Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
Hobie-wan
Next-Gen

Re: CD-R Music for game burning?

by Hobie-wan Tue Dec 14, 2010 9:40 pm

CRTGAMER wrote:Interesting, a fail since most burn music on computers. I wonder if Music CDRs will affect a game burn with that added data. avrame, curious where you read about that UV dye and the label peeling.

When the stereo recorders came out PC burners were still a lot more expensive, as were computers. I think I paid $300 for a 4X burner for my PC in 99 or so and of course that was on top of the rest of the PC cost. Plus remember it was easy to make a coaster if you didn't close all other programs or had a PC that was bogged down with crap or had a slow and fragmented hard drive. Having a dedicated music burner if you could afford it was easier for non techies. As for the discs it is just a data flag somewhere there. It isn't like it takes up space and PC burners don't even pay attention to it.
avrame
128-bit

by avrame Wed Dec 15, 2010 4:56 am

CRTGAMER wrote:Interesting, a fail since most burn music on computers. I wonder if Music CDRs will affect a game burn with that added Disc Application Flag.

avrame, curious where you read about that UV dye and the cause of your label peeling.

For why the labels peeled, before I got a girlfriend, I just left all my CDRs on the passenger seat while I drove. My friends and I were convinced that it would deter break-in's as it shows that you don't have any real CDs worth stealing :P That lasted about 4 years, then in college, I threw them into my glovebox since that seat was needed for girls ^_^

As for the UV thing, I don't remember what forum I read it on, but that was an explanation that someone gave as to why the music-CDRs let out a different colored sparks when you microwave them (COME ON! you all tried it once, right? :lol:) My friend and I thought it was the coolest thing, and we wondered why my TDK cdrs sparked differently than his TDK music-cdrs
If you aren't having a good time, why are you playing?
avrame
128-bit

by avrame Wed Dec 15, 2010 4:58 am

Oh yeah, and to answer the other question, the label I'm refering to is the bare label side of the CDR, no printed on covers (cost too much in ink back then to be worthwhile, esp. since I burned a new cd every two weeks :P)
If you aren't having a good time, why are you playing?
Jamisonia
128-bit

by Jamisonia Thu Dec 16, 2010 3:31 pm

thank you. Good I have about a 100 free CD-Rs to burn some games on!
Return to General Gaming