Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
Opa Opa

You ever clean all your games in one day?

by Opa Opa Fri Dec 31, 2010 3:01 pm

To mods: While this probably belongs in "the garage" section. I don't need technical advice. If you feel it needs to be moved please do so. I apologize up front if it does need to be moved.

I just cleaned all 48 of my NES games... And after that I cleaned my nes and sega genesis. I---Am---Tired!!! While I have absolutely no intention of cleaning any other games for a while I'm getting mentally drained by just looking at all the other carts I have to clean. What makes it worthwhile, though, is that I know I won't have to do it for another 15+ years.

Anybody else just sit down and clean parts of or your entire game collection in a day?
girlracer
Next-Gen

Re: You ever clean all your games in one day?

by girlracer Fri Dec 31, 2010 3:09 pm

i've done it once, now i think the collection is too big, it would prob take me 2 days.

at this point i'm just wanting to find the time and energy to take pictures of it all.
scott33
16-bit

by scott33 Fri Dec 31, 2010 3:21 pm

I always try to do that right after i get cartridge games... otherwise i'll end up forgetting to do it later. I've come across some pretty disgusting carts from yard sales.
optmusprimenumber
Next-Gen

by optmusprimenumber Fri Dec 31, 2010 3:34 pm

never cleaned everything in one day. but i have spent a good portion of days saving some nasty consoles and controllers... disassembling, wiping, air gun action, soaking, scrubbing, drying, reassembling, even sanding and polishing at times (i still have nightmares about that N64) ... it's almost fun tho
Opa Opa

by Opa Opa Fri Dec 31, 2010 3:42 pm

optmusprimenumber wrote:it's almost fun tho

I have fun with cleaning when I'm saving a broken game/console/etc but general maintenance is incredibly boring... :|
Hobie-wan
Next-Gen

by Hobie-wan Fri Dec 31, 2010 4:43 pm

I've done it all as I acquired it so it hasn't been that bad. I didn't start collecting until 2003 or so and I've only had 2 ridiculously large hauls where the counters in the kitchen were completely covered with drying shells.
Satoshi_Matrix
Next-Gen

by Satoshi_Matrix Fri Dec 31, 2010 4:50 pm

cleaning carts is pretty easy and can be enjoyable in a way. I wrote a tutorial for cleaning carts. I went through nearly 200 NES games in a day. You can have them cleaned up in sometimes 30 seconds!

http://satoshimatrix.wordpress.com/2010 ... -contacts/
Opa Opa

by Opa Opa Fri Dec 31, 2010 4:59 pm

Satoshi_Matrix wrote:http://satoshimatrix.wordpress.com/2010/11/27/how-to-clean-cartridge-contacts/

Nice guide but shouldn't you use a white eraser instead of a pink eraser?
hashiriya1
Next-Gen

by hashiriya1 Fri Dec 31, 2010 5:46 pm

I do a quick spray with Electrosolve and I am done with it. It always works. No matter how dirty a cart is, this stuff always worked wonders. You don't have to dry it, just spray and it dries in seconds.

arion
Next-Gen

by arion Fri Dec 31, 2010 10:46 pm

I usually just clean my carts while im watching something on tv doesn't feel much like work that way.
Return to General Gaming