Can't memorize the buttons!

Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
ieatramen
24-bit

Can't memorize the buttons!

Post by ieatramen »

Been playing Splatterhouse for 360 and whenever the "action button" prompt pops up when i'm fighting my mind reverts back to the layout of an snes controller and push the wrong button. It's driving me nuts :lol:
I've been playing on the 360 for 3 years now and i still haven't memorized where the x, y, a, b buttons are! Anyone else have trouble with the different controllers from various systems?
GamerMON
Next-Gen

Re: Can't memorize the buttons!

Post by GamerMON »

This happens to me everytime I play god of war.
alienjesus
Next-Gen

Post by alienjesus »

ieatramen wrote:Been playing Splatterhouse for 360 and whenever the "action button" prompt pops up when i'm fighting my mind reverts back to the layout of an snes controller and push the wrong button. It's driving me nuts :lol:
I've been playing on the 360 for 3 years now and i still haven't memorized where the x, y, a, b buttons are! Anyone else have trouble with the different controllers from various systems?

The Xbox and dreamcast both give me this problem. Having the same button layout with different names to the SNES is frustrating. Its compounded even more by the fact that I use the UK SNES with the red, blue green and yellow buttons - all of these coloured buttons are in different positions to the other controllers too, so I cant even rely on colour prompts.

No other console really gives me this issue, due to different layouts or different button names.
jeffro11
128-bit

Post by jeffro11 »

Growing up on the Playstation. I just call the 360's face buttons circl, X, square, triangle... It's weird though, only this console gives me trouble remembering the buttons letter.
Flake

Post by Flake »

I chalk it up to there just being too damn many buttons these days.
Maybe now Nintendo will acknowledge Metroid has a fanbase?
ZeroAX
Next-Gen

Post by ZeroAX »

When playing on my cousins 360 I have the same problem, because it's different from Nintendo's consoles (I'm mostly used to the layout of the DS).

I also have trouble telling if it wants me to press RT or RB due to small letters of the HD generation. It's easier to tell apart 1 and 2 when a PS3 game asks me to press R1 or R2
BoneSnapDeez wrote:The success of a console is determined by how much I enjoy it.
CRTGAMER
Next-Gen

Post by CRTGAMER »

PSX X and O buttons for Metal Gear as well as imports.
CRT vs LCD - Hardware Mods - HDAdvance - Custom Controllers - Game Storage - Wii Gamecube and other Guides:
CRTGAMER Guides in Board Guides Index: http://www.racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1109425#p1109425

Limewater
Next-Gen

Post by Limewater »

Flake wrote:I chalk it up to there just being too damn many buttons these days.

I chalk it up to developers relying on a ridiculous and immersion-breaking game mechanic.
Systems: TI-99/4a, Commodore Vic-20, Atari 2600, NES, SMS, GB, Neo Geo MVS (Big Red 4-slot), Genesis, SNES, 3DO, PS1, N64, DC, PS2, GBA, GCN, NDSi, Wii
flojocabron
Next-Gen

Post by flojocabron »

you guys are talking about 4 button controllers! Sega had 6 button controllers before the dreamcast. try memorizing layouts back then!
2600 and jr,5200,nes/top loader, master system, intellivision, TG-16, genesis 1,2,3, SNES, snesJR, CDX, 3DOfz10, gamegear, gameboy and pocket, GBC, sega saturn, PSOne w/screen, Virtual Boy, N64, NGPC, Gameboy Advance sp, Dreamcast, Black Dreamcast, oXBOX, Playstation 2, PStwo, Gamecube, gameboy player, DS lite,DSi XL, PSP1000/3000,Wii,PS3 120gb,3DSXL, xbox 360, PSvita, PS4
futuramaguy42
32-bit

Post by futuramaguy42 »

If I'm playing Xbox with people I sometimes say press the X button, because I'm so used to the Playstation controller.

Oh, and on the DS when it says press the a button sometimes I'll still press B because the a button should be at the bottom.