Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
Original_Name
Next-Gen

Radiant Silvergun price after XBLA release

by Original_Name Thu Dec 30, 2010 6:20 am

Hey, I was wondering if any of the game-trading veterans out there could give me a prediction of how the XBLA release of RSG will affect the cost of the Saturn version on eBay and the like. Can one hope for a future where a spineless copy can be bought and played on a Saturn for $70-80, maybe?
dsheinem
Next-Gen

Re: Radiant Silvergun price after XBLA release

by dsheinem Thu Dec 30, 2010 6:26 am

I doubt it will effect price very much - most people who buy it want it for collectible purposes as well as to play. People who just want to play it have been pirating it for years.

That said, I do see a couple of incomplete copies have sold for around $100 on eBay in the past few weeks, so there may be hope for you yet!

Also - we have some discussion of this issue here: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=24763
Bootaaay
128-bit

by Bootaaay Thu Dec 30, 2010 6:27 am

There wasn't any significant reduction in price when Triggerheart Exelica became an XBLA game - same goes for Ikaruga XBLA (and the DC version didn't magically become cheaper when the Gamecube version was released and became more widespread), and I doubt that Guwange PCB's price was affected at all by it's XBLA release.

So, no - I don't think we'll see any significant change in Silvergun's price.
PSN; Bootaaay ---------------------------------------------------------------- XBL; B007444Y
BigTinz
128-bit

by BigTinz Thu Dec 30, 2010 7:55 am

Maybe you should just wait until the game comes out.....
gennss
128-bit

by gennss Thu Dec 30, 2010 8:56 am

price already dropped on announcment to averaging less than 150. At one point it was over 250.
--
Gennss
--
Breetai
Next-Gen

by Breetai Thu Dec 30, 2010 12:13 pm

Prices of these sorts of games usually see a temporary price drop, but then go back to around their previous price.
Xtincthed
32-bit

by Xtincthed Thu Dec 30, 2010 6:14 pm

many examples (like the ones named) in the past have shown that the prices aren't affected
they physical media is still as rare as it was before, and still collectors are after it :)
Original_Name
Next-Gen

by Original_Name Thu Dec 30, 2010 11:02 pm

Ah, sorry, I didn't realize this had been discussed in that thread. Real quick though, I'm surprised with people saying it's proven that it doesn't affect the prices of physical media when on this very site there's an article documenting how the prices of Rez, Marvel vs. Capcom 2, and Ikaruga dropped after becoming available for digital download, unless I'm missing something? Plus it's sort of a special case because Radiant Silvergun isn't actually all that rare...

Oh well, you're right. I'll just wait and see, but won't get my hopes up. Thanks, guys!
Return to General Gaming