Games of this generation are not worth collecting

Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
JC48573
128-bit

Games of this generation are not worth collecting

Post by JC48573 »

I really don't see how a Call of Duty game is seen as a collector's item as opposed to a game like Metal Gear or Street Fighter. I've been playing a lot of NEW games for the past few months and I'm glad I liked most of them, but when I play a game like Call of Duty or any shooter I just start to question myself if it's worth keeping it with the rest of my collection. Yea, Call of Duty is all about the online multiplayer, so what if the server goes down? I guess is time to sell it? How much will I get though? Maybe a penny. When a game doesn't have an interesting campaign mode, they just have to go as soon as you had enough with the multiplayer mode (let other people have the fun). Seriously, what do you really get out of playing a shooter for 12 hours a day?

You see, if you think you had enough then you had enough. You should sell the game and maybe use the money towards something worthwhile (maybe another game). Not all games are meant to be keepers, which is a good thing.
yomomma1
128-bit

Re: Games of this generation are not worth collecting

Post by yomomma1 »

I'm pretty sure there will be a way to play them in multiplayer after the official service has been cut.
Opa Opa

Post by Opa Opa »

To be honest, I found your topic title kinda misleading. :?
I guess just quit playing First Person Shooters and you won't be disappointed.
flamepanther
Next-Gen

Post by flamepanther »

Plenty of *other* games can still be played offline years later, regardless of whatever happens with the on-line ones.
BananaXX
64-bit

Post by BananaXX »

Wait, do you mean that games nowadays arn't worth anything later on down the road? Or arn't worth holding on to.
BananaXX's FS/FT Shop!!! +27 feedback and growing!!
Breetai
Next-Gen

Post by Breetai »

Bioshock might be, although there really aren't many. The online focus thing really does affect collectability, in my opinion.
corn619
Next-Gen

Post by corn619 »

Also, pumping out yearly sequels to already over milked franchises doesn't help either.
SuperAnthony64
64-bit

Post by SuperAnthony64 »

Look at 3D Dot Game Heroes, Demon's Souls, Mass Effect, Donkey Kong Country Returns, New Super Mario Bros (Wiiand DS), the Zeldas, Uncharted series, Fallout games, Elder Scrolls, Heavy Rain, Dead Space, the DS Castlevanias, Metal Gear Solid 4 and Peace Walker. All these games great. Dont just think of this gen as the COD gen or the flood of FPS. Look around and there are tons of games worthy of playing years later.
3DS Friend Code: 4983 5187 8956
D.D.D.
Next-Gen

Post by D.D.D. »

SuperAnthony64 wrote:Look at 3D Dot Game Heroes, Demon's Souls, Mass Effect, Donkey Kong Country Returns, New Super Mario Bros (Wiiand DS), the Zeldas, Uncharted series, Fallout games, Elder Scrolls, Heavy Rain, Dead Space, the DS Castlevanias, Metal Gear Solid 4 and Peace Walker. All these games great. Dont just think of this gen as the COD gen or the flood of FPS. Look around and there are tons of games worthy of playing years later.

Exactly. I don't buy games that are solely online. And there are lots of great games this generation. *looks at backlog*
 (FC, AVFC, NES, SFC x2, SNES, N64, GC x2, Wii x2)*(G&W x7, GB, GBpocket, GBASP, DS-L x2)
(GEN, SS x3, DC x3)*(PCE-Duo)*(Xbox:500GB)*(NGCDZ, NGPC)*(PS1, PStwo, PS3:160GB, PSP.3K)
Betamax001
Next-Gen

Post by Betamax001 »

I think it depends on the game. Call of Duty is going to be like Super Mario Duck Hunt for the NES. Theres alot and they are going to be super cheap. If anything, I would be more concerned about having a working PlayStation or Xbox down the line.
NES, SNES, PS1, N64, DC, PS2, GCN, Wii, PS3, 360, GB, GBC, GBA, GBA SP, PSP 3000, and 3DS XL

PSN ID: SaturnXMKII
Steam ID: betamax001