Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
JC48573
128-bit

Buddhist Monk wants me to recommend him a console

by JC48573 Sat Dec 25, 2010 11:25 pm

He's like a good friend of our family and he came over today to try out the consoles we have. You know, I was really nervous about this because I didn't know what games "monks" were interested in playing. He told me that he had bought a psp in New York with a couple of games and then he tried to describe them because he couldn't remember the names. The first game was actually Tekken 6 and the second one was God of War....yea, I was surprised when he described one of the gory scenes. He asked me if I had any "war related games" where you get to control a ship, fly jet fighters, and bomb other ships. Well, I ended showing him Call of Duty and he thought that game was kinda "funny" because you get shot in the head and then you fall on the ground like a dummy. I showed a few other games only on the PS3 because I didn't own a 360 and he was only interested in the next gen consoles. I finally asked him why he wanted a console and he said that his house is too quiet.
fedexin
32-bit

Re: Buddhist Monk wants me to recommend him a console

by fedexin Sat Dec 25, 2010 11:31 pm

JC48573 wrote:He's like a good friend of our family and he came over today to try out the consoles we have. You know, I was really nervous about this because I didn't know what games "monks" were interested in playing. He told me that he had bought a psp in New York with a couple of games and then he tried to describe them because he couldn't remember the names. The first game was actually Tekken 6 and the second one was God of War....yea, I was surprised when he described one of the gory scenes. He asked me if I had any "war related games" where you get to control a ship, fly jet fighters, and bomb other ships. Well, I ended showing him Call of Duty and he thought that game was kinda "funny" because you get shot in the head and then you fall on the ground like a dummy. I showed a few other games only on the PS3 because I didn't own a 360 and he was only interested in the next gen consoles. I finally asked him why he wanted a console and he said that his house is too quiet.

Is he a warrior monk? If so, a system with good fighters is in order! Neo-Geo, the path to the mega pro-gear spec!
Consoles owned currently: Lynx model 1, Lynx model 2, TG-16, Turbo Express w/TV Tuner, PS3, PS2, XBox 360, Neo-Geo AES (UniBios), Neo-Geo AES (U), Virtual Boy, PSP, GBA, DS, DS Lite, N64, Saturn, Wii, Mini Neo-Geo MVS (MAME), Asteroids standup, Defender cocktail, Street Fighter II CE dedicated, Neo-Geo MVS 4-25, CPS2 USA system
JC48573
128-bit

by JC48573 Sat Dec 25, 2010 11:33 pm

I get the feeling that my friend is more into "Strategy based games." When we were playing Tekken 6, he was explaining to me that you need to find out the character's weak points :shock:

He only buys the latest technology, so he's no ordinary monk.
Last edited by JC48573 on Sat Dec 25, 2010 11:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
flojocabron
Next-Gen

by flojocabron Sat Dec 25, 2010 11:43 pm

not to sound mean or nothing, but what race is he?

you just said monk. describe the person!
2600 and jr,5200,nes/top loader, master system, intellivision, TG-16, genesis 1,2,3, SNES, snesJR, CDX, 3DOfz10, gamegear, gameboy and pocket, GBC, sega saturn, PSOne w/screen, Virtual Boy, N64, NGPC, Gameboy Advance sp, Dreamcast, Black Dreamcast, oXBOX, Playstation 2, PStwo, Gamecube, gameboy player, DS lite,DSi XL, PSP1000/3000,Wii,PS3 120gb,3DSXL, xbox 360, PSvita, PS4
JC48573
128-bit

by JC48573 Sat Dec 25, 2010 11:45 pm

He is Chinese, playful, and friendly. He likes to visit places.
Weekend_Warrior
Next-Gen

by Weekend_Warrior Sun Dec 26, 2010 1:17 am

JC48573 wrote:He asked me if I had any "war related games" where you get to control a ship, fly jet fighters, and bomb other ships.
:lol: I think he just described Pearl Harbor. Might want to watch out for him
"Welcome to the circus of values!"

Currently Playing: Crysis (360), Destiny demo (PS3), Roadblasters (MAME)
fedexin
32-bit

by fedexin Sun Dec 26, 2010 1:31 am

Weekend_Warrior wrote:
JC48573 wrote:He asked me if I had any "war related games" where you get to control a ship, fly jet fighters, and bomb other ships.
:lol: I think he just described Pearl Harbor. Might want to watch out for him

He's Chinese... er, never mind.
Consoles owned currently: Lynx model 1, Lynx model 2, TG-16, Turbo Express w/TV Tuner, PS3, PS2, XBox 360, Neo-Geo AES (UniBios), Neo-Geo AES (U), Virtual Boy, PSP, GBA, DS, DS Lite, N64, Saturn, Wii, Mini Neo-Geo MVS (MAME), Asteroids standup, Defender cocktail, Street Fighter II CE dedicated, Neo-Geo MVS 4-25, CPS2 USA system
fedexin
32-bit

by fedexin Sun Dec 26, 2010 1:33 am

JC48573 wrote:I get the feeling that my friend is more into "Strategy based games." When we were playing Tekken 6, he was explaining to me that you need to find out the character's weak points :shock:

He only buys the latest technology, so he's no ordinary monk.

Could get an XBOX 360, Toy Soldiers and the like are available. Will he be living in the states? I'm guessing so as they don't offically allow consoles of any type in China.
Jonesy47
16-bit

by Jonesy47 Sun Dec 26, 2010 1:44 am

Id recommend a PC. More strategy based games. Also more games that delve outside of the common template.
Systems: ATARI 2600 - NES - FAMICOM - SNES - N64 - GC - WII - GENESIS - SEGACD - SATURN - DREAMCAST - PSX - PS2 - PS3 - XBOX - XBOX 360 - GB - GBC - GBA - DS - PSP - NEOGEOPOCKET
JC48573
128-bit

by JC48573 Sun Dec 26, 2010 2:13 am

^^He is an Apple user (fanatic). I already told him about ps3 and 360, but he seems to like the ps3 a lot. He didn't bother with the Wii at all.

He has a big HD TV in living room, so he wants to put it to good use with a gaming console. He said that he has a neighbor that plays NFL all the time, so maybe owning a gaming console will keep him some company.

@Fedexin

He currently lives in America.
Return to General Gaming