Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
ReddMcKnight
128-bit

Games That Wrack The Brain

by ReddMcKnight Tue Dec 14, 2010 7:16 pm

I'm looking to discuss games where it's hard to trick the computer, and often times, when you think that you've won, the computer gets you. I'm sure a lot of strategy games will come up in this thread, including I.Q. for the PS1. I'll start.

Flash Version of Go, the Board Game: http://www.freegames.ws/games/boardgames/go/go.htm

This is a Flash Version of Go, a popular board game in Japan, China, and Korea. Despite it's simple rules, it takes lots of strategy to win. I was just at it for about 45 Minutes, and out of about 60-70 Games, I won 3 of them. Heh.

So, anyone got any other good ones?
Made by the extremely talented MrAfterFx!
My Blog, Hardcore Old-School: http://www.rfgeneration.com/blogs/ReddMcKnight/
J T
Next-Gen

Re: Games That Wrack The Brain

by J T Tue Dec 14, 2010 8:15 pm

I-no from the Guilty Gear series.
She has wracked my brain trying to figure out how to win against her impossible AI/cheating tactics. Her rack is in my brain too.
My contributions to the Racketboy site:
Browser Games ... Free PC Games ... Mixtapes ... Doujin Games ... SotC Poetry
renardqueenston
24-bit

by renardqueenston Tue Dec 14, 2010 8:21 pm

J T wrote:Image
I-no from the Guilty Gear series.
She has wracked my brain trying to figure out how to win against her impossible AI/cheating tactics. Her rack is in my brain too.

FUCK THIS FIGHT FUCK THIS FIGHT FUCK THIS FIGHT FUCK THIS FIGHT AUGHHHHHHH
Yackom
32-bit

by Yackom Tue Dec 14, 2010 10:26 pm

ReddMcKnight wrote:...
This is a Flash Version of Go, a popular board game in Japan, China, and Korea. Despite it's simple rules, it takes lots of strategy to win. I was just at it for about 45 Minutes, and out of about 60-70 Games, I won 3 of them. Heh.

Oddly from a computer science standpoint Go is actually one of the games they have no real good AI for. Moderate humans beat the best machines all day long. I'm not trying to bash you though, but there is hope.

I do recall Xaero Quake3 on nightmare being an ass which I had to resort to cheap tactics to beat him.
Jrecee
Next-Gen

by Jrecee Tue Dec 14, 2010 10:40 pm

On a similar topic, they just announced a new jeopardy tournament that will happen in Febuary where the two best players (ken jennings and another guy) will go up against IBM's Watson AI program.
AmishSamurai
Next-Gen

by AmishSamurai Tue Dec 14, 2010 10:48 pm

Jrecee wrote:On a similar topic, they just announced a new jeopardy tournament that will happen in Febuary where the two best players (ken jennings and another guy) will go up against IBM's Watson AI program.

I heard about that. As a huge Jeopardy buff I'm rather excited. I don't see the AI winning though, mainly because of the weird shit that pops up whenever I get google searches. I imagine it getting as muddled.
MrPopo wrote:The life lesson here is jobs will come and go, but Earthbound will always be there for you.

I'm a girl btw
Return to General Gaming