New Computer Windows 7 64bit or 32bit ?

Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
Ziggy

Re: New Computer Windows 7 64bit or 32bit ?

Post by Ziggy »

If the software does. What burner are you using?
elmagicochrisg
Next-Gen

Post by elmagicochrisg »

Willem EPROM writer with 16bit adapter.

Dreamcast DUX Limited Edition for sale (new, odorless and sealed)

All forum members are equal. But some are more equal than others. - George Orwell
Ziggy

Post by Ziggy »

Ah, just a generic one then I guess. Unless you got it direct from Sivava. If you want, I'll see if the software runs on my 64-bit 7. It probably does.
elmagicochrisg
Next-Gen

Post by elmagicochrisg »

Haha, I was looking for one on eBay to show you. Then I found it and kinda answered my own question...

http://cgi.benl.ebay.be/True-USB-Willem-EPROM-BIOS-FLASH-universal-programmer-/310264532110?pt=AU_B_I_Electrical_Test_Equipment&hash=item483d350c8e#ht_3483wt_916

I guess it does run on 64bit. Wasn't sure since I recall it being advertised as a 32bit eprom writer back when I bought it. So I suppose I'm future proof then. I have only used it once to make an english Star Ocean cartridge, but I'm sure I'm gonna use it again one day. Thanks for trying to help though. Much appreciated... ^^

All forum members are equal. But some are more equal than others. - George Orwell
Ziggy

Post by Ziggy »

THAT one is an MCUmall burner, which uses its own software. They're software is a LOT better than the software that generic Willem burners have.
elmagicochrisg
Next-Gen

Post by elmagicochrisg »

Just found the PayPal receipt and I did indeed buy it from MCUmall in Canada. The software in the package was a simple Philips CD-R. Nice to hear I made the right choice. I had no idea... :)

I do remember contacting another company that also made EPRÖM writers. They were way more expensive though. Like 6 or 7 times more expensive. So that made the choice easier... lol

Ziggy

Post by Ziggy »

You can download newer versions of their software from their site, not sure how old yours is. It definitely works on 64-bit.
msimplay
64-bit

Post by msimplay »

While we are talking about installing what's better Ahci or Ide ?
Pros and cons please
msimplay
64-bit

Post by msimplay »

Just as a conclusion to the thread I managed to install Windows 7 Pro in ahci mode.
I had loads of problems in x64 mode because it seems while there is software for the 64bit Windows7 on my motherboard the H55M UD2H there is a notable lack of drivers.
So I stayed on the 32bit version
puke_face

Post by puke_face »

Niode wrote:Pro definitely. The extras in Ultimate aren't worth the premium, and Home is missing a few key features concerning networks and network log on, it also doesn't have XP Mode either.

Yeah, the Ultimate Edition will not be supported for the same length of time that Home and Pro will (Can't find the source, but I know it's legit). The only thing that Ultimate has over Pro is the Language package, and BitLocker.