Page 3 of 4

Re: Can't memorize the buttons!

Posted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 9:01 pm
by ZeroAX
I agree. The only time I think which button to press is during the tutorial. Later on I don't think press X I think fire fireball.

The only exception is the PS3, cause the buttons are so close to each other, but at the same time have so different names (1 letter and 3 shapes) so I've kind of have the position of the button memorized with the shape.

Also QTE should only be arrow directions. It's much easier to find, and well feels more involving, since you're kind of telling the game which way to go.

Re: Can't memorize the buttons!

Posted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 10:00 pm
by Limewater
ZeroAX wrote:Also QTE should only be arrow directions. It's much easier to find, and well feels more involving, since you're kind of telling the game which way to go.


I have a feeling that, if this were the case, my animosity towards QTE's would only be about a tenth what it is now-- if that.

Even in Dragon's Lair, the button presses had some relation to what was going on onscreen.

Re: Can't memorize the buttons!

Posted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 7:16 pm
by SwooshBear
The only problem I have with controllers is when I play a game like FF7 where X is cancel and O is confirm. X is always confirm! I can't stand the backwardsness. Drives me up the wall.

Re: Can't memorize the buttons!

Posted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 7:39 pm
by ZeroAX
SwooshBear wrote:The only problem I have with controllers is when I play a game like FF7 where X is cancel and O is confirm. X is always confirm! I can't stand the backwardsness. Drives me up the wall.


you can change it from the options menu.

Re: Can't memorize the buttons!

Posted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 10:30 pm
by SwooshBear
Well I feel like an idiot now :lol: oh well

Re: Can't memorize the buttons!

Posted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 6:27 am
by aaron
i never have this problem for some reason. i guess i just associate the colors well on the 360 and the shape on the snes pad.

y'know, like this:

Image

Re: Can't memorize the buttons!

Posted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 7:16 am
by swiftzx
aaron wrote:i never have this problem for some reason. i guess i just associate the colors well on the 360 and the shape on the snes pad.

y'know, like this:

Image



Ugh, not foo fighters :|

Re: Can't memorize the buttons!

Posted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 8:03 am
by aaron
that's one of the best rock albums to come out in the last 15 years, i can't see where the hate could possibly come from.

but anyway, i just used it to make a joke, which was obviously poor enough to be ignored.

Re: Can't memorize the buttons!

Posted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 5:15 pm
by SwooshBear
swiftzx wrote:
aaron wrote:i never have this problem for some reason. i guess i just associate the colors well on the 360 and the shape on the snes pad.

y'know, like this:

Image



Ugh, not foo fighters :|


Haha, yes foo fighters! Wearing a foo fighters shirt right now actually :lol:

Re: Can't memorize the buttons!

Posted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 6:42 am
by Erik_Twice
I couldn't agree more with you ZeroAX. I kept dying in RE 4 (Wii edition) because the button you had to push not to die was random and I took to long to react.