Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
sevin0seven
Next-Gen

Re: Top 5 Gaming Disappointments of 2010

by sevin0seven Mon Dec 27, 2010 9:35 pm

dsheinem wrote:so I am seriously considering changing my vote for biggest disappointment to NBA Jam. :evil:

:shock: :? :lol: ..... :roll:
Visit my store: sevin0seven Marketplace
Bay Area Cali: Meet-up Thread
Custom Art Covers & Labels: Click here
Game Room: Click here
dsheinem
Next-Gen

by dsheinem Mon Dec 27, 2010 9:54 pm

sevin0seven wrote:
dsheinem wrote:so I am seriously considering changing my vote for biggest disappointment to NBA Jam. :evil:

I am serious.
sevin0seven
Next-Gen

by sevin0seven Mon Dec 27, 2010 9:57 pm

dsheinem wrote:
sevin0seven wrote:

I am serious.

i know professor dsheinem. no tag mode, no win. :wink:
dsheinem
Next-Gen

by dsheinem Mon Dec 27, 2010 10:16 pm

sevin0seven wrote: :shock: :? :lol: ..... :roll:

dsheinem wrote:I am serious.

sevin0seven wrote:i know professor dsheinem. no tag mode, no win. :wink:

It's not just TAG mode, although that is the most major complaint. The non-mappable buttons issue is huge too. I could also add:

-The A.I. is drastically different than in the original games - the new version has dumber teammates and tougher opponents. (which makes the need for TAG mode paramount!)
-no option to set game or timer speed
-The ball often stops mid air or when it hits the rim when thrown up at the buzzer
-No option to turn CPU assistance off
-Fire mode doesn't equal almost automatic three pointers like it should
-the "Boom-shakka-lakka" guy talks CONSTANTLY about everything, ruining much of the appeal of his dunk outbursts

These are basic things that were all in the home ports of the original, which is what this game should have been. I'll wait a little while in hopes of a patch, but otherwise I am afraid this will be going on the trade list.

I don't understand how any fans of the original can really enjoy this very much...
jfe2
Next-Gen

by jfe2 Mon Dec 27, 2010 10:51 pm

dsheinem wrote:
sevin0seven wrote: :shock: :? :lol: ..... :roll:

dsheinem wrote:I am serious.

sevin0seven wrote:i know professor dsheinem. no tag mode, no win. :wink:

It's not just TAG mode, although that is the most major complaint. The non-mappable buttons issue is huge too. I could also add:

-The A.I. is drastically different than in the original games - the new version has dumber teammates and tougher opponents. (which makes the need for TAG mode paramount!)
-no option to set game or timer speed
-The ball often stops mid air or when it hits the rim when thrown up at the buzzer
-No option to turn CPU assistance off
-Fire mode doesn't equal almost automatic three pointers like it should
-the "Boom-shakka-lakka" guy talks CONSTANTLY about everything, ruining much of the appeal of his dunk outbursts

These are basic things that were all in the home ports of the original, which is what this game should have been. I'll wait a little while in hopes of a patch, but otherwise I am afraid this will be going on the trade list.

I don't understand how any fans of the original can really enjoy this very much...

"HE'S ON FIRE!"
sevin0seven
Next-Gen

by sevin0seven Mon Dec 27, 2010 11:13 pm

jfe2 wrote:"HE'S ON FIRE!"

yes, and BOOM-SHAKALA!!

i agree with all your points dsheinem, but overall the game is still fun for me. hopefully they can fix all those absents and issues on the next installment. :)

edit: actually jfe2, your on "FIRE" *avatar. :mrgreen:
Flodder450
24-bit

by Flodder450 Tue Dec 28, 2010 5:07 pm

Goldeneye007 Wii

As a big fan of the original i was expecting a game that did justice to the Goldeneye name

instead, we got a Call Of Duty game with the bond license slapped onto it

i played it and i lost all faith in Activision and Eurocom

since Eurocom made 007Nightfire,one of my favourite bond games right after Goldeneye,i was expecting a new 007Nightfire,but just got a Bad COD-Clone

the things i didnt like about it
-The music:
it doesnt feel as bond and it just doesnt feel bond-ish,it is music better suited for COD then a bond game,as i was expecting the old tunes to be remastered,instead we got lousy music which is there just to fill up disc space.

-the fact that your character walks very slow in multiplayer;it just gets on my nerves it bloody annoying.

-The COD xp system:
Really? an xp system in a Bond game? no,just no which means,you can only unlock certain things at a certain level,which is dumb

-the fact that you cant choose weapon sets,only weapons per character,the fun in the original multiplayer was that you could just carry like 6 different weapons at a time, you werent restricted to 3 weapons at a time

i could go on and on and on but this game is just a pile of Failure
sevin0seven
Next-Gen

by sevin0seven Tue Dec 28, 2010 6:31 pm

Flodder450 wrote:Goldeneye007 Wii

As a big fan of the original i was expecting a game that did justice to the Goldeneye name

instead, we got a Call Of Duty game with the bond license slapped onto it

i played it and i lost all faith in Activision and Eurocom

since Eurocom made 007Nightfire,one of my favourite bond games right after Goldeneye,i was expecting a new 007Nightfire,but just got a Bad COD-Clone

the things i didnt like about it
-The music:
it doesnt feel as bond and it just doesnt feel bond-ish,it is music better suited for COD then a bond game,as i was expecting the old tunes to be remastered,instead we got lousy music which is there just to fill up disc space.

-the fact that your character walks very slow in multiplayer;it just gets on my nerves it bloody annoying.

-The COD xp system:
Really? an xp system in a Bond game? no,just no which means,you can only unlock certain things at a certain level,which is dumb

-the fact that you cant choose weapon sets,only weapons per character,the fun in the original multiplayer was that you could just carry like 6 different weapons at a time, you werent restricted to 3 weapons at a time

i could go on and on and on but this game is just a pile of Failure

welcome to RB! i was actually expecting what you were expecting from this so called Goldeneye 007 "remake" and i was really disappointed it's nothing like the original or captured the essence of it. the moment i started playing the game i can tell right away it's just another COD clone, however the disappointment all flew when i started playing with the RB clan: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=26580 :mrgreen:
darthmunky
Next-Gen

by darthmunky Sun Jan 02, 2011 1:12 pm

These are games I thought were going to be way better and I did not get any of these because of their lack of greatness.

Fallout: New Vegas
Bioshock 2
- Check out my Trade List
- Check out my Want List
- My GameTZ feedback
- My eBay feedback
J T
Next-Gen

by J T Mon Jan 03, 2011 2:11 pm

I find it generally disappointing that many of the big releases this year were sequels that were very similar to their predecessors.

Bioshock 2
Call of Duty: Black Ops
God Of War 3
Final Fantasy XIII
Super Street Fighter IV
Bad Company 2
Super Mario Galaxy 2
Metroid Other M
Starcraft II
Gran Turismo 5

It's not that I think any of these are bad games, or that I even have a problem with sequels. It's just that when you look back on the year, there was little innovation. Many of these sequels don't even take many chances. Most of the interesting new ideas for games this year came from the indie scene. For example, Minecraft is probably one of the most original new gaming ideas to come along in a long time. I just wish there was more creativity in the modern games released by major publishers. Other than perhaps Heavy Rain, I can't think of many games from major publishers in 2010 that really pushed any boundaries. They produced a lot of polished and fun titles, but nothing ground breaking.
My contributions to the Racketboy site:
Browser Games ... Free PC Games ... Mixtapes ... Doujin Games ... SotC Poetry
Return to General Gaming