by Bradtemple87 Mon Dec 27, 2010 8:26 pm

I have problems on ebay, be careful!
MY Sale/Trade Thread
viewtopic.php?f=22&t=27739
SwooshBear
Next-Gen

Re: Unwieldy Game Libraries

by SwooshBear Mon Dec 27, 2010 10:16 pm

aaron wrote:do stamp collectors collect stamps to send letters? nah, they collect them to collect them.

My dad used to have a stamp collection and he's a mailman.
Incognito D wrote:Mere months after buying my original GBA, Nintendo trolled me hard by releasing the SP.

Check me out on twitter: SwooshBear742
AppleQueso

by AppleQueso Mon Dec 27, 2010 10:40 pm

Oh man, the worst for me is when I get a new console. Then I HAVE to buy stuff for it.
Bradtemple87
Next-Gen

by Bradtemple87 Tue Dec 28, 2010 12:22 am

AppleQueso wrote:Oh man, the worst for me is when I get a new console. Then I HAVE to buy stuff for it.

Yea thats usually a big problem
MY Sale/Trade Thread
viewtopic.php?f=22&t=27739
pakopako
Next-Gen

by pakopako Thu Dec 30, 2010 2:47 am

aaron wrote:do stamp collectors collect stamps to send letters? nah, they collect them to collect them.

Oh no, I was trying to illustrate a redundancy clause which causes collections to build up even faster. On one hand, you would have a "casual collection" that changes akin to buying stamps with regard to using some of them. Of those, some would be funneled to the trove of stamps for display.

The issue comes around to the pre-sort pile -- because the collector is buying two channels, it may grow faster than the rate of usage and storage combined.
My scheduling skills have died of dysentery; I hope to visit at least on a monthly basis.
Still, don't forget to tip your waitress.
hashiriya1
Next-Gen

by hashiriya1 Thu Dec 30, 2010 3:42 am

Live with a girlfriend that you share financial responsibilities with. Her bitching will keep the size of your collection in check.
Erik_Twice
Next-Gen

by Erik_Twice Thu Dec 30, 2010 8:34 am

gennss wrote:How do you control it?

1) Make a list listing each console and the games you want to play.

2) Since you are not going to play 30 different 16 bit plataformers, start cutting the numbers down.

3) Are you really going to play 60$ for a game you don't know if you are going to like just because it's good? You don't like every good movie, games are no different.

4) Don't buy a console just for 5 games specially if they are common genres. Buying a SMS for Phantasy Star, Spellcaster and Wonderboy is not worth it because I can get similar games of the same quality in other consoles.

5) Only buy on the internet what you will never be able to find in pawn shops. For example, no shops around here carry any old PC games so I buy them online. But even if I have yet to see an OutRun 2019 around, I'm sure I will see it sooner or later so I keep looking.

6) If you just bought a game and there are other two sitting on the shelf, you are doing something wrong, you bought on impulse. Reconsider what you are doing and why you were lead to that situation.

7) Always trim down your lists. You should want to cut them down as much as possible so as to be left with a manageable number of games.
Looking for a cool game? Find it in my blog!
Latest post: Often, games must be difficult
http://eriktwice.com/
Return to General Gaming