against. I guess it's not so odd to play a fighter solo every now and then

well for those of us who have no "human friends" who play games, this is really our only option... :|

Yeah, I know what you mean. Used to drive me nuts in high school and college when I had friends who were into geeky stuff like comic books, D&D, sci fi, yet very few that were gaming geeks. Hence why present day me seems to be more into single player games I guess

Ah man, I'm sorry to hear that. I had buddies that loved to play games together, especially Soul Calibur. That was our baby. We used to have entire afternoons of nothing but SC fights, followed by a few rounds of multiplayer Hexen on the N64. I was second best in SC of my friends, mainly because the best was a Sophitia player who had mastered all her juggles...

Anyway guys, the 2010 thread ended up being 91 pages. Think we can beat enough games to break 100 this year?
CFFJR
Next-Gen

Post by CFFJR »

The discussion at hand makes me wonder, is there any way one could consider an MMO to be "beaten"?

I would imagine hitting the level cap, but...
GameSack wrote:That's right, only Sega had the skill to make a proper Nintendo game.
jfe2
Next-Gen

Post by jfe2 »

I loved last years thread, as it helped me clear out a ton of stuff that was in my backlog. This year, however, I intend to make an almighty list of games that I need to beat, with the goal of clearing said list by year's end.

The List

Final Fantasy XIII - 360
Pier Solar - Genesis
Zaku - Lynx
Fallout: New Vegas - 360
Fable III - 360
New Super Mario Bros. - Wii
Super Princess Peach - DS
Mario and Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story - DS
Donkey Kong Country Returns - Wii
Legend of Wukong - Genesis
Beggar Prince - Genesis
Breath of Death VII - XNA
Cthulu Saves the World - XNA
Dishwasher: The Dead Samurai - XBLA
Sonic and Knuckles - XBLA
Sonic CD - Sega CD
Super Mario Bros. - NES
Panzer Dragoon - Saturn
Panzer Dragoon Zwei - Saturn
Panzer Dragoon Saga - Saturn
Panzer Dragoon Orta - Xbox
Guardian Heroes - Saturn
Earthbound - SNES
Splatterhouse - TG-16
Call of Duty: Black Ops - 360

I should be able to clear this list no problem, I just need to try and keep myself from letting too many new releases work their way into my schedule!

Thanks to Luke for making last year's, and this year's, topics! I'm looking forward to seeing what he has in mind for the new format. :)
alienjesus
Next-Gen

Post by alienjesus »

jfe2 wrote:I loved last years thread, as it helped me clear out a ton of stuff that was in my backlog. This year, however, I intend to make an almighty list of games that I need to beat, with the goal of clearing said list by year's end.

The List

You know what? A list sounds like a good idea. My mission is to beat at least half of my games this year, old and new combined (including what I get over the year. So here's a list of 38 of my currently 75 unbeaten games for me to aim to beat (it might not happen, but at least I have a target!)

1. Pop Island Paperfield
2. Advance Wars 2
3. Final Fantasy IV
4. Parodius
5. Probotector 2
6.Warioland 2
7. Billy Hatcher
8. Metroid
9. Metroid Prime 2
10. Metroid Prime 3
11. Metroid Prime Hunters
12. Wave Race Blue Storm
13. Mega Bomberman
14. Aerial Assault
15. Advance Wars Dark Conflict
16. Lunar Knights
17. Final Fantasy III
18. Scribblenauts
19. Starfox Command
20. Punchout!!
21. Faselei!
22. Fantasy Zone
23.Phantasy star
24. Super Punch Out
25. Discworld
26. Blazing Lasers
27. Bio Miracle Bokutte Upa
28. Ristar
29. Kirby's Dream Land 3
30. Wonder Boy in Monster Land
31. Super Probotector
32. Mario Bros 2
33. Mario Bros 3
34. Lostwinds 2
35. Sin and Punishment 2
36. A Boy and his Blob
37. Art Style Orbient
38. Bomberman '93

I predict I'll actually beat about 15 or 20 of that, and the rest will get ignored in favour of newer shinier stuff.
Last edited by alienjesus on Sat Jan 01, 2011 7:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gamerforlife
Next-Gen

Post by Gamerforlife »

A list? Geez, you people and your organization :lol:

Seriously though, I need to try and do that too, and maybe start really using that backloggery account that I have
RyaNtheSlayA wrote:
Seriously. Screw you Shao Kahn I'm gonna play Animal Crossing.
Ack

Post by Ack »

Gamerforlife wrote:A list? Geez, you people and your organization :lol:

Seriously though, I need to try and do that too, and maybe start really using that backloggery account that I have

Yeah, that would probably be a good idea. It's helped me immensely to keep track of it all, and the large number of unbeaten games I currently have listed serves as a great reminder why I need to beat these suckers.

As for what I intend to play, I've started a tour of fighters that I really want to extend to other consoles. I definitely need to whittle down the number of RPGs I have to get through, and I'm very close to the end of Front Mission 3, but I just can't work up the willpower to actually beat that bloody game. I'm thinking I might force my way through Final Fantasy: Mystic Quest in the upcoming months. My overall goal is to get my Backloggery down to 50%, but once I do, I'm going to start adding my girlfriend's games to the list, so it's going to end up going right back up.
SwooshBear
Next-Gen

Post by SwooshBear »

I have a huge list of games I need to beat, most of them are games that are my dads that I didn't know how good they were until actually looking into them.
Incognito D wrote:Mere months after buying my original GBA, Nintendo trolled me hard by releasing the SP.

Check me out on twitter: SwooshBear742
YoshiEgg25
Next-Gen

Post by YoshiEgg25 »

Octodad (PC)
Serious Sam HD: The First Encounter - Co-op (PC) NEW

Total: 2

Blasted through this game on co-op with GSZX1337 and some others. Pretty standard fare for FPS, really. Set in ancient Egypt, you have to collect these things for some reason so you can stop aliens in the future. Or something. In any case, I beat an FPS!
Gaming accomplishments:
Nibbler (marathon): 251,169,160 / Nibbler (one life): 5,263,360 (WR)
Donkey Kong: 423,100 [L12-1] (150th place as of 2019-01-15)
Super Smash Bros. (N64): Ranked top 5 in Wisconsin from Q1 2016 to Q2 2017
Shrek SuperSlam: won largest tournament in game's history (Shrekfest 2018)

Speedrun.com Profile (contains multiple WRs)
cabrando
24-bit

Post by cabrando »

Ninja Senki - PC

Graphics
Good looking retro-style graphics.

Controls
Perfect. Supports a gamepad besides just having keyboard controls. It was the first PC platformer I've felt comfortable using the keyboard. The default control scheme is A - left, D-right, J-attack, K-shoot. This configuration works very well and I will be using it on games that don't support a gamepad.

Comments
Definitely inspired by the original Mega Man series. There are 16 stages and around stage 10 the heat gets turned up. The boss battles are just ok in my opinion and are relatively easy compared to the rest of the game. It's free and for Windows only, I highly recommend it.

Game List (2)
Chop Chop Caveman - iPhone
Ninja Senki - PC

Systems
iPhone - 1
PC - 1

Genres
Platformer - 2