Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
Riqz85
64-bit

Re: The games you were never able to beat

by Riqz85 Thu Dec 23, 2010 4:24 pm

Dead Rising...

I just can't get passed that goddamned first boss. I always blamed it on crappy controls.
SwooshBear
Next-Gen

by SwooshBear Thu Dec 23, 2010 4:25 pm

Super Mario 3. Oh my god. I beat Lost Levels and that was the most painful video game experience I have ever had. Beating it was so worth it. I've always wanted to beat SMB3 but I always get stuck at world 8 with those tanks before 8-1. I made it to world 8-2 with a friend once, but we gave up out of frustration.
Incognito D wrote:Mere months after buying my original GBA, Nintendo trolled me hard by releasing the SP.

Check me out on twitter: SwooshBear742
Breetai
Next-Gen

by Breetai Thu Dec 23, 2010 9:32 pm

Bradtemple87 wrote:The Ghouls n Ghosts games are also worth noting.

Yup. I've got to the end of the first run in Ghouls 'n Ghosts, but I'll be damned if I'm going to beat it twice in a row! Forget that...

I have no chance at Ghosts 'n Goblins. I got respectibly far in Super Ghouls 'n Ghosts, but no way I will beat it. I am just not that dedicated.

There are quite a few shoot 'em ups I don't have the patience to get through, either. Thunder Force IV is one, although I did get by III at one point in the past. Hell of a hard game.
samsonlonghair
Next-Gen

Location: Now: Newport News, VA. Formerly: Richmond. Before that: Near the WV/VA border

by samsonlonghair Thu Dec 23, 2010 10:30 pm

As others have said, I can't beat Comix Zone. I love that game, but no matter how hard I try I never make it. You have to pick up every item, never get hit, and manage your tiny inventory very carefully just to survive past the first few pages.
CAv
24-bit

by CAv Thu Dec 23, 2010 10:44 pm

Ikaruga on hard mode, as it is meant to be played, is impossible. I can't beat the third level.
Systems: Atari 7800, NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii, Saturn, Dreamcast, PS2, Xbox, Xbox 360, Game Boy Pocket (2), Game Boy Color, GBA SP (2), DS
yomomma1
128-bit

by yomomma1 Fri Dec 24, 2010 1:38 am

It seems like everyone has an rpg or similar genre of game that doesn't want to be beaten. For me that would be baten kaitos. 5 years since I bought it, 3 controllers have died while trying to play it, many saves were erased, and I got stuck because I didn't grind enough for a hard boss fight.
mjmjr25

by mjmjr25 Fri Dec 24, 2010 1:42 am

This is prob. an easy game for some. My cousin and I, try as we might, sucked at rush n' attack, played it incessantly, get to the 4th board pretty easy, and just start getting sniped like crazy.
hashiriya1
Next-Gen

by hashiriya1 Mon Dec 27, 2010 1:39 am

I could never beat Target Earth without cheating. It's love/hate with that game.
D.D.D.
Next-Gen

by D.D.D. Mon Dec 27, 2010 1:56 am

noiseredux wrote:for the life of me I cannot beat Super Mario Bros. All the others in the series are no problem for me to beat. But I just can't beat the first. It's sad.

Seriously drop everything and finish SMB now. You need to erase that shame. :lol:
 (FC, AVFC, NES, SFC x2, SNES, N64, GC x2, Wii x2)*(G&W x7, GB, GBpocket, GBASP, DS-L x2)
(GEN, SS x3, DC x3)*(PCE-Duo)*(Xbox:500GB)*(NGCDZ, NGPC)*(PS1, PStwo, PS3:160GB, PSP.3K)
D.D.D.
Next-Gen

by D.D.D. Mon Dec 27, 2010 1:57 am

MrHealthy wrote:F-Zero GX

No question. I love this game, I have almost all the cups beat on the hardest difficulty, but for the life of me I can not pass the Grad Prix in the story mode. No matter what I do, no matter how many times I try, I always finish in the middle of the pack. Its so sad because its one of my favourite games ever, and I haven't finished it...

Fully agree. It too is one of my favorite games but the story mode is just... punishment. :roll:
 (FC, AVFC, NES, SFC x2, SNES, N64, GC x2, Wii x2)*(G&W x7, GB, GBpocket, GBASP, DS-L x2)
(GEN, SS x3, DC x3)*(PCE-Duo)*(Xbox:500GB)*(NGCDZ, NGPC)*(PS1, PStwo, PS3:160GB, PSP.3K)
Return to General Gaming