Resident Evil 2 & 3 GC vs DC

Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
JC48573
128-bit

Resident Evil 2 & 3 GC vs DC

Post by JC48573 »

Yea, I want to know the difference between the two. I was wondering if DC versions have more content or modes and do they also have stuff like concept art gallery in the games.
AppleQueso

Re: Resident Evil 2 & 3 GC vs DC

Post by AppleQueso »

Graphics are pretty much the same, DC version has some extras that I can't remember right now...

GC has faster loading, but unfortunately lacks the DC extras as it's a straight port of the PS1 version.
JordanPlayer
64-bit

Post by JordanPlayer »

^That sounds about right... however if you want all of the older games on one console stick to Gameucbe/Wii. Has RE 1-4, Zero, and Code Veronica.
gennss
128-bit

Post by gennss »

From what I understand, its the psone version with slightly higher rez textures.
--
Gennss
--
lisalover1
Next-Gen

Post by lisalover1 »

I was pretty sure that the GC version was a port of the N64 version with the PS1's higher-quality audio and FMVs.
~My name's Vicky, by the way!~ ^_^
AppleQueso

Post by AppleQueso »

lisalover1 wrote:I was pretty sure that the GC version was a port of the N64 version with the PS1's higher-quality audio and FMVs.

Nope, it's just the ps1 version. The n64 version has some extra notes in it you can read that tie it in a bit more with REZero. Those aren't in the GC version.
turbolegs
24-bit

Post by turbolegs »

The DC version has an arrange mode. Meaning all the key items physical locations are changed making the game more interesting if you played through the original a lot (like me). It's my personal favourite of all the RE2 releases.
JC48573
128-bit

Post by JC48573 »

I do in fact own RE-4 on one console, but I was just curious.
lisalover1
Next-Gen

Post by lisalover1 »

AppleQueso wrote:
lisalover1 wrote:I was pretty sure that the GC version was a port of the N64 version with the PS1's higher-quality audio and FMVs.

Nope, it's just the ps1 version. The n64 version has some extra notes in it you can read that tie it in a bit more with REZero. Those aren't in the GC version.

Seriously? So, that means that the N64 version has better graphics than the Gamecube version?! :shock:
~My name's Vicky, by the way!~ ^_^
AppleQueso

Post by AppleQueso »

lisalover1 wrote:
AppleQueso wrote:

Seriously? So, that means that the N64 version has better graphics than the Gamecube version?! :shock:

No no no no. Gamecube has higher quality FMVs and graphics than both. FMVs even run at a nicer framerate than they did originally. It's just that the port was based entirely on the Ps1 dualshock version and doesn't contain any of the extras that were in the N64 and DC versions.