Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
alienjesus
Next-Gen

Re: Top 5 Gaming Disappointments of 2010

by alienjesus Thu Dec 23, 2010 12:44 pm

dsheinem wrote:Sin and Punishment 2*

You're the first I've heard say this. What is it that you dont like about it in comparison to the first?
dsheinem
Next-Gen

by dsheinem Thu Dec 23, 2010 1:11 pm

alienjesus wrote:

You're the first I've heard say this. What is it that you dont like about it in comparison to the first?

I can't really put my finger on it other than to say it didn't draw me in as much - I didn't feel compelled to go finish it after starting it (maybe I should get back to it). With the first one, I felt that the pacing was perfect and was eager to keep going. Maybe it was partly the motion controls, too - I should try it again with a different configuration...
alienjesus
Next-Gen

by alienjesus Thu Dec 23, 2010 1:19 pm

dsheinem wrote:
alienjesus wrote:

I can't really put my finger on it other than to say it didn't draw me in as much - I didn't feel compelled to go finish it after starting it (maybe I should get back to it). With the first one, I felt that the pacing was perfect and was eager to keep going. Maybe it was partly the motion controls, too - I should try it again with a different configuration...

Well, I'll be getting it for my birthday tomorrow, so I'll post my opinions later.
Ack

by Ack Thu Dec 23, 2010 1:59 pm

I was probably the most disappointed with Castlevania: Lords of Shadow, which isn't to say I was really all that disappointed with it. It had its moments where I felt it bogged down, especially the story, but I don't feel it was a bad game.

I enjoyed Red Dead Redemption for the most part, and 3D Dot Game Heroes was exactly what I wanted it to be. S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Call of Pripyat was excellent. My girlfriend absolutely loves Star Ocean: The Last Hope International. And Alien Swarm was a ton of fun! And Deadly Premonition was a great throwback to the glory days of survival horror.

So yeah....for me, it wasn't a bad year at all.
I have a movie review website now: https://moviereviewsbyamook.com/
ZeroAX
Next-Gen

by ZeroAX Thu Dec 23, 2010 2:09 pm

Ack wrote:I was probably the most disappointed with Castlevania: Lords of Shadow, which isn't to say I was really all that disappointed with it. It had its moments where I felt it bogged down, especially the story, but I don't feel it was a bad game.

I enjoyed Red Dead Redemption for the most part, and 3D Dot Game Heroes was exactly what I wanted it to be. S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Call of Pripyat was excellent. My girlfriend absolutely loves Star Ocean: The Last Hope International. And Alien Swarm was a ton of fun! And Deadly Premonition was a great throwback to the glory days of survival horror.

So yeah....for me, it wasn't a bad year at all.

Ack's biggest disappointment was that nothing disappointed him enough, so he could whine about it on the internet :lol:
BoneSnapDeez wrote:The success of a console is determined by how much I enjoy it.
Gamerforlife
Next-Gen

by Gamerforlife Thu Dec 23, 2010 3:17 pm

Ack wrote:I was probably the most disappointed with Castlevania: Lords of Shadow, which isn't to say I was really all that disappointed with it. It had its moments where I felt it bogged down, especially the story, but I don't feel it was a bad game.

I think when you get right down to it, LOS is just sort of typical of a lot of action/adventure games today. Having a dissapointing story falls right in line with a lot of other games of this nature like Bayonetta, Devil May Cry 4, etc, etc. Everything else about the game is good, but again, more of the same. It's like they got Castlevania back on track by simply making it conform. So it's not really special anymore. Once enough blockbuster titles have come out for them to copy, we'll see the sequel
RyaNtheSlayA wrote:
Seriously. Screw you Shao Kahn I'm gonna play Animal Crossing.
Rurouni_Fencer
Next-Gen

by Rurouni_Fencer Sat Dec 25, 2010 3:03 am

Gamerforlife wrote:

I think when you get right down to it, LOS is just sort of typical of a lot of action/adventure games today. Having a dissapointing story falls right in line with a lot of other games of this nature like Bayonetta, Devil May Cry 4, etc, etc. Everything else about the game is good, but again, more of the same. It's like they got Castlevania back on track by simply making it conform. So it's not really special anymore. Once enough blockbuster titles have come out for them to copy, we'll see the sequel

It's a 3D Castlevania - there's not going to be much franchise-wise thats worth-while going for it. And for what it's worth, it's the best 3D iteration we've got going so far.. If Konami really wanted to reboot the series, they should make a 2D side-scrolling adventure (ala Adventure: Rebirth, or better yet - Super Castlevania IV) that lasts longer than just a few measly hours.
B/S/T Thread *Updated 7/30/11*
Rurouni_Fencer »» 39 (as of 6/27/2018)
dsheinem
Next-Gen

by dsheinem Mon Dec 27, 2010 8:45 pm

so I am seriously considering changing my vote for biggest disappointment to NBA Jam. :evil:
noiseredux
Next-Gen

by noiseredux Mon Dec 27, 2010 8:51 pm

dsheinem wrote:so I am seriously considering changing my vote for biggest disappointment to NBA Jam. :evil:

whaa?

wait you got the non-Wii version huh?
dsheinem
Next-Gen

by dsheinem Mon Dec 27, 2010 9:04 pm

noiseredux wrote:
dsheinem wrote:so I am seriously considering changing my vote for biggest disappointment to NBA Jam. :evil:

whaa?

wait you got the non-Wii version huh?

360 version.

No TAG mode is a SERIOUS injustice. I pretty much knew I wouldn't like it without TAG mode, but I never thought it would suck so bad. Not having full control of your team really kills a lot of the fun for me, especially with the idiot A.I. Also, it feels floaty, you can't remap buttons (I hate using a trigger for turbo), and it pales in comparison to the original or the original home ports which I absolutely adore on almost every level.

This is just an initial reaction - I do plan to stick with it for a bit longer and see if I can come around. The lack of options to customize the game to my liking is a real killer though.
Return to General Gaming