I Need Something Cool, Weird, and Japanese.

Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
Breetai
Next-Gen

Re: I Need Something Cool, Weird, and Japanese.

Post by Breetai »

D.D.D. wrote:
Breetai wrote:Yeah, the audio caps on the original Duo do sometimes go. They can be replaced. It involves a trip to somewhere like Radio Shack and some soldering skills.

This problem was solved with the Super CD-Rom2 add-on (the grey/orange one that piggybacks), the Duo-R and Duo-RX.

Seriously??? :shock: I gotta get another one then. I have a PCE Duo but I have no soldering skills so it seems easier just to get a Duo-R, RX, or the add-on. Plus this could be my excuse for finally getting a core system. :D It's just so cute.

I've had a few original Duos, and it has never been an issue. However, this is a problem that is more likely to happen with the original Duo than the R-series.

Before you freak out about fixing a Duo, why not look up a guide on the net? I really don't think it is THAT hard.... IF it is even an issue (it very well might never be!).

If you have a Duo, I would just stick with it. If there is a problem, decide then to buy a Duo-R or try to fix the Duo. You will probably find that fixing the Duo isn't so bad and MUCH more affordable.
D.D.D.
Next-Gen

Post by D.D.D. »

Breetai wrote:
D.D.D. wrote:
Breetai wrote:Yeah, the audio caps on the original Duo do sometimes go. They can be replaced. It involves a trip to somewhere like Radio Shack and some soldering skills.

This problem was solved with the Super CD-Rom2 add-on (the grey/orange one that piggybacks), the Duo-R and Duo-RX.

Seriously??? :shock: I gotta get another one then. I have a PCE Duo but I have no soldering skills so it seems easier just to get a Duo-R, RX, or the add-on. Plus this could be my excuse for finally getting a core system. :D It's just so cute.

I've had a few original Duos, and it has never been an issue. However, this is a problem that is more likely to happen with the original Duo than the R-series.

Before you freak out about fixing a Duo, why not look up a guide on the net? I really don't think it is THAT hard.... IF it is even an issue (it very well might never be!).

If you have a Duo, I would just stick with it. If there is a problem, decide then to buy a Duo-R or try to fix the Duo. You will probably find that fixing the Duo isn't so bad and MUCH more affordable.

I don't recall any issues the last time I used my Duo but that was about 5+ years ago (back home in a box). I'm not even sure the next time I'll be near my home state so it just seems easier to get another Duo.

I'm not really worried about soldering but I literally have never done it and don't have anything to practice on either (I really need to get an old circuit board or something to try). That's why I wouldn't want to try to replace caps the first time out y'know.
 (FC, AVFC, NES, SFC x2, SNES, N64, GC x2, Wii x2)*(G&W x7, GB, GBpocket, GBASP, DS-L x2)
(GEN, SS x3, DC x3)*(PCE-Duo)*(Xbox:500GB)*(NGCDZ, NGPC)*(PS1, PStwo, PS3:160GB, PSP.3K)
lisalover1
Next-Gen

Post by lisalover1 »

Is the CoreGrafx system smaller than the normal PC Engine? What is the difference between the two?
~My name's Vicky, by the way!~ ^_^
Breetai
Next-Gen

Post by Breetai »

lisalover1 wrote:Is the CoreGrafx system smaller than the normal PC Engine? What is the difference between the two?

Original white, Core Grafx and Core Grafx II are all the same size. The differences are just in aesthetics; colour and design. Also, the two CG systems have composite out, where the original just has (really good quality) RF.